Nail salon? Sigh. — Brooklynian

Nail salon? Sigh.

I'm totally not the kind of person to be into this stuff, but... I'd like to get a simple clean-up mani/pedi in the neighborhood (my second ever!). Prefer 5th between 12th and 25th, but I'm flexible. Can someone recommend a spot? I value cleanliness over cost, but I'm also kinda broke, too, so...

Bonus points for a recommendation for a place I can take my man without him dying of embarrassment (his cuticles are in need of professional intervention). This can be in a broader geographic area.

Comments

• Out of the area you ask but I see lots of guys in the nail salon on prospect and 5th. I go there or to Polish on Vanderbilt.

• Try the new salon Posh on Franklin btw Prospect and st marks. it is beautiful clean and not so busy (yet) as they are new. People are much nicer than Polish

• Try Nice Nails on 5th between 14th & 15th. I'm not much into a regular mani/pedi routine but a friend took me there once and it was much cleaner than my previous 5th Ave experiences. They had a male nail tech and I saw a guy getting a pedicure, but it is not really unisex, mostly women. I was there a few months ago, so things may have changed but you can check it out and walk out if it doesn't look good.

• reader said:Try Nice Nails on 5th between 14th & 15th. I'm not much into a regular mani/pedi routine but a friend took me there once and it was much cleaner than my previous 5th Ave experiences. They had a male nail tech and I saw a guy getting a pedicure, but it is not really unisex, mostly women. I was there a few months ago, so things may have changed but you can check it out and walk out if it doesn't look good. It was inexpensive.

• There's a nail salon called "Diamond" on 22nd & 5th that does $5 manicures, $15 for a manicure/pedicure. Really sweet, family-run, I love em.

• Thanks everyone~

• I have been going to nail salons on 5th avenue for a very long time. About a year ago I started going to a spot on 39th and 5th called RED. I love it there, I always go to Wendy. For the best pedi, I always go with Lilly. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

• Do any of these places not smell like a chemical bomb? I can't even walk into Red because of the strong odors. I usually have to wait until I get to Manhattan to get my nails done.

• I actually wound up going to D'Beaute salon on 6th and 15th. It was...calm, quiet, seemed clean, didn't reek of chemicals. Women who worked there seemed nice. The bf even got a manicure.

This discussion has been closed.