Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread - Page 1158 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

Comments

• Patsy, The way I have heard you complain about the heat and praise the cold, you could only take it down here from the middle of November through the middle of February. Where I am we do get MANY winter temps in January WITHOUT SNOW! But from about April 15 to about November 1 you are looking at close to 90 degrees almost every day. You would have to be a "Snow Bird" and have 2 homes. One up North and one in Florida. :scratch:

• WARREN..YOU'RE SO RIGHT.. I LIKE THE CHANGE OF THE 4 SEASONS (ESP WINTER.. & I JUST LOVE WHEN IT SNOWS)

I LOVE THE BRISK COLD AIR..I KNOW MOST PEOPLE PREFER THE HEAT, BUT I AM NOT MOST PEOPLE.. LOL

TALK TO YOU SOON & YOU HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.. REGARDS TO CAROL..

HOPE SHE IS FEELING GOOD TODAY.:)

• Terry, it's been awhile but the lovely lady with the blonde hair standing to your right next to you would be my thought but she also looks like Babara Sheila's sister

& Shiela's grand daughter is next to her Mother this I did not forget those lovely long legs. (LOL)

It's good to have memories, all the Ladies in this picture look like their doing well. God bless them

• Hi there.....

Warren I'm about two blocks from shore road and I certainly don't take enough advantage of it!!! I think I may start walking along the water when the kids are back in school for some exercise...congrat's on the good test results

Judy...good news about Jonathan and Happy Birthday to Lorraine!!!!

Patsy....you know I'm always with you on this hot/cold snow loving thing....lol :cheers:

Terry enjoy your visit :-)

ANTHONY....I'M PRAYING FOR YOU HOPE YOU'LL BE BACK HERE SOON. XOXO

Hi to Anna, Mary Ann, Karen, Jeanette, Suzie, Jerry, Fred and anyone I missed....

• Good night all.....I'm off to read my latest John Grisham book... :study:

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL.

ENJOY YOUR DAY, PEOPLE.. :flower:

• Hi All,

I haven't been on in ages. No excuses - just been busy. Hope all is well with everyone. I read back a few pages and Terry glad to hear that Tracie and Aria are ok, minus some bad bruising. Stupid kid - probably looking at his phone instead of the road. Thank God for miracles.

A quick typeby - go out and enjoy the day. Beautiful weather for the end of August.

Have a great day all - will try to post more often.

• wow....did you guys feel that....

5.9 quake in virginia....

.HOPE EVERYONE IS OK

• OMG I thought I was going to faint!!!!! I thought it was just me then the water cooler behind started to bubble and I knew something was wrong...LOL

Everyone felt it.....that was so weird....those poor people close to it...

• [-oBHI GUYS!!!

WE FELT IT ALRIGHT..

MY WORKPLACE BLDG WAS EVACUATED FOR ABOUT 45 MINS.

(I WAS HOPING THEY WOULD SEND US HOME, BUT NO SUCH

LUCK..LOL)

5.8 IS ONE HELL OF AN EARTHQUAKE.. GOD HELP THE PEOPLE

WHO WERE CLOSEST TO IT... [-oB

HOPE EVERYONE IS OK.. C U ALL, LATER

:love:

• Judy...I thought I was having a dizzy spell....

Patsy....tell your boss you have to leave and check your walls & pipes.....for cracks

• HEY JOEBROOXX..THAT WON'T WORK...LOL

TALK TO YOU, SOON...XXX

BTW, PEOPLE, I SPOKE TO MY CUZ TERRY TODAY..SHE IS

HAVING A NICE VACATION IN FLA & ENJOYING HER

NEW CONDO

THERE.. :)

KAREN...ABOUT TIME YOU CAME BACK ON..HOPE ALL IS

OK WITH YOU. COME BACK SOON...ARE YOU GOING TO THE

REUNION??? I HOPE I SEE YOU THERE.. :-)

• Oh, wow, I really felt it, we are 150 miles from where it started, we also evacuated our building. My building shook and then it swayed from side to side, very scary. I still cannot believe it happened!!!! Did you all feel it in B'klyn and Florida????

Terry, loved your photos, wow you are having a good time in FL!!!!

Judy, Hope your mom had a wonderful b'day!!

Anna, I loved helping my daughter plan her wedding, I'm glad they are getting a head start on planning. Have fun at your friend's wedding.

Warren, thanks for the update on Anthony. I hope the doctors find the answers for your wife, has she asked her doctor about the High Fructose Corn Syrup intolerance test.

HI..MARYANN..WE FELT IT IN BROOKLYN, SI. JERSEY,

ETC.

ALL THE WAY TO CANADA, IT WAS FELT. THAT WAS SOMETHING .

WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL TODAY.. ENJOY & HAVE A GREAT

DAY.. :flower:

• Earthquake in the Northeast....I thought it would never happen.

Now, We have a strong Hurricane heading our way.

Stay informed, Listen to the Weather Reports.

