Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

Comments

• Looking ahead to tonight's show......

Very excited.....

I Love my Band.....Hope you do too!!!!

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

HEY JOEBROOXX..C U TONITE... GOOD LUCK & ENJOY!! =DB

BTW, KISSES TO STACY FOR HER BIRTHDAY..XX

EVERYONE.. HAVE A GOOD DAY & C U ALL, LATER.

:flower:

• Hello All,

Hey Joe, good luck tonight. You know the old saying "Talent will out". I am sure that your talent will become very obvious to your audience. I have always been a fan of live music. I must admit that some of what I hear today I do not even consider being music but to each his own. I guess most of the young people today would say "YUCK" to Guy Lombardo, Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw,Glenn Miller, Stan Kenton, Paul Whiteman etc:. I forgot to mention Gene Krupa and I am sure you know of his talent.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating July Birthday's. My youngest son will be 45 on Monday the 18th. Seems impossible. My oldest was 50 in May and my Daughter was 49 in June. Before anyone starts counting on their fingers Carol and I were married 51 years in June!!! :roll:

• Good Morning Everyone......

I am Tired , but very HAPPY

HI JOEBROOXX..I REALLY ENJOYED MYSELF LAST NIGHT!!

MUST SAY..'PETER STEVENS BAND' WAS THE BEST BAND ON.

THEY DID AVE THE BEST FOR LAST..LOVED 'CRUCIFIX'.

THANK PETER AGAIN FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN. JUST LOVE,

LOVE,

LOVE THAT SONG.

TALK TO YOU, SOON..XX

CUZ..HOW DID YOU RICE PUDDING COME OUT???

HOPE YOU GOT SOME SLEEP LAST NIGHT..(OR SHOULD I SAY

THIS MORNING)..LOL LOVE YA, XX

EVERYONE..STAY COOL & ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND.. :)

• HI GUYS, WAS HOME SICK WITH SINUS PROBLEMS, WAS OUT OF WORK FOR TWO DAYS, IT'S AWFUL TO BE SICK IN THE SUMMERTIME!!!!

DEBBIE, HOW ARE YOU DOING, ARE YOU UP AND AROUND?

DONNA, CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW GRANDSON!!

TERRY, LOVED THE PIC OF MIA, SHE'S PRECIOUS. YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE ALL YOUR COUSINS TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE!!!!

JOE, HOPE THE GIG TURNED OUT GREAT!!

ANNA,YOU WILL BE VERY BUSY UNTIL THE BIG DAY BUT IT WILL BE FUN!

WARREN, DID THE DR. EVER GIVE CAROL A "WHAT NOT TO EAT FOOD LIST" ??? YOU CAN FIND IT ONLINE I'M SURE!!!

WELL, I GOTTA GO, THE GRANDKIDS ARE COMING OVER FOR DINNER AND TO PLAY WITH GRANDMA AND GRANDPA!!! HAVE A NICE WK. END!!!

• Hi-what a busy weekend! Took Justin to the pool yesterday..than to McDonald's..Jessica & I went to my pool today, then lunch then got a call her wedding dress came in already..we ran over to the shop, she tried it on-there's no alternations needed..will be in my closet for the next 14 months!!! Tomorrow going to the pool again (with Tina & Justin)..where did the weekend go? Heatwave here the next 10 days-95 to 100 every day..everyone enjoy the rest of the weekend...hello to everyone............bye

• oh, forgot to mention, Jessica signed a lease today in my apt.complex-she'll be moving here Sept.21st...a lot going on...bye

• Hi guys.....getting so frustrated trying to get on here!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. We've been pretty lucky so far it's been really nice at night and early morning.

MaryAnn I've been up and around since 4th of July....but someday's I think I over do it because I feel good but then at night I feel pain, so I'm trying to pace myself.

Joe glad the show was great. Maybe next time I'll be able to make it.

Terry maybe next week we can meet Patsy for lunch....

Ok see you all later.....

• HELO, FRIENDS :)

MARYANN..HOW ARE, YA?? HAVE FUN WITH THE

GRANDKIDS TODAY..HOT HERE,AGAIN TODAY..

