Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread - Page 1149 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

Comments

• Sorry if I missed some birthdays, hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Hope you all had a Happy Easter. I had a full house, was exhausted after everyone left but it was fun and the baby is walking, she will turn 1 next month.

Terry, love the pics of your granddaughters and family!!

Anna, Is Justin 3 yet, I can't remember. At that age, they really start to have a personality.

More storms tomorrow, it doesn't stop, so afraid of these tornados!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

• Hi-MaryAnnL-Justin is 2 1/2...he talks up a storm...he is so funny...we went to brunch on Easter so I'm having a family dinner this weekend..funny-when the kids get older everything changes-their schedule, my schedule-& looks like my son will be moving to Phoenix for his job in July..(I'll have a place to go on vacation)...dreary day outside now & for the rest of the week..well,have to go back to work-talk care..talk to u soon.......bye(hi to Terry,Judy & anyone else I may have missed)

• Mom's Teaching - These are so true!!!!!

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .

"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside.. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION.

"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC.

" Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .

"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.

"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY.

"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS .

"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTION-ISM.

"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA .

"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.

"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.

"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.

"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION .

"Stop acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about ENVY.

"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.

"Just wait until we get home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING .

"You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.

"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP.

"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOR.

"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .

"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS.

"You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.

"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM.

"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

And my favorite:

25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE .

"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you !"

• I am trying a picture just to see if it will let me post it...

Attached files image
  • Well what do you know. Only took two tries. It is an older picture but I figured the size would work and it did. I will try more

Attached files image
  • :scratch:Oh well. One out of two is okay. I am going to take some new oictures soon & I will try my best to get them on here...

• OK GUYS I NEED YOUR WELL WISHES

YOU SEE IF I CAN GET AN OK TOMORROW FROM MY HEART DOC SUNDAY I WILL HAVE MY LEFT EYE OPER. ON AND BY MONDAY I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE AGAIN

SO IF I AM NOT ON HERE FOR NOW THIS IS WHY

MY RIGHT EYE WILL BE DONE IN JUNE BUT ITS NOT AS BAD AS THE LEFT SO THATS OK

RIGHT NOW I AM TYPING BLIND I CAN NOT SEE THE SCREEN AT AL

SO GUYS PLEASE WISH ME LUCK OK

THANKS

I LOVE YOU NUTS VERY MUCH

• Hi again Warren, I am not sure how this thingee works, would like to post a picture but my computer crashed two weeks ago and I lost all my pictures, I'll have to get one of my kids to take another one.

I have lived in AZ since 1999 when my husband, Herb, retired.

We have 3 children, 6 grands, and 1 great grands. It's the great grand thatmakes me feel old.

Pauline

• P.S. Another problem that I have is the time difference because I am on the West coast and Brooklynis on the

east Coast

• Hello Pauline. This blog is made up of a bunch of swell people who grew up mostly between 15th St and the mid 20's. Some of them still live there. I was trying to find people from my old block (12th St) but when I could not find any from my era, the folks on this blog sort of adopted me. We have a lot in common except that most of them are younger then me and some live in Brooklyn, Staten Island and then stretch across the country. I did find a couple of people who went to our church on 12th Street. I knew their extended family.

In the West Coast of Florida we are on the same time as NY/NJ so that has not posed a problem. Being this far from the children (who of course are all adults now) and our grandchildren causes some loneliness. No Great Grands yet but we do have two Grandchildren in college. In the last year I lost one brother and my sister. My other Brother died a few years ago so I am the last of my generation. The only old DeMolay brother I hear from is Al Breitenbach and that is just a Christmas card. Most of the others that I was close with have passed away.

If you wanted to communicate directly my e-mail address is wcarson@tampabay.rr.com but I have no problem with talking through this blog. The only warning I have is that they talk a lot about food. I gain weight just reading some of the messages.

To the rest of our blog members Pauline is a voice from my past when we were all growing up in Brooklyn. Yes she is from good old Brooklyn also. 8)

• Anthony, I wish you the best on your Doctors visits. You will handle the cataract surgery just fine and will love the increased vision you get. I also had to get permission from my Cardiologist to go off the Coumadin for 5 days and to have the surgery. He okay'ed and that was that. Just be prepared to see things you have not seen in years. I drive Carol crazy when I find marks on the wall and dust that I never noticed before the surgery! =DB

• Good Night Sweet Dreams

• Hi pauline,hi UmbriaAngels all round you and your surgery We all love you so much..

Attached files image
  • Where is suzie Umbria is ready for you with his gloves...