We could be in for some severe Weather Tomorrow Afternoon in N.Y......Then the Hurricane could be here on Sat/Sun.

STAY SAFE...STAY INFORMED...

As I get Older, I have learned not to underestimate the power of Mother Nature

Attached files image image
  • Photobucket

Photobucket

Amboy Road, S.I. 3 weeks ago

THIS WAS AMBOY ROAD IN S.I. 3 WEEKS AGO!!!

• THIS WAS THE STORM WE HAD LAST YEAR IN N.Y.C.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

• Good Morning Everyone,

Hope today will be nice and steady!!! LOL

Beautifil out today, I guess the calm before the storm.

Enjoy!

• Hi Mary Ann,

No, we did not feel the Earthquake in our part of Florida. Looks like the shelf that moved went mostly North and North West. The Press Box in the Cleveland Ohio Stadium swayed back and forth. It went all the way up to Buffalo NY and across. My children in NJ all felt the quake either at work or home but no damage. We also are getting lucky with this new Hurricane. The East Coast may get some rain & wind from Irene but here on the West Coast of Florida we are not expecting anything. Our biggest problems occur when the storms get in the Gulf of Mexico. Even then, most of them either veer off to the East out to sea or to the west to Texas, Loisianna or Mexico. Not that we can't get one but so far so good. :compress:

• Warren....We have been dodging the bullet with alot of these storms here in Staten Island.....The majority of the bad weather has been to the north(upstate N.Y.) or the south(N.J.) of us.....But now, I think our luck is going to change with IRENE....I am keeping my eye on the weather channel, and planning and preparing just in case.

• Hi-quick typeby..glad everyone is ok after the earthquake back East yesterday...and please keep alert & safe the next few days when "Irene" comes your way...talk to u soon..bye

• [b]TO ALL MY FRIENDS THAT LIVE IN STATEN ISLAND AND LIVE BELOW HYLAN BLVD.

***** YOU ARE IN A FLOOD ZONE IF THE HURRICANE HITS******

I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.....STAY INFORMED....

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE WEATHER CHANNEL AND DIFFERENT NEWS STATIONS ALL DAY......

...THEY ALL SAY THAT ALL THE COMPUTER MODELS SHOWING A SIGNIFICANT STORM-THE LIKES THAT THE EASTCOAST HAS NOT SEEN IN 100 YEARS.....

DON'T WAIT...THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO, AND PREPARE EARLY....

PACK A "GO BAG"....IMPORTANT PAPERS, MEDICINES,FLASHLITE, BATTERIES, WATER,ETC.

I AM A NOVICE WEATHER FREAK AND THE REPORTS I AM SEEING AND HEARING ARE MAKING ME VERY CONCERN.....

......BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY...BETTER TO HAVE (WHAT YOU NEED), AND NOT NEED IT....THAN TO NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT....

PLEASE..STAY... INFORMED.....

• HI JOEBROOXX.

WOW!! SOME PIX YOU POSTED.. I DID SEE THAT ON THE NEWS

ABOUT S.I..THAT FLOORED ME.. I DID NOT REALIZE

IT GETS THAT BAD OUT THERE.. :(

YES, I HEARD WE ARE IN FOR A TERRIBLE WEEKEND.. MY SON JASON & TONIANN HAVE METS TIX FOR SUNDAY.. GUESS THAT WILL BE A RAIN CHECK. ](*,)

YES, & YOU'RE RIGHT..EVERYONE SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR

THE WORST. LOVE YA, XX :love:

• Good Morning Friends....

I spoke with Anthony Umbria last night. He is in Methodist Hospital with some health issues, and may be in there for awhile. Lets all keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

• THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I HOPE IT STILL LOOKS THE SAME ON MONDAY.

PRAYERS FOR UMBRIA [-oB [-oB

RAIN TODAY, BUT ENJOY ANYWAY..

C U ALL, LATER.. :flower:

• Good Morning Everyone,

Anthony - Prayers for Anthony for a speedy recovery.

Joe - You are so right, I think we all take the hurricanes and other weather for granted, but I even got a call from the Local Police Station saying to be prepared, get a bag ready with flashlights, water, medicine for a few days and so on. That got me a little nervous. Everyone be careful.

Hello to everyone else....be prepared for this storm coming this weekend....

• EARTHQUAKE AND HURRICANE ALL IN ONE WEEK

"YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP"

EVERYONE....PLEASE BE SAFE...

AND ALSO...IF THERE IS A PROBLEM, AND YOUR CEL PHONES CALLS ARE NOT GOING THRU....TEXT MESSAGE INSTEAD, THEY WILL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF CONNECTING WITH YOUR PARTY...

....LOVE YOU ALL....

• What is the world coming to?!?!? Hurricanes, earthquakes. Yikes. I was at lunch w/a friend and we were so busy talking that neither of us felt it. His office was sent home, mine was sent back in to finish work! There's no justice!!