HI ANNA. SO GLAD THE WEDDING DRESS IS READY.. HOW NICE!!

NOW SHE HAS TO WATCH WHAT SHE EATS FOR THE NEXT 14 MONTHS..LOL..

GOOD LUCK TO JESSICA ON HER NEW APT IN YOUR COMPLEX.

HOW NICE!! :)

DEB!!! HOW ARE YOU FEELING.. I TRIED CALLING YOU HOUSE

THE OTHER DAY. A/M CAME ON, BUT I DID NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE.

WAS GOING TO CALL YOUR CELL, BUT THAN I WAS IN A STORE &

GOT BUSY SHOPPING.. WILL TALK TO YOU, SOON..

YES, PIZZA NEXT WEEK SOUNDS LIKE FUN..:)

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY.. GOING TO S.I. TO MY STEPMOM'S

FOR DINNER

WITH MY SISTER DONNA...C U ALL, LATER.. :)

• Hi everyone,

Sorry have not been on...going back to work last week after being off for a week was absouletly crazy...I had no time for nothing. The only good thing is the week went by so fast, because I was so busy.

Anna - Can't believe your daughter got her dress already...how exciting!!!!! Good luck with her new place.

Debbie - Happy Birthday...have a wonderful day...

Yesterday Anthony Morro and his wife Patty (my husband Bobby's cousins) had a bbq, so many people from the old neighborhood, had such a good time. Posted a couple of pictures.

Attached files image image
  • lets try again...

Attached files image image image image
  • well I don't know why I can't post any pictures...will try again later.

• Good morning..overcast here but it was 85 when I got up at 6 AM..ugh..going to be 95 to 100 the rest of the week..stayed in all day yesterday..Cody didn't even go out for a walk.Patsy, Judy & MaryAnnL-thanks for the well wishes for Jessica...14 months seems like a long time-but u know, it will go fast...boss is on vacation this week so I'm going to take it easy...have a nice day everyone..bye

HI ANNA..YES, 14 MOS. WILL GO IN A BLINK OF AN EYE.

SOMETHING WONDERFUL TO LOOK FORWARD TOO!! IT IS HOT HERE,

TOO..HEATWAVE THIS WEEK..HIGH 90'S FOR THE NEXT COUPLE

OF DAYS OR SO. STAY COOL, & TALK TO YOU, SOON..:)

HEY JUDY..NICE PIX..LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME!!

EVERYONE, STAY COOL & ENJOY!!!! :flower:

• TERRY THANKS FOR POSTING THE PICTURE OF YOU AND CHUBBY...BEEN IN VERMONT THE PPAST WEEK VISITING MY DAUGHTER ...I READ YOUR GIGN AND I LOVE YOU BOTH ALSO..IWILL CALL CHUBBY SOON.STAY WELL STAY HAPPY

• HI GUYS.. SOME GREAT NEWS!!! MY BROTHER CHARLIE & HIS

WIFE CAROL BECAME GRANDPARENTS.

HER NAME IS 'JULIANA NICOLE',5 LBS 12 OZ, 29 " LONG.. SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL.

THEY SENT ME PIX..WHAT A DOLL!!! & I AM A GREAT AUNT.

WOW!! I REALLY AM OLD.. LOL..

WANTED TO SHARE THE NEWS!!!! :cheers:

HI JERRY..SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU ON HERE..

STAY WELL & COME BACK ON SOON..XX

EVERYONE..SLEEP TIGHT! XX :-)

HOT AGAIN, TODAY... STAY COOL & ENJOY!! :flower:

• Good Morning Everyone,

Boy is it HOT out today!!!!

Patsy...Congratulations on becoming a great aunt..Tell Charlie and his wife congrats......

Have a great day.

• Hi there, they say 97-100 degrees for the rest of the week. Congrats Great Aunt Patsy, love the baby's name!!!!

Debbie, it's good that you are moving around, they don't want you sitting for too long. Judy, thanks for posting pics, looked like a good crowd, you must have had a fun day!!! Anna, yes, 14 months will go by fast, I bet Justin is having fun in the pool with grandma!!!

Anyone watching the Bachelorette??? Such good guys this season!!!

