rough kids on ppsw — Brooklynian

rough kids on ppsw

I've been living in the neighborhood for about two years now, and I've noticed a rough teenager element on the block between seeley and vanderbuilt. Tonight my wife was hassled by a bunch of teenagers (I think it was the same ones) who roam along ppsw. I was wondering if anyone else out there has experienced anything similar...

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome, windsorterraceguy!

Was this at night? I walk down there during the day now and then, but haven't seen anything. What type of hassling? Catcalls, touching, intimidation???

I'd encourage your wife (and you) to get to know all of the store workers/owners on the street - I know most of the people on PPW (well, I've been here 13 years, but still - it doesn't take much if you are friendly) and I know that I can walk in to many of those stores if I'm feeling uneasy about somebody bothering me, following me, etc. One of the hard things about PPSW is that if they wanted to rob her they would probably run right into the park to get away. I haven't heard or seen too much of that on PPSW, but that type of thing seems to really be on the rise in the Slope, Prospect Heights and along Flatbush.
  • if it happens again , call 911 and have the punks arrested.

here's an example on what goes on ppsw, last thursday evening a biker was exiting the park at bartel prichard sq. and was slammed into by a barrel jumping pot head skateboarder, the punks response to the bikers complaint was a right cross to the head.
    instead of calling 911 the biker took off.

don't waste your time going from store to store, just call the cops and have them get rid of the punks, thats their job.
  • ^I'm not saying it's the storeowners responsibility to do something about it, but rather that I feel safer knowing that I am well-known by storekeepers in the area.
  • Flexichick wrote: ^I'm not saying it's the storeowners responsibility to do something about it, but rather that I feel safer knowing that I am well-known by storekeepers in the area.

does that cut down on your shoplifting.
  • Never in the thirty years I've been here
  • youbetcha wrote: Never in the thirty years I've been here

when you have a moment, pm me your schedule, it will prevent us from hitting the same stores on any given day.
  • Nothing that a snoot-ful of mace wouldn't cure.
    In a pinch, a spray of bleach will do just as well.
  • i see these kids every day
    while definitely annoying and loud at times, i never felt particularly threatened.
    local kids with nothing better to do

the punks near B-P Circle are a different set that are a lot more violent
This discussion has been closed.