The hurricane has me a bit more worried. I'm not in a flood area (or I don't think I am) but there's always a first time for everything. The rain is only half the problem, the winds are what I'm more afraid of. Oh well and this too shall pass. I'll have to remember to buy potato chips cause chips make everything right (along w/my 3 bottles of wine)!

Sorry to hear about Anthony - prayers for a speedy recovery.

Yes, Patsy I'm going to the reunion so I'll def see you there.

Rainy, gray, dreary day. Going to lunch. Have a good day everyone - stay in and stay dry!

• HI KAREN.. SO HAPPY YOU WILL BE AT THE REUNION.. :-)

MARGARET OR CONSTANCE GOING???

I AM STILL AT WORK,.. GOING FOOD SHOPPING FROM HERE.

GETTING READY FOR THIS WEEKEND..IDK, MAYBE IT'S JUST ME,

BUT IT IS A LITTLE SCARY, BUT ALSO SOMEWHAT THRILLING.

(IT'S MY DARK SIDE THAT LIKES THE THRILL..LOL)

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT, GUYS.. :love:

• patsy....i feel the same way....nervous but excited...

me & you....feel like a whack-a-do....lol

• We have been on the nervous end of Hurricanes coming since we moved here in 1997. After the last big batch of storms a few years ago, it was scary indeed. Storms to the eats of us, storms to the south of us. We lucked out. We saw Punta Gorda a year after the Hurricane that hit them. There were NO GAS STATIONS left. NO FOOD STORES left and most of the houses still had BLUE CANVAS ROOFS. That was a YEAR after! Please do not take the warnings lightly.... :roll:

• thank you warren......some people up here still don't think there is anything to worry about

• GOOD MORNING, FREINDS :)

WARREN.. I DO NOT EVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE STRENGTH OF

A STORM, BELIEVE ME. WE ARE PREPARED AS MUCH AS WE

CAN BE..I'M GLAD TO KNOW YOU GUYS ARE OK, DOWN IN FLA.

LOVE TO CAROL..

IT IS BEAUTIFUL OUT TODAY.. (THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM, FOR SURE).. ENJOY & BE SAFE.. :-)

• Good Morning Everyone,

I hope everyone is getting prepared for this weather. I am very scared, My house is backed up to nothing but woods and trees....Make sure you get the usual, bread, milk, food, water, start to make some ice and don't forget to get some cash out in case the ATM's are down, get gas in your car in case you have to evacuate and don't forget to charge all cell phones.....

Be safe...peek back later

• Good morning to all my friends......I hope everyone makes it thru the next few days ok......

But I know that the people here are smart, strong, and caring....and we all will help anyone of us if we can....I AM HERE FOR ALL OF YOU and IF NEEDED WILL DO ANYTHING I CAN FOR YOU

......JUST KEEP THINKING.......

*********** SAFETY FIRST ************

• HI GUYS, WE ARE ALWAYS PREPARED EVEN THOUGH WE ARE INLAND, WE COULD GET POWER OUTAGES, DON'T FORGET CHARCOAL OR GAS FOR YOUR GRILL, LOTS OF FOOD, WATER AND DON'T FORGET THE INSTANT COFFEE. WHEN FRAN HIT IN 1996, WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY POWER FOR ONE WHOLE WEEK. THEY DID OPEN THE SCHOOLS UP FOR PEOPLE TO SHOWER, ETC. PLEASE STAY SAFE.

I HEARD LAST NIGHT THAT WE MIGHT START FEELING IT ABOUT 2 PM TOMORROW AFTERNOON.

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, ANTHONY IS IN MY PRAYERS.

BELIEVE IT I WAS DIZZY FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER THE EARTHQUAKE, IT THREW ME FOR A LOOP!!! SOME PEOPLE WEREN'T PHASED BY IT, UNBELIEVABLE.

• HOW ABOUT SOME HUMOR.....

A WOMAN READ IN A FASHION MAG., IF YOU TAKE A BATH WITH MILK, YOUR SKIN WILL LOOK 10 YRS YOUNGER. SHE CALLED HER LOCAL MILK SUPPLIER & ASKED HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO FILL HER TUB. THE SUPPLIER ASK IF SHE WANTED THE MILK "PASTORIZED" AND SHE REPLIED.."NO,JUST UP TO MY TITS"

BOD-A-BING

• THE MAYOR JUST ORDERED MAMDATORY EVACUATION OF ALL RESIDENTS THAT LIVE IN ZONE A.....THATS DONNA,KENNY,SUZY AND HER SISTER.....

......PLEASE STAY SAFE.....

...ALSO ,MOVE YOUR CARS TO HIGHER GROUND

• WHAT THE HECK IS NEXT?

......MAYBE AN ASTEROID....HOLY CRAP

...YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP !!!

