Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread - Page 1159 — Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread

1115311541155115611571159»

Comments

• Hi-yearly govt.program started today..just got home..been in work since 7:30 AM..barely had time for lunch...yes, I think more people will get on here as the summer winds down...(at least I hope so)..don't belong to FB & don't want to...anyway, JoePinto & Warren-heartbreaking stories-remember all your good memories-that's what keeps u going...well-if I don't come on tomorrow-everyone have a safe & fun Labor Day weekend..talk to u soon.....bye

• Hi Everyone,

Sorry haven't been on, just so busy with work...and just not in such a great mood...I guess the summer is ending and I really didn't do anything special...time just goes so fast.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Patsy, Joe, Warren and Anna, thanks for keeping the blog alive!!!

• Hey stop the crap everyone stay here...Been busy...

If anyone gets a chance Umbria really needs some cheering up. He is back in the hospital and does not sound good. Please give him a call. Melissa wrote: "He has a phone in his room, the # is 718 780 6729.

Good Night Sweet Dreams

• Good Morning everyone......

I have this speaker package for sale...they look and sound great...Music and Movies sound fantastic...I paid $2,800. when I bought them new in 2004. Asking $500. But will negotiate if you are interested.

..5 pc polk audio system..

2 - RTi 100 Tower's with built-in power sub woofers

2 - FX 500i Rear Dipole/Bipole surrounds

1 - CX 400i Center channel

Excellent Condition, Real wood, Black oak cabinets

All with matching speakers- 6 1/2" Mid/Woofer's and 1" aluminium tweeters

Will also give buyer 2 free speaker stands

Attached files image image image image
  • GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

HI CUZ... NICE TO SEE YOU BACK ON HERE!! XX

WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL, GO OUT & ENJOY, PEOPLE!!! :flower:

• Good Morning Everyone,

4 MORE WEEKS UNTIL THE REUNION....CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE!!!!!

Nice day out...enjoy...peek back later

• Attached files image image image image image image
  • Hi Everyone...

Joe and Warren...thanks for sharing your memories of your parents with us. This site and All of You helped me get through alot of pain around the Birthday and Anniversary of my Brother's death....I owe you all alot...thank you from my HEART

I also spoke to my favorite pain in the ass Anthony in the hospital. He is one tough guy ....so stubborn ....and wants the nurses to serve him filet mignon instead of the supposedely healthy crap they're serving him....LOL

I miss him and breaking his ganoogies!!!!

Patsy, Judy, Anna, MaryAnn, Joe, Warren and Fred....thank you for keeping this blog going through the summer

Terry Im glad your back home ...Love the pics and you look amazing!

Hi Karen, Donna, Jeanette, Franny, Lyn, Festina, Janet, all the Carol's, Millie, Geri, Michael, Freddy, Jerry, Danny, Scansy, Paul, AC, Jim, Robert and so many more friends that havent been on in awhile....hope your summer went well and I cant wait for a little cool weather to come in...maybe we'll get to hear from some of you again!

Ive been so busy....my Dad pulled something in his back last month and cant pull my Mom up anymore or put her in the wheel chair by himself. So, me and my Sis have been going together and rotating days to take care of my Mom

He is another tough guy he is 82 and went out into the yard and didnt come back in for awhile....my sister went out to check on him and he was tarring the 1st floor roof...unbelievable! MEN!!!!!!

I hate to say Im not gonna be able to make the Reunion ....I have 2 Weddings in between watching my Mom.

maybe next year....

Ok ....gotta run... today is my day off and Nicole has 2 Sweet 16's to attend...today and tomorrow .....still so much to do to get her ready.

Enjoy this beautiful Friday... Love you all!

• P.S. Joe ....sorry I cant use the speaker system but it looks like a good deal

• I will Never Forget!!!

• Hi-glad to hear from u Suzie-this summer has flown by so fast..next time u speak to Anthony tell him I said Hi & we miss him...hi to Judy, Patsy, Joe Pinto, Warren & anyone else I may have missed...have a safe & fun weekend...Bye

• Hi Anna ...I certainly will!

Im still on here looking for something to post for

another special friend of ours...once I start on here I cant get off....LOL

Have a good one...Anna (hugggs)

• For you Zachriel ...whoever you are!

• Hello Suzie and Anna....This blog reminds me of a line from the "Godfather".....

"Every time I try to get out...They pull me back in"

This blog will never die....

