help friends in Williamsburg — Brooklynian

help friends in Williamsburg

Subject: from friends in Williamsburg

Please take a minute to help our friends in Williamsburg fight a massive over-development project that will destroy the unique character of Williamsburg.

http://welovecitycouncil.williamsburgwarriors.org

Hi,
There is one more vote before the City's disastrous re-zoning plan for
Williamsburg and Greenpoint is ratified. We have one last chance to
tell the City Council to Vote NO!
If you go to the following website: williamsburgwarriors.org
you will be able to send an e-mail to all 51 City Council members
with one click, letting them know that you oppose this re-zoning plan.
Please, please, please do this, and forward this to anyone you think
might care. The City Council represents all the boroughs, so the
people you forward this to don't have to live in Greenpoint or Williamsburg.
Thank You VERY Much,

Comments

• This petition doesnt state what the current zoning is and what the council is voting on and why it is bad. The website is typical williamsburg knucklehead.

I did sign the Pk Slope petition
  • I signed the Park Slope one, too. But Wiliiamsburg is going to have to come up with a really amazing reason as to why we should save it and also present documentation that proves it is even capable of being saved.
  • Here is what the people of Williamsburg are fighting for:

The Williamsburg Warriors were founded after discovering that most of the kids we knew and partied with here in Williamsburg have no idea what dastardly plans the developers have in store for the waterfront and surrounding terrain. First off, forty-story towers of "luxury" condo towers, a promenade on the water that wouldn't be 24-hour accessible by the public, far less open space than influx of new residents, an increase in the already skyrocketing housing costs, rezoning of the surrounding neighborhood so all the charming two and three story structures get bought, torn down, and replaced by 12 story monstrosities, the list goes on and on. And the only reason they're getting away with it is that we, the citizens, have not cared to be informed or involved enough in our community. Instead of running from hipsterville to hipsterville, once they become over-developed, expensive and homogenized, this is our chance to fight back. We can stop the historical low-income to artist to homogenized richies at the water. That's SOHO, it doesn't have to be us. We are fortunate. Marty Markovitz, the Borough President of Brooklyn, is more-or-less on our side. He believes in the beauty, creativity and uniqueness of brooklynites and realizes this is one of Brooklyn's most valuable strengths. He can be convinced. But we need to sway our city council. Make them realize what a special place this is, and how fragile it's symbiotic interrelationships are. Don't let the towers block our light. So let's dance and sing and pound on whatever's near and spread the message that we will not let this piece of something special go the way of greed. Mixed neighborhoods make better dance parties. Community gardens, open space, light and affordable housing make better neighborhoods
  • Marty Markovitz, the Borough President of Brooklyn, is more-or-less on our side. He believes in the beauty, creativity and uniqueness of brooklynites and realizes this is one of Brooklyn's most valuable strengths. He can be convinced.
    Are you kidding me, or being extremely sarcastic? Isn't Marty the one responsible for initiating and promoting the Ratner scam whilst ignoring the neighborhoods wishes? He's a bought and paid for puppet, Robert. He needs to get out of public office and start whoring out privately, and stop selling Brooklyn neighborhoods to the highest bidder. I don't even believe the real "Puca" wrote that.
  • I didn't write it I just copied it from their website. I was just trying to give info about the group.
    I totally agree with all of your statements.

The "real" Puca
This discussion has been closed.