• Hi-quick typeby-off today-getting ready for Jessica's engagement party tomorrow night..been watching the news all day...PLEASE STAY SAFE...BE CAREFUL & ALERT....Angels all around everyone back east..will call my brother in Jackson,NJ & relatives in Brooklyn this weekend to make sure everyone is ok.....prayers are with u..........bye

• Okay Joe, Space Ship "Forthehellofit" will be leaving from atop the Verrazanno Bridge at 6:00am tomorrow (saturday). You can only bring two thermos bottles of water, Two changes of underware and a box of Rice Krispies. The ship will land on the moon in two days. (the ship is a retrofit of the one in the Cacoon ll movie!!!) I think that the earthquake AND the Hurricane are Walter O'Malleys fault because he moved the Dodgers in 1958 (or was it 57?) You do not have the DUKE, Pee Wee, Carl Furillo, Eddie Stanky, Gil Hodges or any of the Bums to protect you because of O'Malley.

No I am not cracking up. Just thought we needed a little humor to break the tension!!! :jocolor:

• HI GUYS...

WARREN & JOEBROOXX, THANX FOR THE HUMOR,, WE CAN ALL

USE THAT RIGHT ABOUT NOW.

JOEBROOXX..I JUST SPOKE TO DONNA, SHE & HER FAMILY

ARE STAYING PUT & RIDING IT OUT SHE SAID.. PRAYERS

FOR ALL OF US, EPSECIALL THOSE WHO MAY NEED IT A

LITTLE MORE.. [-oB [-oB

ANNA, GLAD YOU HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS.. HAVE A GREAT TIME AT

THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY.. SEND MY LOVE TO JESSICA & HER BEAU.

MARYANN...NICE TO SEE YOU ON HERE TODAY.. STAY SAFE,MY

FRIEND. SO MANY OF THE STORES HERE IN BAY RIDGE ARE

BOARDING UP WINDOWS, & GETTING PREPARED FOR THE STORM.

HEY JUDY...I'M HOPING THIS MAY NOT BE AS BAD AS THEY SAY.

I WORRY ABOUT THE TREES AROUND MINE & MY NEIGHBORS YARDS,

TOO..I JUST HAD ONE OF MY TREES PRUNED RECENTLY

THAT IS CLOSEST TO MY HOUSE IN THE YARD..I PRAY THEY

STAY STANDING... [-oB

OK..MAYBE, I'LL BE BACK ON LATER.. I HAVE MUCH TO DO WHEN I

GET HOME LATER...HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.. :-)

• You know, when I got married, I wanted to spend my Honeymoon on the Riviera......But.......

my wife rolled off the hood and banged her head....and that was the end of that !!!!!

• WHO EVER LIVES IN AN EVACUATION ZONE...(I KNOW WHO YOU ARE)... IF YOU DECIDE TO STAY IN YOUR HOMES....MOVE YOUR CARS TO HIGHER GROUND.....IF SEA WATER FLOODS YOUR CARS, THEY WILL BE RUIN....THE SALT WATER WILL DESTROY ALL ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS IN THE CAR (ABS BRAKES,COMPUTERS,FUSE BOXES,ETC).....I KNOW THIS AS A FACT FROM MY DAYS IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY....

AND ALSO, IF YOU DECIDE TO EVACUATE...TURN OFF YOUR GAS & ELECTRICITY IF YOU CAN.....

LETS HOPE FOR THE BEST.....GOD BE WITH YOU ALL

• ALSO, IF YOU FILL ZIP LOC BAGS 3/4 WITH WATER AND LOAD UP YOUR FREEZER WITH AS MANY AS YOU CAN FIT INTO IT, IT WILL HELP KEEP THE REFRIGERATOR AND FOOD COLDER LONGER(IF YOU KEEP THE DOOR CLOSED) FOR SEVERAL MORE HOURS IN CASE THE POWER GOES OUT...WHICH IT MIGHT ,BECAUSE OF OVERHEAD POWERLINES....

I AM JUST TRYING TO PASS ALONG USEFUL INFO TO YOU ALL

• I WILL BE AT HOME IN MY APT. I LIVE ON THE 2ND FLOOR OF A PRIVATE HOME, WITH SEVERAL LARGE WINDOWS. I HOPE THEY STAY IN ONE PIECE.I AM NOT IN A FLOOD ZONE SO I AM NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT, JUST FLYING DEBRIS.

BUT, I AM SURE WE WILL ALL GET THRU THIS AND SHARE OUR STORIES ON MONDAY.

I ALSO PLAN TO SHUT OFF MY PC AND OTHER STUFF AS THE STORM GETS WORST IF NEED BE.

HEY, JOEBROOXX...THANX, GREAT INFO..

WE JUST FINISHED REMOVING STUFF FROM THE BACKYARD &

NOW TO REMOVE PLANTERS FROM THE FRONT YARD.. :compress:

(I HATE BRINGING MY FLAG IN, EVEN FOR A LITTLW WHILE,BUT

I MUST DO WHAT I NEED TO DO)...