Attached files image
  • love ya Umbria

Attached files image
  • GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

CUZ..GREAT PHOTOS!!!! LOVE TO MY SHERMAN CUZZIES..I WILL CALL YOU & SEND YOU THE MONEY & I WANT TO COME TOVISIT ARIA & MIA, SOON..XX

HI PAULINE..WELCOME TO OUR 'FAMILY'..NICE TO HAVE NEWPEOPLE POST, WITH NEW STORIERS, ETC.. I HAVE FAMILY IN AZ.THEY LOVE IT THERE!!! HAVE A NICE DAY.

HELLO TO MARYANN, ANNA, WARREN, JUDY (LOVE THE INSERT) YOUPOSTED..HOW TRUE..LOL

UMBRIA..GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY..YOU'RE A TROUPER..YOU'LL DO GREAT!! PRAYER FOR YOU [-oB

JOEBROXXOO, CALLED ME LAST NIGHT.. HE SAID TO TELLEVERYONE HE SENDS HIS LOVE..HE I TRYING TO GET SOME GIGSWITH HIS BAND IN BROOKLYN &IN S.I...HOPEFULLY, IF HE DOES WE CAN GET TOGETHER &GO SEE & SUPPORT 'THE P.S.B.' :)

OK..EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER.. :flower:CAN GET TOGETHER & SUPPORT PBS..

• GOOD MORNING ALLHave a great day

• GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.....ITS BEEN A LONG TIME. I NEEDED SOME TIME TO GET MY ACT TOGETHER, AND I AM HAPPY TO SAY, I FEEL LIKE THE OLD JOE PINTO THAT EVERYBODY ( WELL, THAT SOME OF YOU)....KNOW AND LOVEHOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU ALL.

• The Peter Stevens BandJoin the Mailing List http://www.reverbnation.com/c/fr5/artist_1519251?eid=A1519251_8426626_Facebook Player for THE PETER STEVENS BAND | Rockwww.reverbnation.comTHE PETER STEVENS BAND from BROOKLYN, NY..

• Good Morning,

Welcome Pauline...nice to have someone on that Warren knows from his past......

ANTHONY - GOOD LUCK WITH THE SURGERY....NOW WE HAVE TO WATCH WHAY WE WRITE!!!!! lol lol

Joe - Good to see you back and hope you are feeling much better.

Hi everyone else..

Another rainy day.... :cry:

Watched AI last night.....well I never did like Haley, but the last couple of weeks she has been really good...Although I still think Lauren is better and like I said from the beginning James is VERY good...I think he and Lauren will be the top two.

Have a good day..peek back later

• Judy (Giordano) Banjany said:Good Morning,

Welcome Pauline...nice to have someone on that Warren knows from his past......

ANTHONY - GOOD LUCK WITH THE SURGERY....NOW WE HAVE TO WATCH WHAY WE WRITE!!!!! lol lol

Joe - Good to see you back and hope you are feeling much better.

Hi everyone else..

Another rainy day.... :cry:

Watched AI last night.....well I never did like Haley, but the last couple of weeks she has been really good...Although I still think Lauren is better and like I said from the beginning James is VERY good...I think he and Lauren will be the top two.

Have a good day..peek back later

I AGREE AND I THINK JAMES SHOULD REALLY WIN BUT THE ONE WHO DOES NOT WIN MAKES MORE MONEY...I GOTTA GET A LIFE. LOL

• ABOUT TIME YOU CAME HOME JOE PINTO...WE MISSED YOU AND YOUR PHOTOS LOVE TO THE FAMILY. AMERICAN IDOL IS NOT THE SAME SINCE WE DON'T HAVE YOUR MICHAEL GIVING HIS OPINIONS. TELL HIM WE MISS HIM..

• hi-quick typeby-welcome Pauline-Anthony-good luck with your surgery...Judy & Terry-never thought I'd say this but James (the rocker) was great last night on A.I..He was terrific...wonder who will go home tonite...anyway, have to get back to work..talk to u soon....bye

• Hi All - been missing in action for a bit.

Welcome Pauline to our happy, if a bit nutty, family (I have family in the Scottsdale area)!!

Anthony - good luck!! Wow when both eyes are done you'll be like the big, bad wolf - "the better to see you with my dear!!!"

Judy, Debbie, Terry - how's that beautiful Aria doing (and Mia too), Suzie, Joe - welcome back - glad you're better, Warren and Carol, MaryAnn, Anna and anyone I missed hello and have a good (rest of the) day.

Be careful out - SI has flood warnings till tonight - and there are tornado watches in parts of NJ. Crazy weather.