Reading a good book, an italian family stuggling back in the 20's and what they had to endure. If you're interested the title is "The Queen of the Big Time" and the Author is Adriana Trigiani.

Everyone, enjoy your day!!!

• hi-congrats Patsy on your new family addition..what a beautiful name...Justin loves the pool..next big project-potty training..I tried to bribe him last week but it didn't work..LOL..thanks for the book title, MaryAnnL...I need a good read for the summer..waiting for Nicholas Sparks' new book coming out in September...well-have to get back to work..have a great day.....bye

• Hello all you "hot" people. It is amazing how many places are hotter then Florida right now. Yes it is around 90 here but look at Minneapolis of all places. They were -23 degrees some days last winter and now they are hitting 100. Talk about extremes.

Carol is experimenting with different foods but her system is not consistent. One time a certain food will work out just fine and the next time it tears her up. Of all things one food that does not seem to bother her very much is cold shrimp. So we have shrimp cocktail for dinner a couple of times a week. She does well with Pasta so we do not think it is a Gluten problem. Eating out is a gamble and travel is almost impossible unless we can get certain reservations. Even cruising has become a difficult challenge.

Anna, Justin could not go in the pools here. Even "swimmees" have been banned. The company that makes them could not guarantee no leakage. When my younger grandchildren came here I put up a "Kiddee Pool" for them on the lanai. They are all potty trained now but they have not been here for awhile. The yougest is 7 or 8 years old and the oldest two are 20. :D-Y

• Hi Warren-hope Carol feels better...Justin loves going in the pool at my apt.complex..when I had my house last year he would go in the kiddie pool in my backyard...Warren you don't look old enough to have grandkids that age...last night on the news they said it was hotter in Chicago than in Miami yesterday..today we had 100 and tomorrow it will be the same but the heat index will be 110...taking off on Friday for another 3 day weekend than watching Justin Friday night...well, getting late....goodnight...

• Hi All,

Been very busy.

Have to catch up.

Congratulations Patsy on being a Great Aunt.

So net reunion I am going with my instincts.

Yacht Club it is.

All the people who complained about it being outside and do it at a restaurant like the Rex are not coming.

These people drove me crazy last reunion with emails. Have the reunion inside in a restaurant...I am so pissed right now.

Anyway

Hi Warren, Anna, Judy, Mary Ann, Jerry LaGrec
    [i]a

• Hi Debbie

I just went back to read.

I will try I may be going to texas for my skincare line next week. I will let you know I I can meet you and Patsy. Hope you are feeling better....Love and miss ya

THANX ALL FOR THE CONGRATS!!! JULIANA IS SO PRETTY!!!

I WILL SEND MY BROTHER ALL YOUR GOOD WISHES.

WARREN, ANNA, MARYANN, CUZ, JUDY & EVERYONE ELSE.. STAY COOL & ENJOY.. :flower: :love:

BTW, MARYANN..I HAVE BEEN ROOTING FOR BEN FROM WEEK 3. I JUST LOVE HIM. I THINK IT WILL COME DOWN TO HIM & J.P.

EITHER ONE IS GREAT, BUT I LOVE THAT BEN..:)

• Hi Patsy:

Congrats on your new niece. Just to let you know, you are always a great aunt. Love to the family.

As for us, we are OK. The baby is doing well and Jenna is adjusting to him. She is a great big sister. We'll talk soon. Love..............

• Cuz I like the guy with no hair (jewish guy) I felt bad for Ames when she dumped him. I think he was in shock. I have been watching on and off..

• Please anyone not paid for the reunion send your money in. the people who wanted it so badly never sent the money...I am getting very nervous...I have 70 need 200 or else it comes out of my pocket... If that happens I will be really pissed...NEVER AGAIN AM I LISTENING TO ANYONE..

• Happy Birthday in heaven David

Photobucket

• Happy Birthday in Heaven David....RIP

• Good Morning All,

Have a great day,

• Thank you for all your prayers. Debbie's Mom is doing much better and guess what they missed diagnosed her or maybe just God's work again. She does not have cancer anywhere like they said. They had her dead and buried and now she is on her way to Rehab to build her strength up. So Prayer works...Thanks

• Hi everyone....

