Recomendations for people who Pick up Salvaged Materials — Brooklynian

Recomendations for people who Pick up Salvaged Materials

We just leased a space for our winery. The previous tenant left alot behind that we don't need.

We're trying to be as environmentally friendly with our renovations while keeping within the budget, so we're hoping that people will find some of our items salvageable. Unfortunately alot of the things that are there are not going to be reused by us.

I'm not familiar with the salvage groups in Brooklyn and was wondering if there are businesses or contractors that will come take away alot of this material. Some of the items include:

Artwork
Drywall - We will unscrew it and I think it can be salvaged because it isn't plasterd over.
Tin Ceilings - These are not original tin (probably aluminum) and again they need to be unscrewed from the ceiling, but I don't see why they couldn't be used.
Desks
Bankets - They are made out of plywood and painted black.
Ton of other misc stuff that we still need to weed through (speakers, amps, toilets, etc)

Anyways if anyone has any suggestions for people who might salvage this stuff, please let me know.

Comments

• Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that that was the one place I'd known of. I'm going to contact them, but am not sure they would take alot of the stuff.
  • Subject: Re: Recomendations for people who Pick up Salvaged Materials

Brooklyn Winery wrote: We just leased a space for our winery. The previous tenant left alot behind that we don't need.

We're trying to be as environmentally friendly with our renovations while keeping within the budget, so we're hoping that people will find some of our items salvageable. Unfortunately alot of the things that are there are not going to be reused by us.

I'm not familiar with the salvage groups in Brooklyn and was wondering if there are businesses or contractors that will come take away alot of this material. Some of the items include:

Artwork
    Drywall - We will unscrew it and I think it can be salvaged because it isn't plasterd over.
    Tin Ceilings - These are not original tin (probably aluminum) and again they need to be unscrewed from the ceiling, but I don't see why they couldn't be used.
    Desks
    Bankets - They are made out of plywood and painted black.
    Ton of other misc stuff that we still need to weed through (speakers, amps, toilets, etc)

Anyways if anyone has any suggestions for people who might salvage this stuff, please let me know.
    Hey, I have an Etsy shop that I use to sell items I've constructed using only salvaged materials from Brooklyn. I make mirrors, benches, desks etc., I usually photograph the original location of the item and then send the buyer a map showing where it came from/how it was repurposed into something new. I've only had the shop for 2 months but I've already had a ton of sales/interest, I'd love to take a look at your stuff.

Feel free to check out my shop, it's pretty bare now (too many sales, not enough time to build new items) but you can click on the Sales link to see what I've done. People really seem to dig the idea of some old junk being turned into something new and useful, the city's landfills are happy about it as well.....

Lemme know if you've still got stuff you want to get rid of.....

Matt
    RecycledBrooklyn

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RecycledBrooklyn
This discussion has been closed.