Summer Internships Wanted - Brooklynian

Summer Internships Wanted

Greetings,

I seek your assistance in helping me find internships and summer jobs for the youth of Save Our Streets Crown Heights, and would like to tell you a little about the program.

Over the course of the last two years, the Crown Heights Community Mediation Center has formed a cadre of approximately twenty (20) youth living in western Crown Heights.

The youth are sick and tired of the violence that their peers engage in toward themselves and adults, and have received extensive training in how they (as youth) can play roles in stemming potentially violent situations before they get out of control.

An idea of the work they have been doing can be found by looking at their Facebook page

As a "perk" for doing this work, we are going to try to help them find summer jobs and internships.

I know the staff members of who operate this program and the youth being served, and hereby request that readers of Brooklynian help me with this task. We are starting "the hunt" in Mid-April, because we want every youth to get a chance to interview for a placement by the time school gets out.

Please contact the staff member pictured on the left side of the photo, Ruby-Beth Buitekant, to discuss any opportunities and questions you may have.

She can be reached via Facebook.

If you PM me, I will give you her email.

Sincerely yours,

Whynot_31

Comments