Wow it's hot out!!! Made me feel sick just going out to water my plants 8O

Terry...whenever you're able to we'll meet...love and miss ya too :-)

Judy...thanks for the birthday wishes...there was someone in one of your pictures I know from bay ridge...I remembered now that she asked me about Anthony Morro because she's friends with him...her name is Angela Stingo...Kati went to school with her nephew. Small world

• Patsy....congratulations!!! I can't wait for my sister in law to have her baby, I'm so excited.

Warren....my mother in law suffers like that also from IBS...she's unable to eat out anymore because like you said it's all a gamble, she's never sure what will set her off. Hope Carol is feeling good.

Hi to everyone and stay cool :bigsmurf:

• Pretty dam hot out but better than snow. lol

good night sweet dreams

• Staying indoors ,all day, with ac on

• Good Morning Joe and All,

Joe I had a deam of you last night with a bright blue shirt on and I said ...Joe you lost so much weight. I just remember you in a bright blue shirt and that is it. Crazy Can not remember anything else. lol

Going to Zumba and staying in the ac the rest of the day. Not healthy out there...Stay cool everyone her in nyc..

Warren

It is probably hotter here!!!

• I thin tomorrow is St. Anna's mass with the club from 21st street. Anyone going????

HOT AS HELL OUT, AGAIN :twisted:

I POSTED YESTERDAY & I DON'T SEE IT NOW..

I MAY FORGOT TO HAVE HIT THE SUBMIT

BUTTON..BUT, I DON'T THINK SO. SENIOR MOMENT...LOL

I POSTED FOR MY CUZ .. 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN HEAVEN, DAVID'

& ALSO THAT MY MOM HAS BEEN GONE 47 YRS YESTERDAY.

7/21/64..HOW QUICKLY TIME WENT BY. IT'S FUNNY HOW MY

ENTRY ON HERE DID NOT POST???

EVERYONE..STAY COOL & ENJOY..EITHER STAY IN A.C. OR

GO SWIMMING.. :flower:

• CUZ..I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW . I HAVE MY REUNION CHECK, TOO

FOR YOU..:) LOVE YA, XX

• Tomorrow is the Saint Anna's Mass I am going to try and make it. It is at 10:30 I will see...

RIP to my Cuz in heaven. May she be surrounded by the angels..

I know she is!!!!!!

• Hi Everyone,

Boy it is HOT HOT HOT out....Off today....

Happy Birthday to Anthony Morro and my sister Jolene....

Have great weekend....stay cool!!!!!

• Hello all you hot people. Yes Terry according to our papers it is hotter in many places (including NY,NJ) then it is here.)Basically in Florida in the summer you learn to live in the A.C. most of the day. A walk from the car in a parking place to a store, clubhouse, movie etc: is about all we do outdoors in the afternoon. Early A.M. and evening you can walk and enjoy a little cooler air. We do have indoor & outdoor pools here in our gated community and the beach is only 1/2 hour away.

Carol is feeling a little better. Deb, if we do go out, Carol will order simple things like a waffle or plain pasta. Occasionly she will gamble and order something she really likes but many times she pays a price for that with IBS symptoms. At home she will also get brave and allow me to cook her pancakes or Blintzes for breakfast. Dinner as I said the other day she can handle cold shrimp cocktail and Pasta with just a few additions and spices. She loves Pizza and we used to go to a place every Saturday afternoon where the owners came from Long Island and made Pizza we like very much. Now we will go maybe once a month or so when Carol is really feeling up to it. ](*,)

• Good morning....took today off and wouldn't you know it-having bad storm outside..maybe it will cool everything off..it's been 99 since Wednesday with index of 115..you can't breathe...it's been 90 degrees every night at bedtime...hi to Patsy, Debbie, Judy, Terry, Warren & anyone I've missed...have a great weekend everyone...