• imageimage

[b]LIKE THE PHOENIX...RISING UP FROM THE ASHES, BIGGER AND STRONGER THEN BEFORE[i]

• JOE PINTO said:

Hello Suzie and Anna....This blog reminds me of a line from the "Godfather".....

"Every time I try to get out...They pull me back in"

This blog will never die....

LOL...So True....We'll always be there for eachother!

now I really gotta run ....lata gata

glitter-graphics.com

HI GUYS.. ENJOY YOUR 'LABOR DAY' WEEKEND.

:love:

• HEY SUZIE, GIRL..

NICE TO SEE YOU ON HERE.. COME BACK SOON..

HOPE MOM IS OK & YOUR DAY IS ONE TOUGHT COOKIE. :-)

GOD BLESSTHEM BOTH.. LOBVE YA, XX

HI JUDY, & ANNA.. GLAD YOU CAME BACK ON TODAY

TO POST.

YES JUDY..4 MORE WEEKS.. I CAN'T WAIT EITHER..

TALK TO YOU SOON..

• Hi Everyone:

Where did the time go. The summer is almost over. We are looking forward to the reunion and catching up on all the gossip.

Kenny and I decided that since we did nothing this summer but wait for our grandson to arrive we should pick up now and go to Vegas. I hope its coooler there then its been here.

Suzie it was so good to see you back here. I tried to catch your sister the other day to see how everything was with your parents but as usual she was rushing so I left her alone. I'm glad you gave us an update on them. Its hard to watch them slow down and not be the way we remember them. Just be strong.

Well,I guess I will see you all soon. LOVE..........

• Hi-thanks Joe for the great pictures..hi to Patsy, Suzie, Donna & anyone else I've missed...let's hope this blog never dies...I only wish I could come to the reunion and meet everyone I've spoken to ...although when I got on the blog in Jan.2010 I didn't know anyone, I do feel like I have family on here. Donna-enjoy your vacation..it's gonna be a long cold winter....well everyone enjoy your 3 day weekend-stay safe...........bye

• Hi Patsy, Donna and Anna... I dont think this blog will ever die (unless the Administrators pull the plug of course) We have a bond to our old neighborhood and how we grew up. Its pretty special...

Donna ... have the best time in Vegas.....Win Big!

I have to run and pick up Nicole....so Im saying Goodnight

and have a beautiful weekend!

• Hi everyone

Getting nervous we only have 100 people for the reunion and I guaranteed 200 cause we turned away 40 the last time...

If you know of anyone who is coming and did not pay remind them.

Nice to see ya Suzie you are missed.

Hi Anna...thanks for keeping the blog going with a few of the others...

Judy call the Perrotta's and tell them to get their ass' to the reunion... Everyone have a safe weekend....

Good Night Sweet Dreams

• Good Morning all

• Good Morning Joe and everyone,

Anna

I feel the same. I feel like you people are another part of my family.

Have a great day all.

Where is my cuzzie this morning?? Probably eating her bagel LOL

• SO HAPPY TO SEE SUZIE BACK

Photobucket

• Happy Saturday Joe

found this as I was going through photbucket..

Photobucket

• Good Morning Everyone,

Terry - I will talk to Diane today and tell them to send their money.

Donna - Have a wonderful time in Vegas!!!! Win big....

Joe - Great picture - that is exactly how I remember you....you seemed so much older then me back then....isn't that weird only a few years older, but we all had our different groups that we hung out with....

Hi Patsy, Anna, Debbie, Suzie, Warren.

I wil try and give Anthony a call today...

Have a great day and great weekend...

• HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!

• T-Bone51 said:

SO HAPPY TO SEE SUZIE BACK

Missed ya!

Remember this Samantha giving Mia a kiss....now there's

Aria .....where does the time go?

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i167/SuzieQ16/?action=view&current=Samanthabycomp.mp4

• Hi Everyone... Happy Labor Day Weekend

Debbie ... I cant believe I remembered 2 this morning that I forgot to type your name in with the people who have been keeping this blog going through the summer. I cant even edit it anymore....which truly Su#ks! If you write something on here and want to go back later and fix it ....you cant! But, you know I love ya and Im just praying Im not getting Dementia.....its not a fun thing to have. My kids already asked me which Nursing Home would I prefer and what state?

How is the gall bladder thing healing?

ok... gotta run ....I hope Jeanette comes in off the beach to say hello today or maybe Jim finds the time to put his fishing rod down.

See you all lata....

• Hi just spoke to Anthony..he doesn't sound too bad..he is just tired of being in the hospital and taking so many tests...He told me that he had a heart attack.....and now has an infection in his body...please prayers going out for Anthony... I told him he better get back on his feet so everyone can see him at the reunion....he laughed..