EVERYONE, BE SMART & BE SAFE...HOPEFULLY, SEE SOME OF

YOU ON HERE, LATER.. XX :)

• Be well Patsy....Love you all

• Hellow everyone-just wanted to say prayers are with u...hope everyone will be safe..will see if anyone can get on here tomorrow to let me know if you're ok...angels all around........KEEP SAFE.....bye

• Hello All, Just to back up some of Joe Pinto's advice.

My oldest son lives in Wanaque NJ. A few years ago during a much less intimidating storm, a brook across the street from him overflowed, went into his driveway and then into his garage. He and his family were evacuated to the High School when the Asst. Fire Chief (a neighbor of his) told him "Bill, get your family on the Fire truck NOW. We will not be back later for fear of losing the truck and Fireman's lives". He took his advice but his car was in the driveway. The computer in that model car was under the gear shift box and it got wet. The insurance company told him "do not use the car because the computer being wet can cause problems with your steering and brakes and everything electrical on the car". They totaled the car rather then take a chance on it being repaired.In addition to the zip lock bags Joe mentioned you can fill plastic water bottles 2/3 full and put them in the freezer as well as plastic (like tupperware) containers 2/3 full and make ice blocks. Also you can take your milk and other refrigerated items that are used several times a day and put them in a cooler with ice bags, bottles etc; and that way you are not opening the Fridge door all those times and letting the cold air out. We did this down here, lost power for about eight hours and did not lose any of our food from the freezer or the fridge.

I am not being the voice of doom but everything you do ahead of time will make life much less stressful if the worst happens. :roll:

• Great advice Joe & Warren..just called Brooklyn-everyone is fine so far in Bensonhurst.....bye

• LIGHTS FICKERING ON AND OFF HERE, THE WINDS WILL BE PICKING UP SPEED HERE IN A LITTLE WHILE, I'M GOING UPSTAIRS TO WATCH THE NEWS, BE BACK LATER WITH A REPORT. STAY SAFE AND THANKS FOR THE HUMOR, WE ALL NEED IT RIGHT NOW. ALSO, PARK YOUR CARS AWAY FROM TREES.

• Wanted to wish my Dad a Happy Anniversary in Heaven today-ten years...seems just like yesterday.....

• Hi everyone....

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a little scared. We have no idea what to expect and that bothers me. I'm fully stocked and everything is indoors. Kevin is working and may also be called in tomorrow because his garage is right on the water so they want the trucks out so they don't get flooded. Very scary. My sister Donna is in VA and they are getting slammed.

This morning I had to call the Dr for Samantha, she has a sore throat and fever. Thank God he called in a z-pack. Ok I'll check back in with you later...be safe all.....xoxo

• It's been raining here but not very heavy. We did lose power for about one hr. and it is now back on again. I had just drained my pasta and boom, it went out!!! Good timing!!! I'll be praying for all of you, just stay indoors if you can.

Anna, Happy Anniversary to your Dad, you must miss him!!

Debbie, I saw how VA is getting slammed pretty bad.

Be Safe!

• MaryAnn are you in NC? Be safe.....My sister just lost power in VA, hopefully it'll come back on soon

Anna happy anniversary to your dad...yesterday was my sister Edith's birthday, she would have been 56 years old... :(

• Hi Everyone...its been so long since I last posted (sounds like Im in a Confession booth) just been so busy with my parents and getting home late every day.

Im sorry for missing all the happy news on here with babies being born and planning weddings...

Terry Thank God Tracie and Aria are fine...

The weather is getting pretty nasty here right now...I know by the morning....we are gonna see how much damage this wind and rain has caused! Just please, No Loss of Life!

Joe ....thanks for caring ...Im above Hylan but I dont think that matters anymore....the water is gonna be a problem for all of us! Hope your hand is feeling much

better

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EDITH IN HEAVEN...(ONE OF THE ANGELS) [-oB

HAPPY ANNIVERSAY TO ANNA'S DAD IN HEAVEN. (ANOTHER ANGEL) [-oB

• DEB..HOPE SAMM FELLS BETTER,SOON..

OK..SO FAR, SO GOOD...MINIMAL DAMAGE TO MY PROPERTY.

A FEW FALLEN BRANCHES, OTHERWISE, THANK GOD, ALL IS

WELL.. :cheers:

IT WAS A LITTLE SCARY, BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT, I SLEPT

THRU MOST OF IT..GLAD, IT'S ALMOST OVER..

I AM VERY GRATEFUL, POWER DID NOT GO OUT. W/O TV,

IT WOULD HAVE SUCKED ALTOGETHER.

HOPE EVERYONE IS SAFE.

I NEED TO MAKE SOME BREAKFAST, & I WILL CATCH UP WITH

YOU ALL, LATER... :love:

• Hi everyone,

Well everything is ok here, thank God, never lost power just lots of wind and rain.

