Guinness Foreign Extra Stout - Brooklynian

Guinness Foreign Extra Stout

edited 11:51AM in Brooklyn Booze
In a bottle. Not the regular Guinness Extra Stout commonly available in bodegas here. These bottles are taller and shaped different and are 7.5% alcohol instead of the lame 3.75 % of these american ones. This is the Guinness that is sold in the Caribbean. Has anyone seen anyone anywhere in Brooklyn selling it? I am having serious withdrawal...

Comments

• Sorry no idea, but I do suggest you give Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout a try, if you haven't yet. I have no idea if it is readily available this time of year though, I think they only make it in winter.
  • Yeah I have tried that stout. Its ok. Not like Foreign Extra Guinnesss though.
  • Check Bierkraft or Eagle Provisions (both in PS, although some consider Eagle's location to be Sunset Park).
  • Flexichick wrote: Check Bierkraft or Eagle Provisions (both in PS, although some consider Eagle's location to be Sunset Park).
    Thank you for the effort but sadly they both only carry those damn cans.

I am going to have to go on a beer hunt in Flatbush...
  • If you happen to locate it let us know where, I'm intrigued by this Guinness you speak of. Also +1 for Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. Goes killer with cake!
  • the american extra stout is also high alcohol, it's just been a lot harder to find since they came out with the "draught" bottles of the regular stout a few years ago. if you feel like traveling i'm sure this place at 4th and 37th has it but i'd call ahead since they sometimes have odd hours.

http://www.eastcoastbeerdistributors.com/
  • username wrote: the american extra stout is also high alcohol, it's just been a lot harder to find since they came out with the "draught" bottles of the regular stout a few years ago. if you feel like traveling i'm sure this place at 4th and 37th has it but i'd call ahead since they sometimes have odd hours.

thanks i will check them. but the american extra stout is sadly only a measly 3.75 % alcohol.
  • example:
    (nods to google)

• what does the regular extra stout look like? I'll keep an eye out if I can spot the difference
  • Flexichick wrote: what does the regular extra stout look like? I'll keep an eye out if I can spot the difference
    The regular one is in a shorter, er, stouter bottle.
  • [quote=jeffrey]example:
    (nods to google)

Good looks Jeffrey. Thanx!
  • Also brewed in St. Kitts and other islands, according to de wehb.
  • jeffrey wrote: Also brewed in St. Kitts and other islands, according to de wehb.
    yeah it is. i telling you the island ones are MUCH BETTER!
    I KNOW some lil West Indian shops on Nostrand or Utica or out in Flatbush must have it. I just gotta pound the pavement to find it...
    I love to go eat at Veggie Castle on Church so I think I will make a day of it. Go eat and wander around and find my Guinness!
  • I love to go eat at Veggie Castle on Church so I think I will make a day of it.
    Is Veggie Castle still open? I thought they closed down a while ago. Let me know because I LOVED that place.
  • mixergirl wrote: I love to go eat at Veggie Castle on Church so I think I will make a day of it.
    Is Veggie Castle still open? I thought they closed down a while ago. Let me know because I LOVED that place.
    It closed for good Christmas of last year, to the best of my knowledge. I think there is one in Queens still though.
  • daver wrote: [quote=mixergirl]I love to go eat at Veggie Castle on Church so I think I will make a day of it.
    It closed for good Christmas of last year, to the best of my knowledge. I think there is one in Queens still though.
    Damn that sucks. That place was amazing.
  • fivefifths wrote: [quote=username]the american extra stout is also high alcohol, it's just been a lot harder to find since they came out with the "draught" bottles of the regular stout a few years ago. if you feel like traveling i'm sure this place at 4th and 37th has it but i'd call ahead since they sometimes have odd hours.

thanks i will check them. but the american extra stout is sadly only a measly 3.75 % alcohol.

that's the draught one in the taller bottles. the extra stout in the stubby bottles is 6%..unless they changed it recently..still a bit below the foreign, though.

agreed about veggie castle. damn shame.

post where you find the foreign extra (assuming you are able to find it), i'm curious how different it is from the one i'm thinking of.
This discussion has been closed.