Have a good weekend...

• HI GUYS...

BUSY DAY...CLEANING, SHOPPING & RELAXING NOW.

HI CUZ..WILL CALL YOU IN A DAY OR SO...XX

DONNA & KENNY..HAVE A BLAST IN VEGAS..RELAX & ENJOY!!!

I WILL CALL UMBRIA, LATER.. MY SON JASON & DAUGHTER NATALIE

ARE GOING TO MICHAEL UMBRIA'S WEDDING TOMORROW.. (ANHTONY'S

NEPHEW),.. THEY ALL GREW UP TOGETHER. (THEY ALL STILL KEEP

IN TOUCH)..

BACK IN HE DAY, WE

WERE ALWAYS WITH THE UMBRIA'S.. SEEMS LIKE SO LONG AGO..

SUZIE..2 DAYS IN A ROW...ALMOST LIKE OLD TIMES...XX

HI TO JOEBROOXX, ANNA, WARREN, JUDY ( C U,SOON),

& ANYONE I MISSED..

YES, I MISS JEANETTE..& ALL THE LAGRECA'S..

JERRY WHERE ARE YOU..?? HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU.

IF YOU READ THIS, TELL YOUR LITTLE SIS TO GET BACK

ON HERE.

OK..GOTTA RUN..C U ALL, LATER.. :flower:

• Hi all.....I can't believe September is here....well I'm grateful we are all here to see another day :flower:

Hoping for some more cool weather. It's so nice to go out and not sweat!!! lol

Suzie I thought you forgot me lol just kidding I know how busy you are with running to brooklyn. Just happy to see you back here. Gall bladder has healed good and the pain is finally gone. It's amazing how much pain it caused me and for how long.

Terry I'm sorry if you didnt get my email, That's Karen's 50th b'day so we wont be coming to the reunion this year 8-[

• THE MD TELETHON WILL NOT BE THE SAME W/O JERRY LEWIS.

& IT IS ONLY ON 6 HRS. NOW.. NO MORE OVERNIGHT..

(SUNDAY 6PM TO MIDNITE)... ](*,)

I DON'T LIKE THIS CHANGE.. :(

• Good Morning Everyone....

......Get out and enjoy the day.....

imageimage

• Debbie going to miss you and your family at the reunion...

Going to a bbq today, hope the weather holds out...

Everyone enjoy the day....

• Hello All, Just got off the phone with Anthony Umbria. He is as a few people mentioned, back in Methodist Hospital with Heart problems and a Fungus Infection running through parts of his body. He gives his regards to all and said that most of you are not too far from the Hospital and he would enjoy a visit from any of you. Seems a little lonely.

His phone number to his room was in the blog yesterday. If you can not get there to see him, I am sure a phone call would be appreciated. :-k

Terry, I mentioned the other day that a day or two before you left Florida, there was a clip on Channel 9 at a street fair in St Petersberg. There was a woman in that clip jumping around that looked an awful lot like your pictures. Were you at that street fair??? :?:

• Me again. Just to remind you that Anthony's number to his room is 718-780-6729 :thumright:

• W T C....The Way I Like To Remember It.

imageimage

• hhello patsy..ihave been in vermont for the last 2 wks.

my daughters fiance passed away due to cancer..he was just48 years old they lived in my house here in vermont,nancy and i will stay as long as we are needed.i am sorry to hear about anthony ...i tried to call himm a couple of days ago ..with no answer will try again.

warren has been very supportive of this blog ,great to see that.

suzy hope you and your family are well

terry ...glad you enjoyed your trip to florida

jeanette where the hell are you ohio..r.i. or n.y

to all the park slope bloggers ..stay well..stay happy

• hhello patsy..ihave been in vermont for the last 2 wks.

my daughters fiance passed away due to cancer..he was just48 years old they lived in my house here in vermont,nancy and i will stay as long as we are needed.i am sorry to hear about anthony ...i tried to call himm a couple of days ago ..with no answer will try again.

• Hi everyone-Joe-loved your pics of the WTC...Jerry-nice to see u on here..sorry about your daughter's fiance..he was so young...Hope Anthony gets well soon....watching the MDA telethon...not the same at all! No Jerry Lewis-& only 6 hours long..when I was young I would stay up all night & watch it...times sure are changing.......enjoy the rest of the weekend......bye

• Jerry sorry to hear that. You're daughter will be in my prayers.