WATCHING PARTS OF THE 'ROYAL WEDDING'..THE BRIDE IS BEAUTIFUL, BUT ..HER GOWN FOR ME WAS A LET DOWN..PRINCESSDIANA'S WAS MUCH MORE EXCITING!!! ANYWAY, THEY MAKE ABEAUTIFUL COUPLE & I WISH THEM THE BEST.

EVERYONE..HAVE A GREAT DAY & T.G..I..F. :D-Y

C U ALL, LATER.. :flower:

• GOOD MORNING ALLI AM REALLY TRYING HARD TO PROMOTE MY BAND (P S B)AND ITS NEW CD.PLEASE, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, SIGN-UP AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST AT....http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.reverbnation.com/thepeterstevensband&h=a7839...

OR.....AT THE VERY LEAST, LISTEN TO SOME OF OUR MUSIC.....

......AND IT'S ALL FREE.......

• Good MorningWhat a Great Day for a beautiful wedding.The PRINCE AND PRINCESS HOW BEAUTIFUL

• JOE PINTO said:GOOD MORNING ALLI AM REALLY TRYING HARD TO PROMOTE MY BAND (P S B)AND ITS NEW CD.PLEASE, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, SIGN-UP AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST AT....http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.reverbnation.com/thepeterstevensband&h=a7839...

OR.....AT THE VERY LEAST, LISTEN TO SOME OF OUR MUSIC.....

......AND IT'S ALL FREE.......

Joe got a scam email with your name about drugs last night i deleted. Also it says your site on facebook was going out to everyone so I deleted. Don't want the kids photos on everyones pages not safe. Check into it..

• Morning - Happy Friday!

Watched the wedding - she was stunning - her dress was pretty, the top especially, the bottom well not quite me. Here's to many years of happiness for them!

They had jumbotrons set up in Times Square and the crowds of people were amazing - they were partying hardy at 7:30AM!

Beautiful day - go out and enjoy. Later...

• Karen,She looked beautiful. Not what I expected. So different than his Mom. Less is more is what I say....Nice to watch something happy on tv and beautiful.

• T-Bone51 said:Joe got a scam email with your name about drugs last night i deleted. Also it says your site on facebook was going out to everyone so I deleted. Don't want the kids photos on everyones pages not safe. Check into it..

THANKS TERRY.....I FIXED IT

BUT THE BAND LINK IS SAFE......CHECK IT OUT

• Hi Everyone,

What a beautiful bride.....dress was not what I expected, but they look so beautiful and happy..Diana is watching over them, so sad she can't be there with them.

Well Casey got sent home....he was good, but not for this show.

Have a great day, nice out....

• Okay, I watched a good part of the wedding procession but missed the vows. Carol had an early appointment with the Gastroenterologist today. She has really been having serious problems lately. I am still insulted that I was not invited to the wedding. I think I am a 54th Cousin twice removed. I guess my name was removed from the invite list because of my Scottish/Northern Irish Heritage. Maybe it was the Brooklyn heritage???! I do have the formal attire as shown in my picture to the left but, oh well maybe the next wedding. :-00

Sorry Joe, I do not go on Facebook for anything. Too many stories about problems. Got enough problems in life without looking for more. Also, everytime I go into a new web site my junk mail intake increases 50 fold. ](*,)

• HI ALL.....I WANT TO SHARE A NOTE SOMEONE WROTE ABOUT ME AND MY BAND

"" Hello fellow musicians,school chums, and cronies,I am writing this message to hip you folks to one of the best kept secrets in N Y C......"The Peter Stevens Band". These fellows, for the last 15+ years, have been composing, creating and totally rocking out with original songs, down in the privacy of Mr. Peter Giordano's (Peter Stev...ens) studio in Brooklyn,N.Y.......WHERE THEY HAVE BEEN HIDING........WHY?......ARE THEY SHY?I first heard them on the internet, and although my old friend Joe Pinto is their drummer, I had very little motivation to check them out, being jaded as I am from my years of professional playing........UNTIL I HEARD THE FIRST CUT....I IMMEDIATELY BECAME A FAN!Their lastest CD is the apidemy of alternative rock, combining elements of heavy metal,blues,classical and a certain"energy" all their own. The band also features Christian selections such as "Crucifix', and"Star So Bright"(Christmas Song) - a touching account of the 3 wise men journey. My favorite cut on the CD is a song called "Change My World". You can hear it on their website...www.reverbnation.com/thepeterstevensband... Also on the site, you can sign up to be a fan and kept up to date on the band's progress and gig datesIt's not often that I recommemd a band(especially if it's not my own)....but no fooling...you all shouldcheck out this innovative group of talented musicians....YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!ENJOY, FRANK VENTO(FORMER GUITARIST WITH BETTE MIDLER, BARRY MANILOW,BILLY JOEL AND MANY OTHERS.

