ANOTHER club exit shooting??? — Brooklynian

ANOTHER club exit shooting???

wow! i get to be the first one to post about this one too!

okay so last night i had locked myself out of my apartment and at around one or so i was walking back from my friends house with her copy of my keys. i noticed that there were a lot of sort of thugged out dudes and women wearing, like, just a strip of leather across their boobs. walking up and down the street, and i just remember thinking, oh good, i have a set of keys now and don't have to be stuck out here. "crazy club exit"....

but then at 3 i was lying in bed half asleep and i heard a series of three loud shots, followed by screaming and general noise. i saw a few heads looking out of windows, and i looked outside too, but made eye contact with some scary looking dude and quickly shut the window again. no cops were showing up, and i was PRETTY sure it had been gunfire i'd heard, so i called the cops. i don't know if they ever showed up or what, i fell asleep.

at 4 or so (i think) i heard another shot. more screaming. and this time the cops showed up immediately. lots of yelling. i was trying to sleep, because i have to work early today... so it's sort of like it was a dream. i'd like to know if anyone knows what happened. this club is totally out of control. obviously.

Comments

• Subject: Club Exit

I couldn't believe this, either, especially since after the community meeting, things had been relatively quiet at Club Exit.

I live almost directly next to the club and woke up around 4 to probably 6 loud shots. The last time this happened, it was apparent that it was gunshots, but this time I wasn't so sure, so I didn't call the police. But I did glance outside and saw tons of thuggish looking people in the street and police cars driving up and down with their sirens on, but there didn't seem to be any hurry to break this group up.

Right now (10:45 Saturday morning), there are probably 7 policeman, some from the emergency unit, right outside discussing something.

I'll be interested to see what the community reaction is. Club Exit is always an annoying fact of life with the noise and crowds, but two shootings this year is unacceptable.

Anyone else have information about what happened?
  • Subject: Re: ANOTHER club exit shooting???

gavenue wrote: women wearing, like, just a strip of leather across their boobs. walking up and down the street.
    How wide was that strip of leather? :^o Just want to get the facts straight.
  • i was up the block on franklin and greenpoint when it happened. a friend of mine who was waiting for the 61 was there when the shots happened. said him and everyone on the street hit the ground as a buncha shots went off and people started running. he came running back to where we were hangin' and had never looked so terrified in his life. when i was walking home later there was a lot of people still on Manhattan (I guess the thuggish ones from Exit?) yelling shit at cops and trying to "intimidate" me and other people walking down the street. Hopefully nobody was hurt in all this.
  • Subject: greenpoint shots

I live on Kent Street and also heard the same shots at 3 and then at 4. I had to leave my apartment at 4. There were lots of people around trying to hail cabs. When I made a right turn on McGuinness there were 4 boys with 4 policeman at the corner of McGuinness and Greenpoint Ave. Don't know if they were directly related but thought I'd let you know the little that I saw.
    Guns are a huge problem with no solution. The need to feel respected, powerful and immortal.
  • I just called the precinct and they said they received a call this morning and they found shell casings and a jeep that matched the description with blood in it at 77th (not sure what that means) but don't know anything else.
  • Where is Club Exit?
  • on Greenpoint Ave btw Manhattan and Leonard
  • that fucking club actually has the audacity to be open RIGHT NOW, less than 24 hours after the shooting. full stream of obnoxious people and everything. i walk my dog down the street after a weekend of those scumbags hanging around my block and i cant go two steps without having to pull some nasty chicken bone out of her mouth. the kind of filth this club attracts to our neighborhood has no self respect- and none for anybody else, either.

can we do something about it?
  • With reference to 77. It is Precinct 77 in Crown Heights.

As far as doing anything about it, we should attend the community board meetings. I think the website that lists more details is
    http://cb1brooklyn.org/index.htm or do a search for Brooklyn Community Board.

I read in another blog several months ago that the police are paid off by the club but I do not know this first hand.
  • Yes, I am going to the next CB mtg. I live on Greenpoint just E of McGuiness and heard the first 3 and the last 4 shots. It's really creepy sometime outside that club.
  • http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/precincts/precinct_094.shtml

another website posted a link and stated that the 94th Precinct has meetings the third Monday of every month.
  • Neighbors Allied for Good Growth is also holding a community meeting for Williamsburg/Greenpoint on Thursday evening at the Holy Ghost Hall basement on N 5th btw Bedford and Driggs. This is something to bring up.

http://www.nag-brooklyn.org/
  • i asked a police friend about this situation,he told me the situation was kids shooting in the air while driving in a car,it happened on kent ave,mcguiness ave, the hess station and near exit. as far as blood and shell casings and abandoned car,thats just the old ladies talking on the street. the last 2 saturdays have been the usual polish crowd,and this past friday it seemed open,but not that many people hanging out, maybe 5 on the street smoking in front.
  • how come nobody posted about the kid that was stabbed across his throat from ear to ear at the other place europa? happened about 4 weeks ago. there were helicopters with searchlights and everything! like east L.A. supposedly it was a hip hop latin night. apparently the one kid didnt want to pay the admission,got loud,and got into an argument inside the doorway,and one of the guys hanging out at the party slashed him. this is right next to the 94 pct no less. and even funnier, they've been having hip hop/latin parties all summer.
    maybe i missed it,i would have liked to hear those comments.or you people posting dont live close enough to europa so dont care what goes on there.
  • The old ladies didn't tell me about the shell casings and blood found in the jeep, it was an officer from the 94 pct. when I called.

