Circles Restaurant Overhaul - I Just Got Busted :-) — Brooklynian

Circles Restaurant Overhaul - I Just Got Busted :-)

So, I'm walking through the 'hood just now and I see a guy in chef's whites coming out of Circles.

I ask him what's going on over there. He said the front menu has been overhauled and that the back is going to open as a steakhouse (they're hoping for Sept) - same management but totally different (upscale) menu.

I start probing more about Circles - he said they tried changing the menu right away and a bunch of old-school regulars (read: cops/firefighters, middle-class long-time PS/WT inhabitants) went ballistic.

So, he left most of the menu items there but reworked the recipes. Then he added some new stuff (fancier salads, etc.) and wants to add upscale burgers (tuna, etc.), and then continue to make gradual changes

I tell him about my bad experience eating there and say "I had a caesar salad there that tasted like iceburg lettuce, Pepperidge farm croutons and bottled dressing and I never went back".

Him: "You wrote our Citysearch review, didn't you?"

Hahahahah. Yep. Busted.

I told him that I would write a new one if I came back and found an improvement.

He said he used to work at Rosa Mexicana (which I love) and some other places that I know, so I'm hoping he's gonna make some good changes. Nice guy - introduced himself, told me to have somebody tell him if I was in the restaurant so that I'd be happy with my meal, etc.

That corner is just begging for a good place to eat before a movie.

Comments

• ah-ha. next time anyone goes to circles
    just tell them you're flexichick :D
  • quijibo wrote: ah-ha. next time anyone goes to circles
    Yep. That and 5 bucks might get you a beer or something :lol:
  • The back is going to be an upscale steakhouse? I resent having to walk past poor people on the way to my meal. I certainly hope there will be a sturdy barrier!
  • linusvanpelt wrote: The back is going to be an upscale steakhouse? I resent having to walk past poor people on the way to my meal. I certainly hope there will be a sturdy barrier!
    ahahaha, this made me laugh...
  • quijibo wrote: ah-ha. next time anyone goes to circles
    that should get you super discounts from most places;).
  • i KNEW they were trying to fuck with us by pretending to change into a different place.

i won't go there. NO I WON'T
  • kosherdave wrote: [quote=linusvanpelt]The back is going to be an upscale steakhouse? I resent having to walk past poor people on the way to my meal. I certainly hope there will be a sturdy barrier!
    ahahaha, this made me laugh...

ha! Two seperate entrances, names, etc......but same mgmt.

I will try it only because the chef was really nice and didn't get offended when I said the food used to suck. He didn't deny it........plus, I like the food where he used to work before
  • That's hilarious!

Now try saying this out loud three times:

If Circles serves sorry caesar salads, Citysearch scorn saying Circles sucks serves Circles right!
This discussion has been closed.