Renaissance Cafe on Bedford and Crown - Brooklynian

Renaissance Cafe on Bedford and Crown

The Renaissance Cafe is undergoing a renaissance (sorry). The place shut down about a month ago and was gutted. I have no idea what's going in, but I assume another cafe-type place based on what I've seen so far.

Danny Williams is/was the owner. He often indicated he'd sell the place if he had the right offer... i wonder if that finally happened... i don't see him around during the construction. He was there daily when they remodeled last year. Great guy BTW.

I'll post later with updates. I don't think many readers of this board are in the area, but, if you are please chime in.

Comments

• I live in that area.

Yeah, I thought the cafe had permanently closed (as another victim of this economy) but noticed that the gate was up the other day and peeked in: can't tell if they're still ripping stuff out or putting new stuff in.
  • I've only been there once, but it was yummy.
  • whynot_31 = shameless shill for Renaissance Cafe. You can't say you weren't warned.
  • It's true, I'm been waiting 1306 posts to tell the world about my ownership interest in Bedford Cafe.

...I would also compliment myself for having the courage to be the only good rest. on that area of Bedford
  • Nothing much to report... except for continued work. Hope the economy doesn't put a kink in all the development in the area.

I figure the Medgar Evers expansion should keep money flowing into the shops on Bedford.

On a side note, I heard that Crown St., between Bedford and Franklin, will be closed and turned into a pedestrian plaza (with landscaping) as part of the college expansion.
  • silverager wrote: whynot_31 = shameless shill for Renaissance Cafe. You can't say you weren't warned.
    Whynot is also a shill for how AWESOME I am.
  • Anastasia Beaverhausen wrote: [quote=silverager]whynot_31 = shameless shill for Renaissance Cafe. You can't say you weren't warned.
    Whynot is also a shill for how AWESOME I am.

...jeeze, you tell Ana happy birthday, and she stalks you on every thread.
  • Looks like it's going to be something called the College Deli... not too exciting but we shall see.
This discussion has been closed.