Pet Boarding - Brooklynian

Pet Boarding

I've asked this before, so I apologize for the repost but I just went through 9 or 10 search pages and couldn't find my old post.

In any case, I need to board my dog for about a week.

Any suggestions for good places? Places to avoid?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• My dogwalker Stacey does boarding in her home. I think she's 45 per night...and your dog gets full attention...OR, Eva's Play Pups is great!
  • Woofs 'N Whiskers - speak with Danielle.
  • Some folks on this board have recommended this place before - looks awesome. http://glencadiadogcamp.com/
  • Glencadia and Town & Country.
    http://www.townandcountrypetboarding.com/

I do not use them, but know many other dog owners who use one or the other and it's all been rave reviews. Just today someone I know in the park who has two very different dogs (one very attached to the owner with some separation anxiety + one prone to overexcited playing/fighting) was talking about how great T&C are with both of her dogs every time.

If your dog is used to off-leash, you might like Mark. He's usually out with his two dogs + boarders and he's definitely on my list of boarders even though my dog does NOT like to live with other dogs. I don't have contact info but I see him most days so could get it if you want. Not sure on rates.

Dog Abbey is a daycare in Brooklyn that does overnights and I've also heard very good things about them from some very picky owners I know from the park.

If you prefer home boarding, I have info on a couple of folks that I don't want to post here so PM me if you want it. They are around $50+ per night.
  • I get this question all the time, and I always encourage people to consider hiring a petsitter to stay with your dog in her home instead (full disclosure: I used to do this work but no longer do. I only do walking and training now). It's less traumatic for the dog because his routine is less interrupted, and you can fully vet the one person who will be responsible - as opposed to your dog being watched by low wage workers in shifts. Not to mention you avoid the dreaded kennel cough!

If you do use a boarding facility, at least make sure that they have staff on hand 24/7. I know it's shocking but at least one place used to, and maybe still does, leave the dogs caged alone overnight.
  • Oh, I just looked at one of the Glencadia video's since my friend's dog is there now and it was so fun to see her running around and looking so happy.
  • i recommend susie:

www.susiespetcare.com
  • vanilla wrote: i recommend susie:

www.susiespetcare.com
    Susie walked my dog when we lived in her working area and I thought she was great with dogs and very professional.
  • i don't have a dog, but i have met susie and know another of her walkers quite well. they are both excellent people.
  • anyone have any feedback on posh pets?
  • Susie rocks! she took care of my dogs when they were pups, always did right by them.
  • Localdogwalker.com is an innovative website connecting pet owners with professional pet service providers. This site allows pet owners to search for pet care providers close to where they live, and is 100% free for the consumer. Localdogwalker.com has aggregated an elite network of Pet sitter Phoenix.

This discussion has been closed.