• Hi every one as terry mentioned tomorrow is the mass at St. Johns for St. Anna's I hope to see some of you there

• Fred, Thank you for keeping me company at the St. Anna's mass and club. It was wonderful seeing My Mom's old friends. It was wonderful seeing you. I am so happy I went. Than you again

• Fred, Thank you for keeping me company at the St. Anna's mass and club. It was wonderful seeing My Mom's old friends. It was wonderful seeing you. I am so happy I went. Than you again

• Posted this on facebook for the real park slope page...Wantd to share[b]..

Well today was bittersweet. Went to Saint John's for Saint Anna's mass. They carried the saint like the old days with the money we gave pinned on her. I had to stop myself from sobbing. Sat in that church and saw my life right in front of me. My childhood all in one hour..some of my Mom's friends and many of the old gang from years ago.So many wonderful memories in that neck of the woods. So many changes, so many different faces that I wanted to scream...THIS IS AND WAS MY NEIGHBORHOOD.. Why I left was I got married and moved. Many years later I lost my parents and my husband and my sister and I could not handle the houses. I regret selling. I should have fought.. What is meant to be is meant to be.. I did see a man with the Johnny pump on sitting with his feet getting cooled off and I stopped my car and said Boy !!!! you bring back memories of my childhood on this block. I told him that was my swimming pool as a kid and he laughed. He said the only thing missing is a can. Did we put a can over the water???I kind of remember that. We both laughed ad smiled at each other. It was a minute of being back in the slope again like it was when we lived there. Just wanted to share my thoughts. Sorry I rambled on....lol

• Posted this on facebook for the real park slope page...Wantd to share[b]..

Well today was bittersweet. Went to Saint John's for Saint Anna's mass. They carried the saint like the old days with the money we gave pinned on her. I had to stop myself from sobbing. Sat in that church and saw my life right in front of me. My childhood all in one hour..some of my Mom's friends and many of the old gang from years ago.So many wonderful memories in that neck of the woods. So many changes, so many different faces that I wanted to scream...THIS IS AND WAS MY NEIGHBORHOOD.. Why I left was I got married and moved. Many years later I lost my parents and my husband and my sister and I could not handle the houses. I regret selling. I should have fought.. What is meant to be is meant to be.. I did see a man with the Johnny pump on sitting with his feet getting cooled off and I stopped my car and said Boy !!!! you bring back memories of my childhood on this block. I told him that was my swimming pool as a kid and he laughed. He said the only thing missing is a can. Did we put a can over the water???I kind of remember that. We both laughed ad smiled at each other. It was a minute of being back in the slope again like it was when we lived there. Just wanted to share my thoughts. Sorry I rambled on....lol

• Terry,thank you for coming.It was my pleasure to see you at the St.Anna's mass it is always a great event even though through out the years I see less & less people attending the people are just getting to old and many of them have passing away & I also think not so many showed up today due to the heat, actually we are down to only 18 members now.

You are always welcome to St.Ann's club I am only there on Mondays but someone there always knows how to get in touch with me.

Yes it was something like the old days seeing St Ann being wheeled down the church isle it always brings back some fond memories of when we had the feast on 21 street.

Wow did the guy sitting by the johnny pump say a man just told me the same thing I stoped also & offered him a few bucks if he needed it. He said to me no thanks not at this time but I know where to find you Fred, I was taken back when he knew my name so quickly I said any time.

P.S. I never used a can I used a flat board to lift & make the water spray

• Terry,thank you for coming.It was my pleasure to see you at the St.Anna's mass it is always a great event even though through out the years I see less & less people attending the people are just getting to old and many of them have passing away & I also think not so many showed up today due to the heat, actually we are down to only 18 members now.

You are always welcome to St.Ann's club I am only there on Mondays but someone there always knows how to get in touch with me.

Yes it was something like the old days seeing St Ann being wheeled down the church isle it always brings back some fond memories of when we had the feast on 21 street.

Wow did the guy sitting by the johnny pump say a man just told me the same thing I stoped also & offered him a few bucks if he needed it. He said to me no thanks not at this time but I know where to find you Fred, I was taken back when he knew my name so quickly I said any time.

P.S. I never used a can I used a flat board to lift & make the water spray

• very nice memories...terry and fred 21 st street was my world tillthe age of 17 then the air force and many different places..now at age 80t still my world how fortunate we were.