Happy Anniversary to Annas Dad and Happy Birthday to Edith Ann, wow she was taken way to soon!!

Be safe today.

• Same here....all is well....have power....and no damage.....

....Thank Goodness......

SUZIE..NICE TO SEE YOU ON HERE.. GLAD ALL IS WELL.

YOU NEED TO COME ON MORE OFTEN..YOU ARE MISSED.XX

I AM SO HAPPY EVERYONE IS OK. WHEN I LOOK AT THE

TV, I AM GRATEFUL THAT WE DID NOT GET HIT AS HARD

AS SOME OTHER PLACES..I REALLY HOPE CLEANUP FOR

THOSE THAT HAVE DAMAGE IS QUICK. [-oB

OK..BACK TO REALITY.. EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY & ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER TODAY!!! :flower:

• I want to re-post something a dear friend wrote

"Hope all u non believers are watching the news today and that little voice inside u says HOLY SHIT Now that u can see all the disaster, sorrow, and pain this storm actually caused people along almost the entire East Coast U selfish people that complained because u were not touched U should be on ur knees this morning"

.....I THINK THIS IS RIGHT ON.......

• Morning All - well thank God I fared well - no damage, no water - not a drop, puddle or leak anywhere - had electric and cable the whole time. Some leaves and branches in my driveway but that's it. Very glad to hear everyone survived and didn't suffer. Seemed like much ado about nothing, but I'm glad they did what they did. I think Bloomberg (man, his Spanish is awful)overcompensated because of the Christmas blizzard but it's better than shoulda, woulda, coulda.

The weather was glorious this morning - nice and cool. Supposed to be this way all week. I'm looking forward to cooler weather, I love wearing sweaters! Get out and enjoy!

Patsy - Margaret and I are coming to the reunion, Constance isn't (since her hip replacement sitting in chairs has become a bit uncomfortable so she's opting to stay home. Hopefully she'll be at the next one.)

Have a good day everyone!

• HI KAREN.. GLAD YOU'RE OK.. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING

YOU & MARGARET AT THE REUNION.. SEND MY LOVE TO CONSTANCE.

TALK TO YOU, SOON.. :)

• I know a lot of New Yorkers think all the hype about IRENE was over the top and maybe not necessary. But ,the facts are ,there are some 1 1/2 million people without power. There are places in New Jersey and upstate N.Y., Conn, Mass, AND R.I. that are flooding now in biblical proportions, and some 30 people killed by this storm. In fact,as the storm approached the city, some drier air over VA. & Maryland, entered the storm system and weaken it just a little but it was enough to save the city from the massive flooding that was expected. Weather forecasters did not know this was going to happen.....It was A LUCKY BREAK FOR US NYC'ERS.

...So everyone who thinks it was a bunch of hype....look to neighboring states and communities and count your blessings.

...I KNOW I AM...

• Joe, I am glad that the second guesser's are not the people making decisions whereby my family and my own life could be in danger. Remember I mentioned my oldest son lost a car and had water in his garage & lower floor a few years ago. Well this time a tree fell into the same brook that caused the problems then and the water came within 10-15 feet of his house before the rain stopped and it subsided. This time the police had instituted a reverse 911 call and told residents that they could park their cars at the High School parking lot. It is on higher ground. Are they supposed to be criticized because the water would have reached my sons cars if the rain had not stopped when it did? I know of a politician that criticized her Chief of Police because he started a reverse 911 call with important emergency info on Thursday night. She was upset because he did not wait until Friday night. How dumb can one get!!!

The second guesser's would not like me in charge because in addition to all the precautions taken I would have had National Guard & Police stationed in all the neighborhoods that were evacuated with live ammo and orders to shoot looters on site! ](*,)

All my children & grandchildren in NJ are safe & there homes intact. I thank God for it.Carol's Sister & Brother, one in L.I and the other in Brooklyn are safe and sound as well. I would rather be 10 times over prepared then caught in a flood or worse. :bounce:

• Hi all.....

Glad everyone is ok. I for one was very happy to be overstocked and over prepared!!! I rather be safe than sorry. It could have been so much worse, those who have been complaining people should count their blessings.

• Warren, you truly are a wise man.....always better safe than sorry....in an instant, all that we hold sacred and dear, could be washed away and gone forever....

it's a shame, but I think the bigger issue is how people are so naive to second guess the professionals...especially with all the hi-tec equipment and radar and satellite photos. Another thing I don't understand in today day & age, is how many people that don't watch the news or read newspapers, and really don't have a clue on what is going on around them. It's a different World today, but not necessary a better one.

• Hi everyone-glad everyone is ok...relatives in Bensonhurst are ok..no power outage or flooding...my SIL in Jackson,NJ just emailed me from the library...no electricity yet...and my niece & family stayed at a hotel last night...you don't realize what you have until you lose it..........but thank God-everyone's safe...talk to u soon......bye

• Good Morning All.....Well it looks like another beautiful day in store for us. It's a shame but this time of year, when the summer starts to come to an end, and the weather starts to cool off and kids are getting ready to go back to school....I can't help but to think about that beautiful morning 10 years ago, when the day started out so nice and ended with our worst nightmare. I go through a funk every year at this time. This year I want to do something different but don't know what it is yet.

