brooklynian night at Franklin Park!!! — Brooklynian

brooklynian night at Franklin Park!!!

Sick, righteously sick of the the Crown Heights topics like bedbugs, cockroaches, shootings & boarder skirmishes, I hereb y declare that a night at Franklin Park must be scheduled to come up with some better topics.
I'll provide the cheap stick on nametags with your alias, and donate the kitten that keeps trampling the keyboard and erased the witty post I already wrote.
Monda*/y ad wednesday are when 7my favorite bartender Sean is on. Who will Join me? If there is nothing interesting here, cant we create it. =A
nightmare of depra6+vity????Get outta khere kitty!!

Who When? What!!!

Comments

• Shit, I want to go just because this post made me laugh for the 1st time all day!
  • If it's a night I'm not working, I'm definitely in!
  • Mondays work for me, Wednesdays I end up in the city most of the time
  • I'm into this! I may not be able to provide better topics that have not already been done though.
  • Mo

nday night it is. This coming monday night the 17th or somethinG> thank yo ukitties
    it is. what time? take advantage of happy hour. order in?
  • We need pictures of this cute kitty already!!!
  • if i'm not teaching, i'll come just to see whether mamacita Bursts.Into.Flame if she crosses vanderbilt.

xo
  • sweet tea, mama's supposed to come to my birthday/cheech memorial/animal rescuer bbq hosted by tsarina this saturday. You should come, it'll be like a test case.
  • I should go. I haven't been to a brooklynian gathering since a few years back, when a few friends and I stumbled across one a Mooney's. I noticed that everyone in attendance was wearing name tags of unpopular posters outside of the clique that dominates this board (e.g. yours truly, young snitch, etc.). I must say, it was amusing to play dumb and talk to Mamacita, Whatchuwant, and Alafairnadia and, at my request, have Alafairnadia give me the "Jack Krohn" label, as well as to generously describe me as "kind of annoying".

Have fun, guys. I'll be in cognito somewhere...
  • caseopele wrote: sweet tea, mama's supposed to come to my birthday/cheech memorial/animal rescuer bbq hosted by tsarina this saturday. You should come, it'll be like a test case.
    i'm out of town this weekend, or i would. remember: pics or it didn't happen.

jack: if your goal hasn't at times been to be "kind of annoying," i'll eat my hat. alafair always did call 'em like she saw 'em -- in fact, i wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if she'd told you so even had you not been incognito. for the record: no one mods the happy hours (but please no unauthorized feats of strength).
  • I might be down.
  • Jack Krohn wrote: I should go. I haven't been to a brooklynian gathering since a few years back, when a few friends and I stumbled across one a Mooney's. I noticed that everyone in attendance was wearing name tags of unpopular posters outside of the clique that dominates this board (e.g. yours truly, young snitch, etc.). I must say, it was amusing to play dumb and talk to Mamacita, Whatchuwant, and Alafairnadia and, at my request, have Alafairnadia give me the "Jack Krohn" label, as well as to generously describe me as "kind of annoying".

Have fun, guys. I'll be in cognito somewhere...
    Never happened. Just- never happened. Nice try.
  • Sounds good! So Monday the 17th?
  • The 17th would work for me. But this is tsarina's baby. S/he should set the date.
  • Jack, I don't remember that happening at all, but I did miss some happy hours back when we used to have them every week. Do you remember me being there?
  • I'll go if Em26 does.
  • Carnivore wrote: Jack, I don't remember that happening at all, but I did miss some happy hours back when we used to have them every week. Do you remember me being there?
    I think this was around the holiday time right Jack? I only remember because I made my husband (who does not post and has no idea about who is who) wear a name tag of an annoying poster. It was also the first time I met Dr. J's little munchkin (about 3 weeks old at the time)
  • the v17th it shall be- I have spoken!

time from 6 on..... to catch the happy hour buzz!
  • stacey wrote: [quote=Carnivore]Jack, I don't remember that happening at all, but I did miss some happy hours back when we used to have them every week. Do you remember me being there?
    I think this was around the holiday time right Jack? I only remember because I made my husband (who does not post and has no idea about who is who) wear a name tag of an annoying poster. It was also the first time I met Dr. J's little munchkin (about 3 weeks old at the time)

If that's right, then I never met Jack. I wasn't on the board at that time and even if I was on the board, I wasn't at the holiday party. Isn't that the one where the fight broke out?
  • tsarina wrote: the v17th it shall be- I have spoken!

time from 6 on..... to catch the happy hour buzz!
    sounds promising
  • Sweet all I have to do is walk downstairs and I'm there
  • Whatchuwant wrote: [quote=stacey][quote=Carnivore]Jack, I don't remember that happening at all, but I did miss some happy hours back when we used to have them every week. Do you remember me being there?

If that's right, then I never met Jack. I wasn't on the board at that time and even if I was on the board, I wasn't at the holiday party. Isn't that the one where the fight broke out?

Fight? Please do tell!
  • Is this still happening?
  • yes, it is.
  • Cool.

I'm bringing a guest. 6ish.
  • I'm there! probably closer to 7. Do I just look for the people with nametags? :)
  • well, Em, meredith, WCW, nomad, carnivore and I already know each other.

...so you could look for a group of folks.

(I'd bring my dog, but its too hot. We both want a/c, and he can't go in the a/c part of the bar.)

Em, you'll be there early, can you give emebereye a description of you?
  • I'll just walk up to any groups and ask if anyone's from brooklynian and get fun sideways looks from strangers. Totally capable of that. No need to worry about descriptions.
  • I couldnt find name tags so we will have file folder lables on us. I;ll be the crazy looking lady with a big red dog. Leaving for there now!
  • Leaving now from midtown. See you closer to 7pm.
  • I'm still at home. We should be up there by 6:30ish.

I'm wearing a blue and orange Detroit Tigers tshirt and light blue ripped up jeans and sandals. You can't miss me.

See ya'll later.
  • Will be there in a few minutes.
  • oh dear. didn't realize this was tonight and have conflicting plans. :(
  • Why is this posting not global? Booo!
  • Christina wrote: Why is this posting not global? Booo!
    Crap. I think they forgot.

Nice seeing you guys. Sucks I couldn't stay longerrrrrrrr. :(
  • Nice to meet everyone!
  • Asil wrote: Nice to meet everyone!
    Likewise! Looking forward to seeing you on the midnight bike rides, or the next Brooklynian air hockey tournament.*

*a longstanding Brooklynian tradition where I crush pensodyssey and whyfi at air hockey
  • I'm in for Air Hockey. Good to meet those I was able to meet! (short with short red hair at the end of the tables in the black shirt and pink skirt... god I really need to do laundry).

Yay Franklin Park! And a good bartender! Seriously if anyone feels like going there and wants company to chatter at, I'm in. So close to my place it's awesome.
  • Dag. Bummed I missed this. Love Franklin Park and have only been once this summer. Commons is closer!
  • Dag. Bummed I missed this. Love Franklin Park and have only been once this summer. Commons is closer!
  • I am sorry I missed this too. A combination of work and being poor kept me far away. Next time!
This discussion has been closed.