Time for a new bike — Brooklynian

Time for a new bike

I'm hitting that age where one of my knees is dodgy and soon my hips and probably the rest of my body is going to fall apart. I'm going to buy a hybrid bike. I've narrowed it down to a Janis, probably an Aragon or a Trek 7200.

I will probably visit Dixons to check out the Janis and NOT R&A, but rather Sixth Avenue Bikes near my office to check out the Trek.

Any opinions on the bikes, if you have them and which is better? I don't know much about Hybrids.

The biggest difference that I can find online is that the Trek has a Suspension Fork and the Jamis a Fixed Fork. What does this mean?

Thanks!

Comments

• I'm not expert of bikes, but fixed forks are the ones that you're probably used to seeing. Suspension forks, on the other hand, literally have ssuspension springs mounted in them. They give a cushioned ride over rough terrain.
  • Guvna wrote: I'm not expert of bikes, but fixed forks are the ones that you're probably used to seeing. Suspension forks, on the other hand, literally have ssuspension springs mounted in them. They give a cushioned ride over rough terrain.
    Hmmm. Springs sound nice. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.