• very nice memories...terry and fred 21 st street was my world tillthe age of 17 then the air force and many different places..now at age 80t still my world how fortunate we were.

• hi all sorry i have been a stranger miss u all

• hi all sorry i have been a stranger miss u all

• Hey Fred.. That is funny you also stopped to talk to him. He did say a can or a flatboard.. You are so nice to have offered him some money... I am so happy I went to the mass it filled my heart with joy to see so many people I have not seen in years... I am so happy I delivered that basket that day to you and had the privilege of meeting you. feel like I have known you all m life...

• Hey Fred.. That is funny you also stopped to talk to him. He did say a can or a flatboard.. You are so nice to have offered him some money... I am so happy I went to the mass it filled my heart with joy to see so many people I have not seen in years... I am so happy I delivered that basket that day to you and had the privilege of meeting you. feel like I have known you all m life...

CUZ & FRED..READING YOUR POSTS ABOUT THE OLD NEIGHBORHOOD

BROUGHT BACK MANY MEMORIES.. MY GRANDFATHER, FATHER &

UNCLE WERE MEMEBRS OF ST. ANNA'S WAY BACK IN THE DAY!!! SO GLAD YOU

GUYS HAD THIS SPECIAL DAY.I HAD MY SON JASON'S COMMUNION PARTY THERE BACK IN 1982. WE HAD SUCH A NICE TIME.

THANX, FOR THE MEMORIES..XX

CUZ..WE HAD ALOT OF LAUGHS AT MILDRED'S YESYERDAY. IT WAS

SO NICE TO SEE SOME OF THE OLD GANG THERE..LOVE THE PIX YOU

POSTED..& THANX FOR THE LIFT THERE. LOVE YA, & TALK TO

YOU IN A DAY OR SO.XXX

DEB,ANNA,MARYANN,JUDY, WARREN,JERRY,& ANYONE ELSE I MAY

HAVE MISSED...ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEKEND.

HELEN!! SO NICE TO SEE YOU BACK ON HERE..COME BACK SOON...

EVERYONE,,HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER..

CUZ & FRED..READING YOUR POSTS ABOUT THE OLD NEIGHBORHOOD

BROUGHT BACK MANY MEMORIES.. MY GRANDFATHER, FATHER &

UNCLE WERE MEMEBRS OF ST. ANNA'S WAY BACK IN THE DAY!!! SO GLAD YOU

GUYS HAD THIS SPECIAL DAY.I HAD MY SON JASON'S COMMUNION PARTY THERE BACK IN 1982. WE HAD SUCH A NICE TIME.

THANX, FOR THE MEMORIES..XX

CUZ..WE HAD ALOT OF LAUGHS AT MILDRED'S YESYERDAY. IT WAS

SO NICE TO SEE SOME OF THE OLD GANG THERE..LOVE THE PIX YOU

POSTED..& THANX FOR THE LIFT THERE. LOVE YA, & TALK TO

YOU IN A DAY OR SO.XXX

DEB,ANNA,MARYANN,JUDY, WARREN,JERRY,& ANYONE ELSE I MAY

HAVE MISSED...ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEKEND.

HELEN!! SO NICE TO SEE YOU BACK ON HERE..COME BACK SOON...

EVERYONE,,HAVE A GREAT DAY & C U ALL, LATER..

• Greetings to all on this beautiful Sunday morning. Fred & Terry & Jerry and all others on here. Keep sharing those memories. It is the most precious thing you own. The pictures, old & new help jog those memories. I sit sometimes and try to remember names & places from my growing up years on 12th Street. Unfortuneatly I have lost contact with all from my street except a few that went to 12th Street Church. It is difficult to share memories with people who know NONE of the names or places that are mentioned. About the only thing you all and I have in common is Germains. Those memories will last forwver. Oh yeah a few of the local theaters we can share also. The Globe, Minerva, 16th Street, Avon, Prospect and Sanders.

Do not let your memories of growing up together die off. Keep talking about different people, Places & events and you will all smile & laugh about those memories. This Blog is a great place to do so since so many on here grew up within a few blocks of each other. While I am not in that category I can simulate some of your experiences with mine. The upcoming Reunion would be a fantastic place to continue your dialog. Those who want to be there, get your money into Terry so she can complete those plans for a great day. I think it would be a shame to let a big monster site like Facebook take away the closeness you can feel on "Brooklyn Back When". That is the Old Goats sermon for this Sunday...

