CANNOT CONNECT TO DATABASE — Brooklynian

CANNOT CONNECT TO DATABASE

edited 9:42AM in Site Issues
I'm getting a lot of CANNOT CONNECT TO DATABASE errors lately. They usually go away after a few minutes.

FYI.

I'll try to remember to post the exact message into here. I dunno if anyone else is getting this too.

Comments

• yep.

about what time of day are you getting the messages? that would be helpful to know.
  • I got a few this afternoon.
  • I'll try to be a good Brooklynian and pay closer attention.

:mrgreen:
  • Just got it for a minute or so.

Heres the message:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
  • Got one just now, same error as quoth The Carny above.
  • The webhost was queried about this Wednesday. They said the server went unresponsive and they rebooted.
  • just got a bunch of these
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@brooklynian.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.brooklynian.com Port 80
  • Just got a minute or so of

• daver wrote: Just got a minute or so of

i did, too, about five minutes ago
  • Just got a minute or so of

edit: Interesting. Same time to the minute that I got it exactly a week ago. Coincidence?
  • Smores just now, a minute or so, I guess.
  • phpBB : Critical Error

More, currently, intermittent.
  • I've been getting fucktons of these the last week or so, but haven't bothered to post it. Sorry. Just now got a good one that I haven't seen before though:
    General Error

Could not insert search results

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '658188294' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_results (search_id, session_id, search_time, search_array) VALUES(658188294, '76ae3ab67b544711adda749cc2c82b81', 1213616438, 'a:7:{s:14:"search_results";s:26:"43254, 43271, 43272, 43275";s:17:"total_match_count";i:4;s:12:"split_search";N;s:7:"sort_by";i:0;s:8:"sort_dir";s:4:"DESC";s:12:"show_results";s:6:"topics";s:12:"return_chars";i:200;}')

Line : 707
    File : search.php
  • I've been getting fucktons of these the last week or so, but haven't bothered to post it. Sorry. Just now got a good one that I haven't seen before though:
    General Error

Could not insert search results

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '658188294' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_results (search_id, session_id, search_time, search_array) VALUES(658188294, '76ae3ab67b544711adda749cc2c82b81', 1213616438, 'a:7:{s:14:"search_results";s:26:"43254, 43271, 43272, 43275";s:17:"total_match_count";i:4;s:12:"split_search";N;s:7:"sort_by";i:0;s:8:"sort_dir";s:4:"DESC";s:12:"show_results";s:6:"topics";s:12:"return_chars";i:200;}')

Line : 707
    File : search.php
  • I just got one...

This only happens when I use IE, never happens when I use Firefox
  • I just got one...

This only happens when I use IE, never happens when I use Firefox
  • I've definitely gotten that one on Firefox and Opera.

And I can't quote because I broke this thread's right side with my quote above.

Do I get extra points for breaking a thread about broken stuff?

• I've definitely gotten that one on Firefox and Opera.

And I can't quote because I broke this thread's right side with my quote above.

Do I get extra points for breaking a thread about broken stuff?

• I know you did something with the database yesterday DH, so I thought I would mention that I just got one of these (CANNOT CONNECT TO DATABASE) again. It wasn't persistent though.
  • I know you did something with the database yesterday DH, so I thought I would mention that I just got one of these (CANNOT CONNECT TO DATABASE) again. It wasn't persistent though.
  • Thanks. CANNOT CONNECT usually and commonly happens at high server load.
    "Cannot insert search results" was a new one and hopefully the database repair worked.

Hey look, this page is broken!
  • Thanks. CANNOT CONNECT usually and commonly happens at high server load.
    "Cannot insert search results" was a new one and hopefully the database repair worked.

Hey look, this page is broken!
This discussion has been closed.