new cafe on PPW ?!? — Brooklynian

new cafe on PPW ?!?

I was just emptying my dryer at Yee's Laundromat on PPW between Prospect Ave and 17th Street and noticed that the space right next door--which has been undergoing renovs for the past month or so-- had their doors open.

I peered inside the bright white, french-like doors and spotted nice hardwood floors, small marble-topped tables, a giant copper cappuccino maker or something. Looks like it will be a cafe of sorts. From what I can tell, it looks like it wont be another CT Muff place and should add something new to the neighb.

There was a carpenter taking a break on the street and I inquired about the place but he didn't know when it will open.

Hurry and open soon!

Comments

• It is called Dice "cuisine". What is it? It was open tonight.
  • It is called Dice "cuisine". What is it? It was open tonight.
  • It's Thai. I just picked up a menu on Saturday. Didn't try it, though
  • It's Thai. I just picked up a menu on Saturday. Didn't try it, though
  • Flexichick wrote: It's Thai. I just picked up a menu on Saturday. Didn't try it, though
    No, Dice is the thrice renamed Thai place. It used to be Tookata then it was something else. Now it is Dice. (It was decent as Tookata and the other name. Have not been there since the Dice.)

Anyway, the new cafe place is the storefront with the bright white wooden doors btwn the laundromat and the sushi place.
  • Flexichick wrote: It's Thai. I just picked up a menu on Saturday. Didn't try it, though
    No, Dice is the thrice renamed Thai place. It used to be Tookata then it was something else. Now it is Dice. (It was decent as Tookata and the other name. Have not been there since the Dice.)

Anyway, the new cafe place is the storefront with the bright white wooden doors btwn the laundromat and the sushi place.
  • i liked tookata. maybe this change has something to do with the fire?
  • lanciano wrote: [quote=Flexichick]It's Thai. I just picked up a menu on Saturday. Didn't try it, though

Hmmm...I'll have to go back and look again. I had never noticed Dice before, so I thought that it was "the new place"
This discussion has been closed.