Any Good Shows/Live music? — Brooklynian

Any Good Shows/Live music?

Are there any good shows (indie. folk. punk. hardcore. etc.) going on in the berg? / What bars are good for this kind of live music?

Comments

• MGMT played for free today at McCarren Park. check out www.jellynyc.com for all their upcoming pool parties and such. Trash Bar has live shows often, sometimes there's good bands playing but their drinks are pricey. If you're down to hop the 61 up to Greenpoint, Lost & Found (one of my fav bars) plays awesome music and has free punk shows every now and again. Oh and sometimes there's shows in the basement of The Charleston on Bedford. Saw Modern Life Is War (RIP) there a while back.
  • I saw MLIW with Converge when I was back home about a year ago.

Thats good to know those places exist. It's hard figuring out which bars etc. are the places that you'd like unless you know they are there.
  • yea its kinda just a trial and error deal. there's lotsa great bars and lotsa horrible ones to. i recommend very much avoiding that "beer garden" on N3rd and Berry. Instead pop across the street to The Levee, order yourself a sportsman and a frito pie, set up a Jenga tower and throw some Hank Williams on the jukebox.
  • spent my birthday at the levee. best decision ever.
  • b-rock wrote: spent my birthday at the levee. best decision ever.
    Probably cause it's the best bar ever :wink:

I should really pay half my rent to them.

*edit. SECOND. though it will be #1 if Lost & Found goes to shite with the new owners.
  • rtraindweller wrote: [quote=b-rock]spent my birthday at the levee. best decision ever.
    Probably cause it's the best bar ever :wink:

I should really pay half my rent to them.

*edit. SECOND. though it will be #1 if Lost & Found goes to shite with the new owners.

haha. we go to all the same places, it cracks me up to think we've probably sat by eachother several times, or i probably even had a drunk conversation with you at some point.

(btw, my buddy used to be the bar manager at lulu's and he's going to be bartending there even after the new management... so... my hopes is it's not that bad).
  • That brings my nervous soul to a rest about the future of L&F!

And yea we very well might have! I'll wear my avatar on my collar next time I'm at Levee. Which is tonight. Cause I live there.
  • i'm supposed to meet up with my friend tonight after a movie. perhaps we'll go there. if i do make it, unfortunately i'll be sans avatar.
  • I will be as well. It'd be kinda weird to walk around with a small picture of David Boring pinned to my shirt collar (or would it?). Oh well, 45 more minutes til I am out of work and on my way to a night of Sportsmen and Frito Pie!
This discussion has been closed.