• Greetings to all on this beautiful Sunday morning. Fred & Terry & Jerry and all others on here. Keep sharing those memories. It is the most precious thing you own. The pictures, old & new help jog those memories. I sit sometimes and try to remember names & places from my growing up years on 12th Street. Unfortuneatly I have lost contact with all from my street except a few that went to 12th Street Church. It is difficult to share memories with people who know NONE of the names or places that are mentioned. About the only thing you all and I have in common is Germains. Those memories will last forwver. Oh yeah a few of the local theaters we can share also. The Globe, Minerva, 16th Street, Avon, Prospect and Sanders.

Do not let your memories of growing up together die off. Keep talking about different people, Places & events and you will all smile & laugh about those memories. This Blog is a great place to do so since so many on here grew up within a few blocks of each other. While I am not in that category I can simulate some of your experiences with mine. The upcoming Reunion would be a fantastic place to continue your dialog. Those who want to be there, get your money into Terry so she can complete those plans for a great day. I think it would be a shame to let a big monster site like Facebook take away the closeness you can feel on "Brooklyn Back When". That is the Old Goats sermon for this Sunday...

• Good Afternoon.

PATSY

had a ball. I love being with the old Park Slopers...It fills my heart when I share time with anyone of us on here. Yesterday was a special day. I filled my heart twice in one day. First with Fred and the old gang in the morning and afternoon with you nuts. Life is good. PRICELESS

• Good Afternoon.

PATSY

had a ball. I love being with the old Park Slopers...It fills my heart when I share time with anyone of us on here. Yesterday was a special day. I filled my heart twice in one day. First with Fred and the old gang in the morning and afternoon with you nuts. Life is good. PRICELESS

• Old Goat you touched my heart.

I am very sentimental. I agree with what you wrote. We may have not shared growing up together but we share many connections. I love you joined us here and I feel like you are family. I love your post, your advice and I love you.

Going to see Bunny (Marion). She is in rehab now. No Cancer, no nothing misdiagnosed. Just very weak. I don't care what people say....I truly believe our prayers worked...I am a happy Gal to know she is not terminal like they said...Thank you Jesus...Have a great Sunday afternoon... I passed your noes on to Debbie by email....

• Old Goat you touched my heart.

I am very sentimental. I agree with what you wrote. We may have not shared growing up together but we share many connections. I love you joined us here and I feel like you are family. I love your post, your advice and I love you.

Going to see Bunny (Marion). She is in rehab now. No Cancer, no nothing misdiagnosed. Just very weak. I don't care what people say....I truly believe our prayers worked...I am a happy Gal to know she is not terminal like they said...Thank you Jesus...Have a great Sunday afternoon... I passed your noes on to Debbie by email....

• A quick Hello to all,

What a great day it was in the old neighborhood yesterday at St. Anna's.

When I went home my GrandChildren were at my house & I was telling them the importance of remembering where you came from and that even thought the times have changed so much since I was their age i feel it is important that I drum that into their heads ( ha ha!!! even though I spoil them rotten, that's what Grandpa's are for) you should always remember where your roots came from.

Jerry Lagreca I had a special time saying hello to your baby sister Marie, this is for you and your Sisters a long time ago I posted a story on this blog how I always looked up to Frank (Bugsy) well yesterday I put on a DVD of the stick ball game we played on 21st & 6th Ave to bring back some great old times & wala there he was funny as ever.

I thought to my self I have to offer this to you guys so if would like a copy my e-mail address is; fred.damico7@verizon.net & give me you address & I will make use a copy & mail it pass this on to your Family Jerry.

• A quick Hello to all,

What a great day it was in the old neighborhood yesterday at St. Anna's.

When I went home my GrandChildren were at my house & I was telling them the importance of remembering where you came from and that even thought the times have changed so much since I was their age i feel it is important that I drum that into their heads ( ha ha!!! even though I spoil them rotten, that's what Grandpa's are for) you should always remember where your roots came from.

