and
Buy groceries.

Comments

• Subject: Re: New to the area

joshroz2 wrote: I'm new to WT and I'm looking for advice on good places to:

Eat out,
    Munch Box!

vidro3 wrote: [quote=joshroz2]I'm new to WT and I'm looking for advice on good places to:

Eat out,
    Munch Box!

Vidro is a man of refined tastes.

http://brooklynian.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56791&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
  • Keyfood on 11th Ave and Prospect Ave for food staples, their produce and meat are 2nd tier. United Meats on PPW and 16th Street if your a carnivore. There really isn't a decent greenmarket or fish store on this side of the park. You may want to check out Food Town on McDonald Ave. depending on mode of transport and your location. I like Enzo's and the sushi joint across the street. United meats makes the best roast beef hero. I ate in Fonda the other night and thought it was great, that's on 7th Ave around 15th St.
  • Dice Thai! 17th and PPW. BEST Thai food in the 'hood..
  • dice thai is really great thai food. for Indian, balaka on 6th ave and 14th or 15th st is pretty decent, (and in park slope but close enough to wt)

I hope you have a car, because amenities can be lacking around here.
    joshroz2 wrote: Eat out,
    The area has a food good places to eat. You might need to go down to 7th for variety.
    Do laundry,
    There are two places on PPW. Both close too early for working folk (last wask 6:30pm!) and are mobbed on the weekend. The between Prospect and 17th has the worst crowding. Who brings their 10 children to do the laundry?
    Buy groceries.
    Groceries are the worst part of WT. Key Food has a terrible produce section and limited stock on everything else. High prices. At least there is never a wait.

No fish mongers in the area.
  • The Pie Shop (DUB Pies). I recommend ordering "cold" pies and taking them home and heating them yourself for perfect fresh-from-the-oven crust. I guess this isn't eat out, but a good option for when you don't want to prepare a delicious meal.
This discussion has been closed.