New Res Opening up on North 6th Street — Brooklynian

New Res Opening up on North 6th Street

I hope I get the spelLing right....lol

Passed by today and I think the grand opening is Saturday night!

The name of the place is : Osteria Il Paiolo

It's a couple doors down from Sea and I can not find any info on it but it looks really nice when I walked by a snuck a look and they did a great job....

Please share any info anyone knows on this place....

I am looking forward to it...

Comments

• Hi there,
    My husband Alex Palumbo opened up the restaurant just Saturday. He comes from the school of Da Silvano in the city and modeled his restaurant on that same high quality of food and service.

The focus of the cuisine is Northern Italian, which is eluded to by virtue of the name, il Paiolo. A paiolo is a copper pot, which is traditionally used to prepare polenta, a Northern Italian specialty. Chef Andrea Milazzo offers heirloom polenta as an appetizer with tomatoes and quail, with fontina cheese, with sausage or with shrimp and rosemary. The menu consists of only homemade pasta, such as Trenette al pesto with string beans and potatoes, Fettuccine with cured pork cheek, onions and san marzano tomatoes, Chocolate pappardelle with wild board ragu' and vegetables. Second courses include Mediterranean Sea Bass with black olives, cherry tomatoes and baby fennel prepared in wood burning oven, veal ossobuco with saffron risotto and gremolata and 28 day dry aged strip buffalo steak with wild arugula, cherry tomatoes and pecorino cheese.

The decor of the restaurant is warm and rustic, and plays off of the copper pot name by using copper accents throughout. Open for dinner everyday from 5pm-12am and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-5pm.

Osteria Il Paiolo
    106 North 6th Street (bet Berry and Wythe)
    Brooklyn, NY 11211
    tel. 718-218-7080
    info@ilpaiolonyc.com
    www.ilpaiolonyc.com

Come check it out! Promise you won't be disappointed if you're a foodie!

Keep in mind we are still waiting for our liquor license though...
  • Hi there,
    My husband Alex Palumbo opened up the restaurant just Saturday. He comes from the school of Da Silvano in the city and modeled his restaurant on that same high quality of food and service.

The focus of the cuisine is Northern Italian, which is eluded to by virtue of the name, il Paiolo. A paiolo is a copper pot, which is traditionally used to prepare polenta, a Northern Italian specialty. Chef Andrea Milazzo offers heirloom polenta as an appetizer with tomatoes and quail, with fontina cheese, with sausage or with shrimp and rosemary. The menu consists of only homemade pasta, such as Trenette al pesto with string beans and potatoes, Fettuccine with cured pork cheek, onions and san marzano tomatoes, Chocolate pappardelle with wild board ragu' and vegetables. Second courses include Mediterranean Sea Bass with black olives, cherry tomatoes and baby fennel prepared in wood burning oven, veal ossobuco with saffron risotto and gremolata and 28 day dry aged strip buffalo steak with wild arugula, cherry tomatoes and pecorino cheese.

The decor of the restaurant is warm and rustic, and plays off of the copper pot name by using copper accents throughout. Open for dinner everyday from 5pm-12am and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-5pm.

Osteria Il Paiolo
    106 North 6th Street (bet Berry and Wythe)
    Brooklyn, NY 11211
    tel. 718-218-7080
    info@ilpaiolonyc.com
    www.ilpaiolonyc.com

Come check it out! Promise you won't be disappointed if you're a foodie!

Keep in mind we are still waiting for our liquor license though...
This discussion has been closed.