7-Eleven in Bed Stuy — Brooklynian

7-Eleven in Bed Stuy

The BP gas station and convenience store on Atlantic Avenue and Brooklyn is going to close and be replaced by... A 7-Eleven! I liked the BP okay, but I look forward to slurpees from the new store.

Comments

• YES!!!!!! i have no shame, i am really excited for slurpees. over the summer a couple times, my roommates and i may or may not have driven to queens for some slurpee goodness...
  • when I see 7-11's it always reminds me of growing up in the suburbs
  • Boygabriel wrote: when I see 7-11's it always reminds me of growing up in the suburbs
    There are 60 7-Elevens located throughout the 5 boroughs, and that doesn't include 4 currently under construction. I would say it's no longer a "suburban" thing. :)
  • Is 60 a big number or small? I remember "Wawa's". But not fondly.
  • It's a small number when you look at the large area of New York City, but it's a large number when I keep hearing people say, "I never saw any 7-Elevens in NYC", or "it reminds me of the suburbs".

BTW, what's wrong with Wawas? The ones they have built in recent years are large, clean, and have reasonably priced gasoline.
  • Wawas are awesome. There used to be one a few towns over from where I grew up in Jersey but it closed. Quick Chek was our store of choice though. Awesome coffee there. I gotta say though my favorite of those convenience stores is the ever mighty Sheetz, primarily found in PA. Their MTO menu is like a touchscreen to food on the go heaven.
  • I guess my memories of Wawas have more to do with being a teenager in New Haven CT than with the store itself. Nuf said...
  • Yes, the Wawas in Connecticut were kind of small and dingy. They pulled out of that state back in the 90's sometime, and they all became Krauzsers. Not an upgrade, believe me.

Sheetz is getting a bit closer to New Jersey. The nearest one is in Bethlehem, Pa. On Schoenersville Road, about 1/2 mile north of Route 22.
  • mcmannors wrote: [quote=Boygabriel]when I see 7-11's it always reminds me of growing up in the suburbs
    There are 60 7-Elevens located throughout the 5 boroughs, and that doesn't include 4 currently under construction. I would say it's no longer a "suburban" thing. :)

where!? I've been here 10 years and the only I know is in midtown.
  • There's a 7-11 on 65th St. by the police station in Bay Ridge-ish.
  • Boygabriel wrote: [quote=mcmannors][quote=Boygabriel]when I see 7-11's it always reminds me of growing up in the suburbs

where!? I've been here 10 years and the only I know is in midtown.

Ok, here we go:

Manhattan:
    1) 140 Church Street
    2) 23rd Street & Park Ave South
    3) 42nd between 8th & 9th Aves
    4) 3rd Ave & 82nd Street
    5) York ave & 84th Street

Brooklyn:
    1) 4th Ave & 89 Street (Bay Ridge)
    2) 3rd Ave & 65th Street (Bay Ridge)
    3) 5th Ave & 13 Street (Park Slope)
    4) 65th Street & New Utrecht Ave (Boro Pk-Bay Ridge)
    5) 20th Ave & 65th Street (Bensonhurst)
    6) Ave U & West 8th Street (Gravesend)
    7) Ave M & East 17th Street (Midwood)
    8 ) Nostrand Ave & Ave T (Marine Pk)
    9) Nostrand Ave & Ave Y (Sheepshead Bay)
    10) Knapp Street & Voorhees Ave (Sheepshead bay)
    11) Utica Ave & Ave O (Flatlands)
    12) Ralph Ave & Ave J (Flatlands)
    !3) Coney Island Ave near Ave Z (Sheepshead Bay)
    14) Kings Hway & Coney Island Ave (Midwood)

Queens:
    1) Thomson Ave LIC
    2) 30th Ave Astoria
    3) Northern Blvd 7 79th Street Jackson Heights
    4) Astoria Blvd East Elmhurst
    5) Corona Ave Corona
    6) Fresh Pond Rd Ridgewood
    7) Myrtle Ave Ridgewood
    8 ) Myrtle Ave Glendale
    9) Elliot Ave Middle Village
    10)Queens Blvd Woodside
    11) Queens Blvd Forest Hills
    12) Metropolitan Ave Forest Hills
    13) Lefferts Blvd Kew Gardens
    14) Woodhaven Blvd Rego Pk
    15) Cross Bay Blvd Howard Beach
    16) Liberty Ave Richmond Hill
    17) Main Street Kew Gardens Hills
    18 ) Union Turnpike Utopia
    19) 46th Ave Flushing
    20) Northern Blvd East Flushing
    21) Northern Blvd Auburndale
    22) Northern Blvd Bayside
    23) Bell Blvd Bayside
    24) Cross Island Pkway Bayside
    25) Northern Blvd Little Neck
    26) Francis Lewis Blvd South Bayside
    27) College Point Blvd College Point
    28 ) 14th Ave College Point
    29) 14th Ave Whitestone
    30) Hillside Ave Floral Park

Bronx:
    1) Grand Concourse & 149th Street
    2) Leggett Ave & Garrison Ave
    3) Hutchinson River Pkway & Westchester Ave
    4) Westchester Ave & Wilkinson Ave
    5) Boston Rd & Eastchester Road

Staten Island:
    1) Victory Blvd near Bradley Ave
    2) Forest Ave near Decker Ave
    3) Forest Ave at Jewett Ave
    4) Lincoln Ave at North Railroad Ave
    5) Hylan Blvd & New Dorp Lane

I guess you gotta get out more! :)
  • Right now they have no beer or cigarettes though. License revoked?
  • brooklynleather wrote: Right now they have no beer or cigarettes though. License revoked?
    Which location?

I never heard anything about cigarettes (unless a particular location sold to minors repeatedly), but in NYC, they used to not grant beer licenses to corporate stores. Meaning those locations that are run by 7-Eleven, and not a franchisee. I don't know the ownership status of the location in question. For example, the 7-Eleven on 4th Ave & 89 Street in Bay Ridge was a corporate store for a long time, and did not sell beer during that period. After it became franchised, they got the beer license and subsequently sold beer.
This discussion has been closed.