I was fearful for awhile that there may be another incident, but, deep down inside I really don't think that will happen.We are winning this battle vs. the bad guys here and abroad. We are a stronger people & nation than the bad guys ever thought. we mourn every year in our own way, but we continue to carry on and live our lives just like we always did. We got knocked down and kicked hard, but we also jumped right back up on our feet and hit them back even harder. We are Americans. We are a proud and just people. We bitch & moan all the small stuff, but when we need to, we all rise to the challenge and show the world the true essance of what it is that makes us the greatest people and greatest Nation in the history of the world.

We will never forget all that we lost that day....We will not let it slow us down or change the way that we live...AND, We will never ,ever let it happen again....

...WE ARE AMERICANS, LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE...

WARREN, JOEBROOXX, SO TRUE. WE SWEAT THE SMALL THINGS,

BUT WE NEED TO BE GREATEFUL FOR WHAT WE HAVE.

HI TO ANNA, DEBBIE & ALL READING.

WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL..GO OUT & ENJOY!!!

C U ALL, LATER.. :flower:

• Good Morning All,

Hope all is well.

We are (maybe) GOING TO START DRIVING TOMORROW TO GET HOME.

Trying to get through to aaa to see if the roads are ok and if there is gas in the states we have to go through. (I HOPE SO)

Cloudy today wanted to get one more beach day but I don't think so.

• hope this comes through.

Don't know if anyone remembers Dolores (black hair) used to hang out on 21st street at her grandmas...(years ago) the rst are the cousins.

Attached files image
  • Photobucket

Cousin Geri and Roseann Miele

• cousin Ralphie and Mike smoking their cigars

• oops here we go[i]

Photobucket

• cousin Ronnie and Dee

Photobucket

• best donuts ever just like 22nd street and 5th anyone remember that bakery??

Photobucket

• GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE ALL SAFE. WE HAD ANOTHER VERY BAD STORM LAST NIGHT, IT WAS AWFUL WITH HAIL (SP), SOME POWER OUTAGES AND DOWNED UTILITY POLES. PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE THAT TREES FALL DOWN FROM GROUND SATURATION AND GUSTS OF WIND AND WHAT ABOUT FLOODING, BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY, GOOD TO STAY INDOORS DURING THESE STORMS.

HI TERRY, LOVE YOUR PICS!!

DEBBIE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SIS IN HEAVEN.

HI SUZIE, WELCOME BACK.

• Maryann Are the roads bad I have t go through NC Dn't know if I am going to be able to get gas and if the roads are ok

• HI CUZ..ANGELS AROUND YOU ON THE DRIVE HOME.. [-oB [-oB

GREAT PIX.EVERYONE LOOKS SO NICE...GLAD YOU & MIKE HAD

A GREAT TIME!!! TALK TO YOU WHEN YOU GET HOME.. LOVE YA, MUCHO XX

EVERYONE, HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!!! :-)

• good night sweet dreams and angels all around us as we drive home tomorrow from fla...Will miss my cuzzies and my condo and the beautiful Caddy's beach.

• ...A Letter To My Father....

Dear Pop,

It's was 10 years ago Labor Day Weekend 2001, when I saw you last.We had a BBQ in my Brother's back yard. We ate good, listened to the "oldies" station on the radio, and told stories about growing up in the old neighborhood.

You and Mommy had 9 grandchildren, and the youngest 4 were still babies.You enjoyed your family more than anyone could ever know.You played with them all and they had so much fun when you and Mommy were with them. At the end of the day, when we were all getting ready to return to our homes, Mommy said you both were going to Atlantic City next week for a few days, a place you both loved, and you wouldn't be "around".None of us could have ever anticipate what was in store for our family,our city, and our nation in the coming days.

On the morning of the attacks, the first thing I did was dial the phone and called your house. I had forgotten you & mommy were in A.C. I knew you would be nervous about what was happening, especially since your son-in-law worked in the Towers. When I got no answer on your home phone, I just assumed you were on your way to my Sister's house to be with her.

My sister was the next call I made...I told her I had call Daddy's house,got no answer and thought they were with her.That's when she reminded me that you & mom were in A.C.

I then asked "where is my brother-in-law". At work she said with a cracking voice,trying not to cry, she said "I called him but could not get though". I told her I had to make my own phone calls and would speak to her later. I began to think of all the people I knew that worked in and around the Trade Center-My Wife,My Oldest Daughter,Personal Friends-and One By One I learned that they were all ok. A little while later my sister called me back to say her husband was fine- he was running behind that day and was still on his way to work when the attack happened. He was Fine. So for the most part,all our family and friends were accounted for. BUT, YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT.YOU HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING BECAUSE WE COULD NOT REACH YOU BY PHONE. We all Never thought about what would happen next. We all knew how much you loved your family, how your son-in-law was your 3rd son, a person that was liked and became family the very first time we all met him.