Jerry Lagreca I had a special time saying hello to your baby sister Marie, this is for you and your Sisters a long time ago I posted a story on this blog how I always looked up to Frank (Bugsy) well yesterday I put on a DVD of the stick ball game we played on 21st & 6th Ave to bring back some great old times & wala there he was funny as ever.

I thought to my self I have to offer this to you guys so if would like a copy my e-mail address is; fred.damico7@verizon.net & give me you address & I will make use a copy & mail it pass this on to your Family Jerry.

• thank you fred for the offer i do have a copy of that stickball game provided to me by my brothers son robert,next time your in the club ..regards to mikie galdo

and joe aversano..i like you feel obligated to teach my grandchildren and others who will listen about our background and our values..we were blessed to be a part of it'''stay well

• thank you fred for the offer i do have a copy of that stickball game provided to me by my brothers son robert,next time your in the club ..regards to mikie galdo

and joe aversano..i like you feel obligated to teach my grandchildren and others who will listen about our background and our values..we were blessed to be a part of it'''stay well

• :flower:GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

WEATHER IS COOLER TODAY, (THANK GOD).

HELLO TO MY CUZ..XX, FRED, & JERRY LAGRECA & MY

BLOG FAMILY.. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE GREAT DAY & ENJOY!!!

C U ALL, LATER.. XX

• Hi Everyone, How is everyone?

Well I took off on Friday to go the Hamptons with all my friends...what a great time we had..all the girls have know each other since grammer school.....

Attached files image
  • oh well, will try again tomorrow, I can't even keep my eyes open, so tired tonight....Have a good night everyone.

• Good Morning, Good afternoon and Good Night

Sweet Dreams to all

• Warren,

I just read my post over and I can not edit

I passed your notes onto Debbie not your noes..lol

WEATHER IS NICE TODAY!! GET OUT & ENJOY!!

JUDY, SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREA TIME!!!

GOOD FOR YOU.

C U ALL, LATER.. :)

• Good Morning Cuz and all,

Hope all is well.

Have a great day....

• Hello every body......its hard to navigate on the PC with one hand, but hopefully after tomorrow I will get my right hand back.

Its healing fast and when I can hold a drumstick in it again I will be happy

have a good day

• What happened Joe?????

• was wondering why there were no post for awhile her and on facebook????

• Hi Terry....I thought you knew?

Had surgery on my right hand & wrist for karpel tunnel last thursday.....

but it is healing fast and tomorrow I should get stitches out and bandage off....

thanks for coming last week and staying to the end...

you & patsy & carol....good friends

• This is why we don't have people on here anymore. They have problems getting on. I just posted this morning and when I just came back I had to get a new password which took abut 10 minutes. Anyway I sent you a message Joe through email. Hope u start drumming real soon.

• HI JOEBROOXX.. HOPE YOU FEEL GOOD!!

YOU'LL PICK UP THAT DRUMSTICK IN NO TIME.. LOVE YA, & TALK TO YOU, SOON..XX KISSES TO THE FAMILY..XX

EVERYONE, ENJOY YOUR NIGHT!! :flower:

• Lets try the pictures again.

• I don't know why the "upload files from your computer" down below does not work anymore. It was so easy to just go to the bottom of the page and it would copy pictures right from "your pictures" on your computer. Now I have to go to Photobucket and save them there and then copy them.

ADMIN - why is this not working, everything is so time consuming, that is why nobody is coming on the blog anymore. Please make it a little easier.

Well hope everyone has a good night.

Joe - Hope you hand is feeling much better.

• good night sweet dreams

• Same here Judy. Every time I wanted to post a photo I had to go the old way to photobucket.

JUDY, GREAT PIX!! A FEW OF THOSE PEOPLE LOOK FAMILIAR??

LOOKS LIKE A FUN CREW...

HI CUZ...XX

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :flower:

• Good Morning Cuz,

Off to Zumba and food shopping

Hope all is well

Hi to everyone

see ya later

No going to Texas for my skincare flights are tooooo high.

Very disappointed. Next year With The Help Of God.

see ya later..

This discussion has been closed.