What the %$@# is that sound?! — Brooklynian

What the %$@# is that sound?!

Thursday night at 1:30am and Friday night at 12:30am, it lasts for maybe 10-15 minutes, sounds like a machine gun firefight. Louder, longer and more rapid sounding than fireworks. Sounds like it's coming from the west, like in the 20s around 2nd ave or something. Can someone please tell me what is going on?

Comments

• All sorts of construction and late night deliveries are going on down there. I often get rides home, which use the BQE or 3rd avenue. On the BQE they have a drill that sounds a lot like a machine gun. I think their are using it to repair the overpass since if you walk under it, its in a perpetual state of wetness. It rains every day under that thing, and I am sure its not good for the metal parts. They do their road work late at night when there is very little traffic.

• All sorts of construction and late night deliveries are going on down there. I often get rides home, which use the BQE or 3rd avenue. On the BQE they have a drill that sounds a lot like a machine gun. I think their are using it to repair the overpass since if you walk under it, its in a perpetual state of wetness. It rains every day under that thing, and I am sure its not good for the metal parts. They do their road work late at night when there is very little traffic.

• ah, yeah that makes sense. it just didn't seem right that they'd be doing construction at midnight, 1am, but when you say the bit about less traffic I guess it's reasonable. it only lasts for about 15 minutes, but it's so weird. I'm like, 'do I live in a war zone?'

• ah, yeah that makes sense. it just didn't seem right that they'd be doing construction at midnight, 1am, but when you say the bit about less traffic I guess it's reasonable. it only lasts for about 15 minutes, but it's so weird. I'm like, 'do I live in a war zone?'

This discussion has been closed.