New store on Vanderbilt - Brooklynian

New store on Vanderbilt

edited 1:23AM in Prospect Heights
In recent weeks the photo store on Vanderbilt btw Park and Prospect has been stripped bare and newspapers have gone up on the windows. This morning I noticed some Chinese workers doing construction work in the space. I stuck my head in and asked, "what's going here?"

"Movies"

"What?" I asked, straining to hear amidst the power equipment.

"Movie store."

At least that's what I think he said.

Comments

• A movie store? Strange.
  • Looks like there's going to be a book store on Vandy between St. Marks and Prospect (next to Wink) and heard that a flea market is coming to 633 Vanderbilt.
  • the vanderbilt flea market sign is up in the old memories out of the box store. not sure what that's about yet.
  • Everywhere a flea market! I'm not sure that there's the capacity to have one in every neighborhood.
  • Subject: Re: New store on Vanderbilt

Mac1 wrote: In recent weeks the photo store on Vanderbilt btw Park and Prospect has been stripped bare and newspapers have gone up on the windows. This morning I noticed some Chinese workers doing construction work in the space. I stuck my head in and asked, "what's going here?"

"Movies"

"What?" I asked, straining to hear amidst the power equipment.

"Movie store."

At least that's what I think he said.
    She must have said “massage therapy” because that what the landlord told me today; “massage therapy / physical therapy”.
  • Unnameable Books will be a big addition to the street. It is more exciting than another bar/restaurant.
  • Hmm.. massage therapy. I could have sworn he said "movies," but there was a lot of noise in the place. That's interesting. Hopefully it will be a nice place.
  • anyone tried a massage from this place yet? looks cheaper than the spas in the slope. wondering if they're good.
  • i got a massage there last week... just finished taking the bar exam and had some killer knots in my back and shoulders.

the place was bare bones, but clean... and i got a pretty good 45-minute massage for $40. it's not a "pamper yourself" spa, but i'd go back.
  • good luck with the bar. thanks for the report. i'd already bought a gift certificate there so we'll see.
  • $40 massage? I'm totally down for that. Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.