I never thought you being 125 miles from N.Y.C.,was in any danger. But,we were wrong.You probably was thinking of the worst and I'm sure the images on T.V. wasn't helping.Mommy was very nervous and left the room just for a minute, when she returned, you had already left us.She remembered hearing you swear at the T.V."Them bastards killed my son-in-law".....That was it

Well,since that time,1 grand daughter is married with 2 beautiful boys- you would go crazy over them-all your grand kids,with the exception of the 3 youngest drive( yes drive).Two are superb Ballplayers,the older ones have gone on to college and have good jobs...you would be proud of your family, you taught us all well, and we all love you and miss you so much. Since you left us, there has been others you have gone. But,I am sure you know that. You all must be together right now. You & mommy are dancing to "begin the beguine", or you are playing "pokeno" with my aunts & uncles, or maybe even talking sports with your brothers.

It's been 10 years since I saw you last, But Know this,your family is well,its growing,and we know you would be pleased....We all love you and we all will be together again.

JOEBROXX..YOU MADE ME CRY :(

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

'POP' IS IN A BETTER PLACE..I KNOW HE WATCHES OVER YOU &

THE FAMILY..

WEATHER IS NICE, SO GO OUT & ENJOY..

CUZZIES, LOVE YA, & HAVE A SAFE TRIP BACK. XX

• Sorry Patsy....I have to express my feelings....You are a good friend and I know you understand...xoxoxox

• YES..UNFORTUNATELY, I HAVE HAD TRAGEDY IN MY LIFE, SO

I UNDERSTAND ALL TOO WELL...WE MUST REMAIN STRONG &

MOVE ON & TREASURE OUR MEMORIES..LOVE YA, XXOO :love:

SO, WHERE IS EVERYONE???

CUZ..ARE YOU HOME, YET??

HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THIS DAY.

C U ALL, LATER.. :-) :flower:

• Good Morning Patsy

• Okay Patsy & Joe, I do not want you to feel alone on here so I will put my 2c in...

First of all we have to ask Terry if she went to a street fair in St Pete the other day because I saw coverage of the fair on TV and I could swear one of the people they showed was Terry. She was clowning around.

Joe, as far as your feelings about your Dad is concerned, I will tell you what happened (very briefly) to me and my family. In 1953 my Mother was operated on and was found to have Pancreatic Cancer, advanced stage. Back then there was no particular treatment except to take out an affected tube which led to the liver and replace it with a piece from another part of her body. They gave her 6 months to a year. My Father dedicated his entire life and time to her while her convelescence took place. She lived 14 months and died October 6 1954. My Father started to relax just a little when he started losing awake times and slept a lot. We got him to the Dr. & then the hospital where he was diagnosed a Brain Hemmoredge(sp). He never recovered and died April 20 1955. 6 months & 14 days after my Mother. She was 51, he was 54. Our Pastor at the time helped me to survive by advising me to try and remember all the good times I had with my parents and not to dwell on the sad times. It did seem to help. So keep remembering the barbecues and other good times with your Dad and remember him as he was then. That's the advice from an Old Goat in Florida. :wink:

• Thanks Warren.....I do remember all the good times, and I am grateful I had both my parents as long as I did.

On the 10th anniversary of 911, I felt compelled to write this letter and share it with everyone who cared to read it.I will be forever preoccupied and consumed by the images,sounds,and events of that day and following days.I grieve not only for my Dad, but for everyone who perished on that day. And,In a strange way,I remember feeling more grief for the victims who died in the actual attacks than for my father.I always felt my dad had a full and meaningful life. He was a good Father and Husband,and was liked by everyone.Those people who died at the WTC,the Pentagon,on the airplanes, and first responders on the ground were young innocents who had their whole life still ahead of them.I feel I have to do this every year. It is my way of remembering and honoring them all.

I do remember the good times, not only the moments with my family, but, also a time when the towers stood tall and the world seemed ,if only just a little bit,less ugly and hateful.

...God Bless All Their Souls and God Bless America...

• Warren...One more thing....

We always look forward to your "2 cents"

Stay well my friend

• HI GUYS..

WARREN..YOU HAVE HAD YOUR SHARE,TOO :(

YOUR PARENTS DIED VERY YOUNG..THAT IS A HEARTBREAK.

YES, REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES..

• Wow...What are we down to 3 people left on this blog ?

• HI GUYS..

DON'T LEAVE ME..LOL

I'M SURE MORE PEOPLE WILL BE BACK ON SOON..

SOMETIMES, YOU JUST NEED A BREAK FROM THIS.

(NOT ME THOUGH, I'M A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT)..LOL

This discussion has been closed.