• ....[b]YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!!!!!

• good night sweet dreams

As the english say Tarah or Cheerio

YES, I MUST SAY THE PSB BAND IS AWESOME!! I SIGNED UP &I HAVE THEIR CD'S & I LOVE THEIR MUSIC.JOEBROOXX, MY LOVE TO ALL AT HOME..XX00

I AM DOING LAUNDRY & DID NOT EVEN HAVE A CUP OF COFFEYET..LOL I WILL HANG THE CLOTHES OUT TODAY ON THE LINEB/C THE WEATHER IS SUPPOSED TO BE NICE..

MY PRAYERS OUT TO THE VICTIMS FROM THE RECENT TORNANDOES..I AM WATCHING THE 'TODAY SHOW' ON TV RIGHT NOW, & I DID NOTREALIZE HOW HORRIFIC IT GOT DOWN IN THE STATES WHERE THETORNADOES HIT..APPROX. 340 PEOPLE DIED..MAY THEY R.I.P [-oB [-oB

EVERYONE, ENJOY YOUR DAY & C U ALL, LATER.. :)

• GOOD MORNING ALL....THANKS PATSY FOR THE KIND WORDS

IN A WORLD WHERE THERE IS TOO MUCH BAD NEWS,FROM WARS TO BAD WEATHER, CRIME AND SENSELESS SHOOTINGS,HIGH PRICES ON EVERYTHING AND KAYOS IN THE MIDDLE EAST....IT WAS A REFRESHING AND VERY BEAUTIFUL SIGHT, YESTERDAY,WATCHING THOSE TWO BEAUTIFUL KIDS, CELEBRATE THEIR LOVEAND WEDDING IN SUCH A WONDERFULLY GRAND WAY.....MAY THEY ALWAYS BE AS HAPPY IN THEIR LIFE TOGETHER ASTHEY WERE YESTERDAY.....GOD BLESS YOU BOTH.

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN HEAVEN I MISS YOU MY MARIE

Photobucket

• Hi Everyone,

Beautiful Saturday afternoon....

Anthony - Hope everything is going ok with the surgery.

Happy Birthday in Heaven Marie.....Terry how are her kids doing?

Well going for dinner tonight with Vicki and Jim Uccio and Tim and Laura Fox....can't wait......

Have a great day....

• Holy Bannana Peels! Sometimes lately the Blog goes many hours without an entry. Guess people are very busy.

I want to call your attention to a comic strip that you may get in your paper. It is called PICKLES. It is about two older people who try to cope with aging. They have a daughter & a grandson that live nearby and they do a lot of sitting for the grandson. I will tell you, this is very much what you have to look forward to. The strip is funny but it is very true to life. Another one is ZITS. My daughter in-lw swears the creator of ZITS has been spying on her teen age son. She says his actions fit my grandson to a tee.

Anthony, you are in our prayers and I amsure that everything will go just fine!!! :salut:

• JUST A QUICK HELI DID NOT GET MY EYE DONE YET MY HEART DOC DID NOT GET THE ORE OP IN ON TIME SO I GOT TO WAIT I HOPE I GET AN OPENING SOON I AM GOING NUTS AS OF RIGHT NOW IT MAY BE JUNE 6 TH I REALLY CANT WAIT THAT LONG SO KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSEDTHANKS

• Good Morning All,Bike race today so stay away from the bridges and highways....Mike is never going to get home from the battery tunnel this morning...Patsy and Pinto sent u an email about Joe's emails. Be careful...

• Judy (Giordano) Banjany said:Hi Everyone,

Beautiful Saturday afternoon....

Anthony - Hope everything is going ok with the surgery.

Happy Birthday in Heaven Marie.....Terry how are her kids doing?

Well going for dinner tonight with Vicki and Jim Uccio and Tim and Laura Fox....can't wait......

Have a great day....

