Found 6/4 -- Old lady is missing - SOS
  • Dear Neighbors - the police have issued a "Silver Alert" for my friend's mother, who has been missing since Monday morning. Please keep your eyes peeled and spread the news?

Silver Alert issued 6/4/14 at 12:08 AM. NYPD has issued a Silver Alert
    for the disappearance of Jane Kerina, female, black, 82 years of age,
    from Eastern Parkway and Washington Avenue in Brooklyn. Ms. Kerina
    suffers from dementia and is described as 5'6" tall and weighing 160
    pounds. She was last seen at 11:00 AM Monday, 6/2, at her friend's
    residence wearing black pants, black sneakers, and a green sweater. If
    you see Ms. Kerina, please call 911. A photo is attached.

The sender included the following attachment:

https://phx-attachments.sendwordnow.com/Attachments.aspx?token=021a8c83-ea13-4e55-9a2b-29ce122a9cf0

Date: June 4, 2014 at 12:14:54 AM EDT
    To: <Kakunakerina@Gmail.com>
    Subject: Notify NYC - Silver Alert
    Reply-To: PHX-gwb@sendwordnow.com

Silver Alert issued 6/4/14 at 12:08 AM. NYPD has issued a Silver Alert
    for the disappearance of Jane Kerina, female, black, 82 years of age,
    from Eastern Parkway and Washington Avenue in Brooklyn. Ms. Kerina
    suffers from dementia and is described as 5'6" tall and weighing 160
    pounds. She was last seen at 11:00 AM Monday, 6/2, at her friend's
    residence wearing black pants, black sneakers, and a green sweater. If
    you see Ms. Kerina, please call 911. A photo is attached.

The sender included the following attachment:

https://phx-attachments.sendwordnow.com/Attachments.aspx?token=021a8c83-ea13-4e55-9a2b-29ce122a9cf0

The sender provided the following contact information.

Sender's Name: Notify NYC

Sender's Email: notifynyc@oem.nyc.gov

Sender's Contact Phone: 2126399675

• Hello neighbors, I don't know how to make the attached photo visible, nor if I should post separately to different neighborhood boards.

Jane Karina, 82-yr old lovely black lady, was last seen in green sweater, black pants on Eastern Parkway near Washington Ave - she has lived on Eastern Parkway across from the Museum for decades.

It's a terrible thing - we are hoping that maybe she is with some people who don't realize that her family has no idea where she is. Very upsetting. Call 911 if you think you see her please.
  • Little blue icon, top left.

• Thank you whynot_31, it looks like you did it for me? sorry I'm technologically confused, so distressed
  • Yes, very stressful. I once worked at residence and one of our clients disappeared. We all knew him well, and lost sleep for couple of days.

He ultimately showed up at a nearby hospital with a broken leg. He had wandered into traffic, and been hit. ...but was ok, and returned to the residence with a cast and an increase in his psychotropic meds.

We had a "welcome back" dinner for him.
  • Wow what a story! Thanks for sharing it. Oy.
  • I hope your friend's mother is found safe and sound, and very soon! You may also want to join NextDoor.com is you haven't already and post it there as well.
  • You may also want to join NextDoor.com is you haven't already and post it there as well.

Here's a sign-up link:

• thanks everyone for suggestions and kind wishes
  • I'll keep her and her family/friends in my prayers. Can you tell us if there are ways people can volunteer to help, by putting up flyers, or joining a search party, etc? Also, can you please post here when she is found? Thank you.
  • She was found!! Safe and sound. Big thanks to everyone who reposted.
  • Great news.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook