26th and 4th avenue...overpriced condo unit coming soon?? - Brooklynian

26th and 4th avenue...overpriced condo unit coming soon??

I notice the long-time abandoned Amoco station next to the little supermarket on Fourth and 26th has been newly boarded up and bulldozed. In accordance with the new constructs all along 4th avenue stretching down starting at Flatbush, it seems every parcel of empty land is being turned into something new, mostly overpriced condo units. Does anyone know if this is the case for that lot as well? I would imagine so.

Comments

• you mean 25th, across from the greenhouse? on 26th it's the bakery
  • woops I meant fourth between 25th and 26th.
  • Yeah, right next to the National. I'd love to know what's going there. At least they removed the eyesore that was that gas station, too. There's also something going up right around the corner on 26th next to Taste of China that keeps getting taller and taller.
  • I'm curious, too. The building on the south side of 26th itself will be an office building - it will probably end up looking like a taller version of the aluminium-business building on the north side of that street.

I don't know much about the space on 4th. That stretch of 4th is zoned manufacturing, so unless there's been an application for a zoning variance it's probably not going to end up as condos. I've poked around some of the online sources (e.g. DOB) but haven't found anything useful. Maybe the owners are just clearing the land to prepare for a re-sale?
  • Subject: Corner of 26th Street and 4th Avenue

"supposedly" I heard that an Apple Bank and a Hotel on top are suppoed to go there... HA.
  • Subject: sheesh!

Not what we need...I'd love to see a Duane Reade go up on the ground floor and maybe affordable housing above it. A Hotel in this neighborhood? it's not exactly scenic...yet. Maybe they're ahead of the coming curve.
  • i second the need for a Duane Reade (or whichever chain drugstore you prefer).
  • I would prefer a CVS but either way we definitely need a drugstore over in these parts.
  • Unless they goto the BSA for a variance (which they might after Sunset Park gets rezoned), then its M1-3 and a brown field. So no new condos anytime soon folks. Perhaps another gas station?

We certainly need one since all the others have gone the way of the condo :)

PS. National is expanding after switch in ownership, adding a second story and storage. Time frame: TBD.
  • Subject: THE LATEST

I heard it's going to be a Holiday Inn Express, just like the one on Union Street... HA
  • i'm psyched that National is expanding-- we could use a larger supermarket around here. but if only the new owner would get rid of the cat-litter-box smell...
  • jane_birkin wrote: i'm psyched that National is expanding-- we could use a larger supermarket around here. but if only the new owner would get rid of the cat-litter-box smell...
    National sorta has the whole area by the "nuts" because it's the only supermarket in the area...I wish it were bought and expanded by a major chain like C-Town Keyfood, Shoprite etc so that it'd look a little nicer and cleaner and expand their food selection to include organic products and a better fruit/vegetable section. Right now it's kinda "bootleg."
  • jane_birkin wrote: i'm psyched that National is expanding-- we could use a larger supermarket around here. but if only the new owner would get rid of the cat-litter-box smell...
    National sorta has the whole area by the "nuts" because it's the only supermarket in the area...I wish it were bought and expanded by a major chain like C-Town Keyfood, Shoprite etc so that it'd look a little nicer and cleaner and expand their food selection to include organic products and a better fruit/vegetable section. Right now it's kinda "bootleg."
  • It has gotten SO MUCH BETTER in the past few years. Currently they are expanding and going up a floor. The new owner sees the needs of the neighborhood are expanding, so their offerings should do so as well. But I still hope I can shop for a burrito dinner for two for under $8! :)
  • It has gotten SO MUCH BETTER in the past few years. Currently they are expanding and going up a floor. The new owner sees the needs of the neighborhood are expanding, so their offerings should do so as well. But I still hope I can shop for a burrito dinner for two for under $8! :)
This discussion has been closed.