The kids are doing fine. Ask me How I am doing? lol Mia is still coming to me everyday so I guess Mommy can rest????Don't mind, she brightens up my days but I am exhausted...Te baby is sleeping 4 to 6 hours now that she is giving her bottle and not breast feeding. I am blessed with all the blessing in my life. I am a Blessed, tired and happy lady. lol

• OK Patsy where are you???? You are always first on here. Don't leave me alone...lol

• BEWARE OF SPAM MAIL WITH STICKS53.....I AM WORKING ON THE PROBLEM AS WE SPEAK....IF IT LOOKS SUSPICIOUS...DELETE ITONLY E-MAIL FROM REVERBNATION/THEPETERSTEVENSBAND ARE GENUINE

HI CUZ...SO HAPPY ARIA & MIA ARE DOING WELL..AS FORYOU, I KNOW YOU'RE TIRED, BUT IT'S A NICE TIRED..THANX FOR THE HEADS UP ON JOE'S E-MAILS..I WILL CALL YOU SOON..REALLY WANT TO SEE YOU GUYS,ESPECIALLY THE GIRLS & I WANT TO GIVE YOU THE REUNION$$$$.. LOVE YA, :love:MORNING, JOEBROOXX...HOPE ALL WORKS OUT WITH YOURCOMPUTER STUFF...TALK TO YOU, SOON..

HI WARREN..YES, I HAVE READ THAT COMIC STRIP. & IDO LOVE ZITS..IT'S GREAT!!! MY LOVE TO CAROL..XX

UMBRIA..PRAYERS [-oB THAT YOUR EYE SURGERY WILLBE DONE & OVER SOON...XX

JUDY..HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME WITH THE UCCIO'S & THEFOX'S..TELL THEM ALL I SAID HELLO..

HAPPY ANNIVERSAY TO MARIE IN HEAVEN.. [-oB [-oB

HAVE A GREAT DAY, GET OUT & ENJOY THIS WEATHER..I AM PLANTING SOME BEUATIFUL DAISES, & PANSIES, ETCIN POTS FOR MY FRONT GATE..IT CHEERS THE HOUSE UP.. :)

• Lots of prayers need for a friend. PleaseShe is my age and has dementia and not doing good. Please pray for her and her family. Thanks

• Terry - Prayers for your friend...what a shame.

So nice out today...I guess everyone is out enjoying the weather.

Staying home today, cooking and cleaning up.

• Went out last night with the Uccio's and Fox's...had a great time!!!

Attached files image image
  • It's Sunday Evening and all is pretty well. Carol feeling a little better but not right yet. Hope she feels much better when we fly to NY. We will be in our old neighborhood for just a few hours. We will be staying at my Sister in Laws house in Long Island and she has a arranged for a Limo to take us into Brooklyn for the Memorial Service for Carol's Mother. There will be 8 of us in the Limo so it better be a big one. It will be very nostalgic because the service will be in the 12th Street Church we grew up in. Many, Many fond memories stored in that Church. We still have friends we grew up with in the Church both in NY and in Florida. It is a different denomination now but it will still be the same building.

I have noticed that when pictures appear on the blog, I seldom see gray hair on the women!!! Either the Hair dressers are doing very well or everyone is staying very young!!! :bounce:

• Warren - Good old Clariol.....LOL LOL LOL

Hope Carol feels better soon.

Wow quite on here today......

• Judy....thank God for hair dye!!!! lol

Warren.....I hope Carol feels better before you come to NY

Patsy....i went and got some flowers on friday and planted them too.

Terry....praying for your friend.

Karen....my brother Nick works in times square and he worked the 12-8 that night and said it was insane. But I think she made a beautiful bride. Her dress was soft and simple....not flashy.

Hope everyone has a good night.

• I feel like I just said this but my tenants moved out friday.....the next one's move in on the 15th. Let's hope they stay longer...lol

ANTHONY I HOPE YOU CAN HAVE YOUR SURGERY SOONER....IT'S THE WAITING THAT MAKES YOU CRAZY.

• The Peter Stevens BandOUR FAN LIST IS GROWING MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY. IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, JOIN UP NOW, AND ADD YOURSELF TO OUR MAILING LIST.Facebook Player for THE PETER STEVENS BAND | Alternativewww.reverbnation.comTHE PETER STEVENS BAND from BROOKLYN, NY...

• Good Night Sweet Dreams

• Great photos Judy...When is the memorial Warren??

• T-Bone51 said:Great photos Judy...When is the memorial Warren??

Hi Terry,It is this coming Saturday at 10:30am. We have our plane & Limo reservations but Carol is not doing too well. It will break her heart if she can not make her Mothers memorial service but we have to hope she improves a lot the next couple of days.