I clearly do not think that the reason why the Europa incident wasn't mentioned was not because people don't care what goes on there but because we didn't hear about it.
  • I didn't hear about the slashing either. I don't live anywhere near Exit or Europa, I care about what goes on anywhere in the neighborhood.
  • iliveingreenpoint wrote: The old ladies didn't tell me about the shell casings and blood found in the jeep, it was an officer from the 94 pct. when I called.

I clearly do not think that the reason why the Europa incident wasn't mentioned was not because people don't care what goes on there but because we didn't hear about it.
    i find it a little hard to believe that they would offer that information over the phone to a stranger. but hey, maybe they did...and if it is true,hopefully the idiot shot himself.
  • If I was making that up, it would have been a little bit more creative than that.
  • i remember seeing the searchlights a month ago and never hearing anything about what happened.

this is ridiculous.
  • I wish these cb meetings were on weekends. I don't get home from work til they're probably over...
  • Now that I read that, my roommate told me about the helicopters and searchlights. We live about a block from Europa but I wasn't home that night. She asked me the next day if I'd heard or seen anything but it apparently was all over by the time I came home (probably 5 or 6 am, but I don't remember that specifically).

As for why it's not getting attention, probably just because hearing a helicopter doesn't alarm people as much as hearing gunshots does. After the Club Exit incident, people were trying to find out what the shots they heard were about. Most people who heard the helicopter(s) after the Europa incident probably didn't even remember it the next day.

On top of that, some drunk guy getting into a skirmish at a club and getting hurt isn't that out of the ordinary, and more importantly it doesn't present a threat to uninvolved people sitting in their homes or walking nearby. Gunfire does.
  • bleibtreu wrote:
    On top of that, some drunk guy getting into a skirmish at a club and getting hurt isn't that out of the ordinary, and more importantly it doesn't present a threat to uninvolved people sitting in their homes or walking nearby. Gunfire does.
    Factzilla right there.
  • These clubs are nothing but trouble. There used to be a club called Blagio's on Queens Blvd in Woodside,it was shut down after somebody got shot over a dispute over a double parked car. I could never get a good nigths sleep on Friday and Saturday nights,these low lifes screaming at 4:00am(I lived just a couple of blocks away from the club). They played mainly hip hop,salsa music over there.

:roll:
  • pretty funny if you ask me, while you people are busy worried about closing down neighborhood bars,there's a big drug ring going on right on your doorstep....lol
    just ask for some hot kielbasa and get some cocaine! perfect....
  • I'd much rather have cocaine than guns in my neighborhood. I'm not "worried" about closing down neighborhood bars, I'm worried about people (including me) getting shot.
    I'm surprised you find gun violence funny.
  • bknuckle wrote: I'd much rather have cocaine than guns in my neighborhood. I'm not "worried" about closing down neighborhood bars, I'm worried about people (including me) getting shot.
    I'm surprised you find gun violence funny.
    ummm,oh yeah,because drug dealers dont associate with people with guns.
    and i dont think gun violence is funny at all, the whole drama is pretty much about bringing black kids into greenpoint. and from what i hear they had a big meeting last week & there not allowed to have any parties with black people involved in europa or exit anymore. so everyone can sleep peacefully once again. it'll just be the drug dealing polish & dominicans...lol

this mess also just happened with a club over in middle village,on metropolitan ave & 80th, 2 weeks ago. same hip hop crowd.theyve been warned also.no more blacks.
  • chemikal wrote: and from what i hear they had a big meeting last week & there not allowed to have any parties with black people involved in europa or exit anymore.
    From what you hear? Ah, a credible source. Who "had a big meeting?"
    chemikal wrote: this mess also just happened with a club over in middle village,on metropolitan ave & 80th, 2 weeks ago. same hip hop crowd.theyve been warned also.no more blacks.
    There's a perfect two-letter answer to this: B.S.
    chemikal wrote: pretty funny if you ask me, while you people are busy worried about closing down neighborhood bars,there's a big drug ring going on right on your doorstep..
    What does one have to do with the other? Only one law can be enforced at a time?
    chemikal wrote: just ask for some hot kielbasa and get some cocaine! perfect....
    Like many other people, you've been confused by one small detail of this story that the press has decided to sensationalize. It was not the case that someone could walk into the place and ask for "hot kielbasa" and walk out with drugs. The market was a storage and distribution point; the term "hot kielbasa" was what the operators used when talking about their activities over the phone. Everyone involved in that kind of business does something similar; no one uses the actual words for drugs, or weights or counts.

Just the other night I walked by a guy talking on the phone saying that he only has "50-cent CDs right now." Think he was really selling compact disks?
  • bleibtreu-thank you for posting what I was thinking.
  • cops are parked in front of club exit tonight and the crowd really is a little quieter than usual.

i guess i'll weigh in on the arguments being started by chemikal and say that i too certainly do care about what goes on down by europa, and anywhere else, when innocent people's lives are at stake. it's just that i don't live down by that end, and didn't get woken up at four in the morning by the noise. by posting about this incident, i feel that i am simply reporting on what i heard and saw because i was a witness and i am being a responsible resident of greenpoint avenue. i also call 911 whenever i see a dude that looks like he might hit his girlfriend. these are small ways to stick up for others who are in danger. just because i don't know about hot kielbasa and helicopters on meserole doesn't mean i should be criticized for mentioning something scary that affects me and my neighbors.
This discussion has been closed.