Ditmas Park in the movies — Brooklynian

Ditmas Park in the movies

I'm interested in compiling an archive/record of movies and TV shows that have shot scenes in Ditmas Park. Does anyone have any good stories or photos or sightings to share?

Thanks!

Comments

• um well in 1999-2000 or so Swimfan was shot on Westminster road. The house the lead character lived on was on Westminster between Ditmas and Dorchester, not NJ like the movie depicted.

• The Sophie's Choice houe was on Rugby Road.

They used the interior of the house I grew up in (east 19th) on a recent episode of "The Good Wife."

• According to IMDB, parts of The Squid and the Whale were filmed in Ditmas Park.

Apparently there is a lot of film activity down there, but sSurprisingly few movies in IMDB are tagged with "Ditmas Park" as the shooting location.

• Exterior shots for Canterbury's Law, a short-lived series actually set in Providence RI, were done in 2007 on East 19th Street between Glenwood and Foster (Midwood Park, not Ditmas Park).

• Fringe has shot a lot of exteriors in the hood. Not sure about interior scenes.

• I think that a Lazarus avatar might be more fitting than Rasputin.

• daveb said:

Fringe has shot a lot of exteriors in the hood. Not sure about interior scenes.

Cool! One of my favorite shows. I didn't know that.

• "Boardwalk Empire" is shooting on 18th and 19th all day today and this evening.

This discussion has been closed.