• I will pray she is well and can make it...Hey what the hell. Bin Laden is dead??? They just cut into my show...lol

• DING DONG BIN LADENS GONEYES HE GONEDEAD DEAD DEA

• OM G UMBRIA WE THINK ALIKE I WAS THINKING THE SAME SONG...LOL

• THE FACE OF EVIL..OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD''MUSIC TO MY EARS..WHAT COMES TO MIND FOR ME IS THE SONG'DANCING IN THE STREETS..B/C THAT IS WHAT THOSE MOTHERF---ERS DID, WHEN THE TOWERS WENT DOWN. NOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED..THE U.S. HAS HIS BODY IN CUSTODY.. I WISH ICOULD BE IN THE ROOM WITH HIS BODY..I HAVE SOME IDEAS ON WHAT I THINK THEY SHOULD DO WITH IT..GOD BLESS OUT TROOPS & MOST OF ALL,'GOD BLESS AMERICA'....

GOOD NIGHT, FRIENDS :)THIS DAY HAS TURNED OUT BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD..

• BEFORE I FORGET..WARREN I DO HOPE CAROL GETS BETTERSOON & I DO PRAY [-oB THAT SHE MAKES HER MOMSMEMORIAL SERVICE.. MY PRYARERS ARE WITH YOUR FAMILY..

CUZ. I AM PRAYING, TOO, FOR YOUR FRIEND WITH DEMENTIA.WHAT A SHAME!!! [-oB

JUDY..LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A GOOD TIME..WOW, VICKY & JIMMY LOOK GREAT.. HAVE NOT SEEN THEM IN YEARS..MAYBE, THEY WILL MAKE THE REUNION??

GOOD NIGHT, AGAIN...XX :)

• FINALLY, MY DAD AND 2974 OTHER SOUL'S CAN REST IN PEACE....AMEN

HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER.. :)

YES, JOE..MAY THEY NOW ALL R.I.P. [-oB

• Good Morning Everyone,

Warrent; - Prayers for Carol that she feels better this week and can attend her mom's memorial service.

Well I guess this is good news..."OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD" Finally.

I want to wish my husband, Bobby a Happy 30th Anniversary!!!!!

• Thank you all for your get well wishes for Carol. This AM there is some improvement. Last night we got a cover Doctor for her Gastro Man and she prescribed something to help her Nausea. I ran down to Walgreen's 9:30 last night to pick it up. Thank goodness for 24 hour pharmacies. This AM she called her regular Gastro Doc and his nurse will talk to the Doctor when he comes in. Carol just saw him last Friday and he changed some of her Meds. maybe that is what brought on this attack but ??????

This is not a very Christian attitude but I wish they could have made that SOB Bin Laden suffer a little, no a lot, before they bumped him off. The old pulling off the finger nails one by one would have been a good start. Or how about filling a building with all his friends that supported him and then have Bin Laden strapped to the seat in a bomb laden drone and fly it into that building. Of course we are too civilized to do these things and that is what sets us aside from these murdering terrorists. :twisted:

• HI EVERYONE HOPE ALL IS WELL

JUDY AND BOBBY HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY I REMEMBER YOUR WEDDING LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY.

TERRY, AS WE ALL KNOW (BIN LADEN) IS DEAD SO EVERYONE IS ON ALERT. I AM GOING INTO THE BB TUNNEL WITH A CITY BUS, AND THREE PBA COPS COME RUNNING OVER TO MY BUS TO LET ME KNOW THAT MY BUMPER WAS COMMING OFF. AND WHO DO I SEE, TERRY'S MIKE. SMALL WORLD. ANTHONY

• Hi Guys, Well, big news last night, we didn't hear about that SOB until this morning, so glad they got him.

Welcome Pauline, are you also from 12th street?

Warren, hope Carol feels better before your trip.

Judy, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!

Joe, I'll check out your music soon, thanks for posting.

Anthony, take care, hope everything goes well.

Anna, they do keep you busy at that age!!

My granddaughter likes to jump on the trampoline and I told her I was afraid of jumping on it when I was a little girl and she said, Grandma, you got to be BRAVE!!!!

Recently, my mom mentioned a wedding hall that was on 23rd Street and 5th ave, does anyone recall the name of it??? She still has a pretty good memory but can't remember the name, this would have been around 1951.

Have a great day!!!

• Hi All

Yes, bin Laden is dead and hell is too good for him.

Warren hope Carol is feeling better and will be up for the trip.

MaryAnn 1951 was a little bit before my time but there was (and I think still is) a bar on the corner of 23rd and 5th - Smolens?? maybe that's what she's referring to?

Happy Anniversary Judy and Bobby! Here's to 30 more!

Very sleepy today - wish I was home in bed already. Soon. Think it's time for some more caffeine.

Everyone - have a good rest of Monday. It's almost over.

Later

• Thanks for the Anniversary wishes.

Anthony Morro - You were so young when you were in my bridal party...... Thanks for remembering....I have to post a picture. I know I have a 5 x 7, don't know if it will come out...I will try and post tonight.

