This site is closed to new comments and posts.

Notice: This site uses cookies to function.
If you are not comfortable with cookies then please don't browse this website.

did you guys see this? fox news anchor flips on homophobe? — Brooklynian

Comments

• that is damned hilarious!!!!!
    wow. thanks :P
  • quijibo wrote: that is damned hilarious!!!!!
    wow. thanks :P
    you're welcome! I found it quite hilarious myself
  • Ugh. The fucking Phelps family. I used to live in Kansas in the next town over from them and did a lot of LGBT community activism stuff, so I had to deal with them ALL the fucking time. Of course, everyone's got their BVD's in a knot now that they're protesting soldiers' funerals, although when it was just queer people's funerals the Phelpies were protesting it was often ignored.

The Phelpies are such extremists that it would be easy enough to laugh off, except when you consider that they give your run-of-the-mill homophobe an easy way to excuse his or her behavior -- "Well, I don't want them to be able to marry or be protected from being fired or (insert civil rights protection said homophobe is against here), but at least I'm not as bad as THAT guy."

By the way, if you want a detailed background on what the Phelps clan is all about, there was an in-depth investigative piece done by a freelance journalist for the Topeka Capitol-Journal on them many years ago called "Addicted to Hate." For reasons I've never been clear on, the newspaper decided against running the piece after it was finished, and because of their contract with him they owned it, so he couldn't shop for another publisher. The writer ended up suing the newspaper, mostly to get part of the pay for the project, but also in part in a clever bid to get his story out there, because the story then had to be entered as evidence in the court and, as such, became a matter of public record. So check it out if you want:

http://blank.org/addict/
  • Subject: Re: did you guys see this? fox news anchor flips on homopho

alafairnadia wrote: http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/2006/06/12/video-julie-banderas-goes-nuclear-on-phelps-matriarch/
    wait, i don't even understand what's going on. what exactly is the fox commentatory mad at?

Boygabriel wrote: [quote=alafairnadia]http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/2006/06/12/video-julie-banderas-goes-nuclear-on-phelps-matriarch/
    wait, i don't even understand what's going on. what exactly is the fox commentatory mad at?

fox is initially questioning the protesting of military funerals. then it comes out that the interviewee is virulently homophobic, to a degree the fox anchor can't tolerate, so she goes completely apeshit.

fox is initially questioning the protesting of military funerals. then it comes out that the interviewee is virulently homophobic, to a degree the fox anchor can't tolerate, so she goes completely apeshit.
    while I find it unintentionally entertaining, I can't believe stuff like this gets on the air. News channels are so worthless these days.

Oh Jim Bill Lehrer, I love thee
  • the internet is the future/now

matt drudge is our walter winchell
    sad but true

soon enough, we'll get newsmen of stone
    but handsome.
    more Anderson Cooperesque in looks
    while Colombo smart

bill beutel was one of my generation's first model-handsome newsman
    he didn't do much but look handsome

with seniorly serious roger grimsby co hosting
    and howard cosell calling muhammad ali fights
  • it's kinda weird too
    i don't realize the power of the internet
    'cause of all the people that have seen the YouTube video of connie chung on a piano
    only half as many saw the TV show