• MaryAnnL said:

Hi Guys, Well, big news last night, we didn't hear about that SOB until this morning, so glad they got him.

Welcome Pauline, are you also from 12th street?

Have a great day!!!

Hi Maryann. No, Pauline lived in Flatbush. We met through fraternal organizations and saw quite a bit of each other at installations, dances etc:.

• My Wedding Day - 5-2-81

Attached files image
  • Top Row: Ronnie Giacomiazzio, Mike DiPrima, Anthony Morro, Anthony Banjany, Laura Giordano Klammer, Judy Giordano Banjany, Bobby Banjany, Brandon Sirota, Joey Drezek

Bottom Row: Loretta Banjany Giacomiazzio, Diane Perrotta Bomba, Jolene Giordano Conoscenti, Elaine Scura Royce, Donna Grande Valore

• OK I GOT A DATE WENSDAY YES BUT NOW I AM SCARED SHITLESS LOL

I AM TRYING TO REASON MY THEY GOT RID OF BIN LADENS BODY

NOW I THINK THAT GIVES THE TALABAN (SP) A WAY OUT TO SAY WE DID NOT KILL HIM

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

DID WE

• Hi all....

Judy Happy Anniversary....love the picture.

Warren....I hope Carol is up to the trip and I agree with you....I don't think he suffered enough!!!

ANTHONY....EVERYONE IS ASKING THAT QUESTION BUT THEY ARE SAYING THEY DIDN'T WANT ANYONE MAKING A SHRINE TO HIM WHERE HE WOULD BE BURIED...OR EXHUMING HIS BODY.....WHO KNOW'S I JUST HOPE HE'S GONE FOR GOOD!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE SURGERY.

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JUDY AND BOBBY

JUDY & BOBBY..'HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY'..

BEAUTIFUL PICTURE!!! HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY!!!

BUSY AT WORK, ALREADY, SO I WILL C U ALL, LATER.

ENJOY THE WEATHER!!! :)

• GOOD MORNING ALL

UMBRIA GOOD LUCK ON THE SURGERY IF YOU NEED ANYTHING SHOUT OUT TO US..

Judy and Bobby Happy 30th Anniversary

Warren

Hope Carol is doing a lot better and a safe trip to Brooklyn

Beautiful day out Enjoy It!!!!

Jimbo I think today is your name day Saint James and Saint Philip. Enjoy it where ever you are... We Miss Ya..

• anthony morro said:

HI EVERYONE HOPE ALL IS WELL

JUDY AND BOBBY HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY I REMEMBER YOUR WEDDING LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY.

TERRY, AS WE ALL KNOW (BIN LADEN) IS DEAD SO EVERYONE IS ON ALERT. I AM GOING INTO THE BB TUNNEL WITH A CITY BUS, AND THREE PBA COPS COME RUNNING OVER TO MY BUS TO LET ME KNOW THAT MY BUMPER WAS COMMING OFF. AND WHO DO I SEE, TERRY'S MIKE. SMALL WORLD. ANTHONY

So funny..He told me when he came home but he could not remember your name. He said he told you get the reunion money in cause if I don't get 200 people I am responsible. He is very nervous, very nervous...lol I told him if we don't get the 200 people we have get married cause I have a hall now that I have to pay for. So we will have to get married..lol Have the wedding at the Rex...lol

• Good Morning,

Thanks for all the good wishes...

ANTHONY - GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY..YOU WILL DO FINE...

ENJOY YOUR DAY.

• Happy 30th to Judy & Bobbie. Just want you to know that the next 20 years are going to go like a bat out of hell. You will be celebrating your 50th before you know it. Carol & I will be celebrating our 51st in June. Time flies when you are having fun. :king: :queen:

Anthony-Relax. You will go through this like a Duke Snider Home run going over the wall in Ebbets Field...Smooth & productive. :bounce:

• hello-quick typeby..Judy & Bobby belated Anniversary wishes..Anthony-angels all around u on your surgery!!!..Terry-wish I could go to the reunion (work schedule won't permit it)..glad OBL is GONE!!! Taking a few days off (watching Justin Thurs.,Friday & Monday) his babysitter is going on vacation (which I could)..so I'll try to come on & see what's knew...hi to everyone else I may have missed.......bye

• hello everyone.

Anthony good luck on your surgery....speedy recovery.

Judy and Bobby Happy 30th Anniversary...your wedding picture is beautiful !!

Hope everyone enjoying this great spring weather, before we start getting the heat waves....lol

take care everyone....talk to you soon !!

• Judy, that was great posting your wedding picture. I called all three of my daughter's to view the picture, that said you maid a beautiful bride. and of course, they made fun of their father by saying why i did not cut my eyebrowes. great kids. Anthony

• This blog can drive me crazy. WHAT THE HELL...????

Had to log in again and get a new password. Such bull s--t....

GOOD NIGHT SWEET DREAMS

RAINY & WINDY OUT..

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A NICE DAY, IN SPITE OF THE WEATHER!!!

CUZ, IF YOU USE THE HALL FOR YOUR WEDDING, I WANT TO BE A

MAID OF HONOR..!! LOL XX

• HELLO BLOGGIN BUDDIES

JUST WANT TO GIVE EVERYBODY A HEADS UP.

I HAVE CHANGED MY E-MAIL ADDRESS....IT SEEMS sticks53 WAS GENERATING ALOT OF SPAM.

[b[/b]]DON'T OPEN ANYTHING FROM sticks53 ANY LONGER.[b]

YOU WILL KNOW THE NEW NAME WHEN YOU SEE IT...TRUST ME

THANKS YOU ALL ....JOE P (THE PETER STEVENS BAND)

• PATSY MIELE KIRK said:

GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

MAID OF HONOR..!! LOL XX

And I want to be a flower Girl. :flower:

• WELL I AM HOME

THEY WOULD NOT DO THE OPR. DUE TO MY LOW BP AND MY BLOOD OXYGEN COUNT. SO I GUESS I STAY LIKE THIS TILL SOMETHING GIVES. THIS MEANS THEY CANT GIVE ME ANESTHESIA.

LISTEN ALL I CAN TELL YOU GUYS IS STAY HEALTHY OR GET HEALTHY YOU DONT WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE

THANKS FOR YOUR PARYERS

BUT I GUESS HE WAS BUSY

LOVE YOU GUYS

BYE FOR NOW

• Hi Guys!!! A damp, rainy day here, the sun might come out later!

Anthony U, Hope you get well soon!

Terry, That is really funny about the Hall and wedding, you are good!!

Karen, thanks for the name of the place on 23rd, I'll check on that!

Judy, I love looking at wedding pic, you look beautiful and beautiful wedding party! Anthony M. the kids always have something funny to say about our generation!!! LOL

Anna, I might be babysitting too this wk. end, the kids are so cute at this age! If I could find a nice girl for my son, I might get more grandkids!!!!! He thinks I'm nuts. LOL

Have a great day!!!

• PATSY MIELE KIRK said:

GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

RAINY & WINDY OUT..

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A NICE DAY, IN SPITE OF THE WEATHER!!!

MAID OF HONOR..!! LOL XX

Everyone wants to be in the bridal party. lol

• Old Goat in FL said:

And I want to be a flower Girl. :flower:

You can be in the bridal party...lol Are you gong o wear a dress Warren...?????

• CHECK MY WEBSITE OUT AND GIVE ME SOME BUSINESS. MOTHERS DAY AND FATHERS DAY COMING UP.. Free gift with every order.

Help me pay for law school. lol

My BeautiPage Web Address:

http://www.beautipage.com/spawith-terry/

• T-Bone51 said:

You can be in the bridal party...lol Are you gong o wear a dress Warren...?????

Actually I did wear a dress about 1950 when I played one of the Andrew sisters in a show we did with the DeMolay Chapter I belonged to. We pantomimed "Rum & Cocoa Cola" I still remember some of the words. One other time I wore a Scottish kilt but that does not count as a dress. :-({|=

• GOOD NIGHT SWEET DREAMS

• Old Goat in FL said:

Actually I did wear a dress about 1950 when I played one of the Andrew sisters in a show we did with the DeMolay Chapter I belonged to. We pantomimed "Rum & Cocoa Cola" I still remember some of the words. One other time I wore a Scottish kilt but that does not count as a dress. :-({|=

OK U CAN BE IN THE BRIDAL PARTY..

WEATHER IS NICE OUT TODAY!!

MARYANN. I'M HOPING THE SAME THING FOR MY SON.. HE NEEDS A

STEADY GIRLFRIEND TOO.. . IF YOU FIND ONE FOR YOUR SON, ASK IF SHE HAS A SISTER...LOL..HAVE A NICE DAY.

WARREN.. I BET YOU HAVE NICE LEGS... :-00

HI CUZ...I WILL CALL YOU TODAY OR TOMORROW..XX

UMBRIA...HANG IN THERE..SOMETHING POSITIVE WILL HAPPEN.

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR YOU.. XX

EVERYONE..ENJOY YOUR DAY.. :sunny:

• Good Morning Cuz and all,

This discussion has been closed.