Patsy and Anna.....I can't believe after all these years the telethon has changed :roll: Jerry Lewis was the whole show!

Warren....I may be in that area this week and If I can I'll stop in and see him. I'm gonna call tomorrow but I won't mention going there in case I don't make it.

Judy.....I'm certainly going to miss being there this year 8O

• Jeanette must still be on the beach lol We should see her as soon as it gets cool.

Patsy thanks for always checking on my.... :wink:

Hi to Terry, Karen, Suzie, Joe, Mary Ann, Fred Helen come back!!!

• Hello All, Happy Labor Day. If you are off, enjoy the day, if you have to work, try and keep up your spirits as you see the rest loafing and having a good time! :roll:

Jerry, Thanks for the kudo's. I feel this blog has a very definite place in peoples lives. I find it very dissapointing that many people have deserted and gone to F.B.. I see nothing wrong with being on both but I do think it is a shame that so many have sort of forgotten their "roots". :(

Sympathies on your Daughters Fiancee. Unfortuneatly Cancer can strike at any age and in many cases little can be done. Carol & I are both Cancer survivors and consider ourselves very fortunate. The medical field has made some progress in treatment but the fatality rate is still much too high.

• Jerry,So Sorry to hear about your loss....My sincere condolences to you and your Family

• Hi All,

No warren I don't think it was me. I did not go to any fairs.(too busy eating everywhere.lol)

Jerry sorry for your loss. So Sad and much too young to pass. Prayers out to you and your family.

Spoke to Umbria today sounded better to me but he said he feels the same. He called me. I'm a bad girl. I told everyone to call and I did not. boo hoo.

keep calling and I will he need his spirits lifted. He may be i there for the reunion. I hope not..

Getting very very nervous we only have about 68 paid and abut 20 sending money, We need more people or I will be stuck putting out 5 thousand dollars or more out of my pocket. OH DEAR GOD..Very disappointed in a lot of people who really stuck it to me...Not just people friends....NEVER AGAIN.. Should have listened to you patsy and went with my instincts and had it at the Yacht club and the people who did not like could have stayed home because they still are staying home and it is where they wanted it..

Patsy call Angela and ask if she is coming and her group of friends.... I need them

ok I have to stop worrying now...

• Hello to all my Friends "huckleberry friends" Havent been on in a while, go on face book only once in a while also.. Spoke to Terry some...can;'t get to the re union have a college weekend at Marist for my Keri; anyway tell Ant Iam am praying for him for a swift recovery, Hey to Suz, Terry, Joey...I need to call you, Patsy, Deb, Judy and everyone....Miss you guys, Been busy between Kids and cllege,Business, are Playing a Two Hour set in Asbury as a tribute to the Layla album's 40th anervisery, can you believe it 40 years on Sept 24th at the Wonder bar.

Iam getting way too old...LOL... anyway hope this finds you all well.. Luv to all AL

• Hi Al

Nice to see you on here..

Have fun at Marist I love that college and the area it is in. Enjoy the Hudson valley and take lots of photos. Nice time of year top be there. Loved those family weekends. Miss them Time goes by so fast..

• thanks to all for your well wishes and prayers

i did get through to anthony yesterday.my first conversation with him ever...he sounds strong...but needs our prayers ...we need the music man back.

jeanette and scansy where are you?

• HI GUYS..

JERRY..SO NICE TO SEE YOU ON HERE.. I'M SO GLAD TO

KNOW YOU'RE OK.COME BACK SOON..SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR

DAUGHTER'S FIANCE..YOUR FAMILY IS IN OUR PRAYERS.. [-oB [-oB

HI CUZ..YES. THE S..I. YACHT CLUB WAS FUN & WE HAD NO

CURFEW TIME...SHAME ON ALL THOSE THAT SAID THEY WOULD BE

THERE, & NOW ARE NOT COMING TO THE REUNION..

I WILL CALL ANGELA IN A LITTLE WHILE & REMIND HER..I SENT

HER THE INFO AWHILE AGO..

HI TO AL..ALWAYS NICE TO SEE YOU ON HERE..YOU NEED TO COME

BACK, SOON..

HI TO DEB, (LOVE YA)..WARREN, JOEBROOXX, ANNA,JUDY &

EVERYONE ELSE. I HAD A NICE WEEKEND..WENT TO MY SISTER

ROBYN'S YESTERDAY FOR A BBQ & HAD A VERY NICE DAY.

OK, C U ALL IN THE MORNING.. GOING TO WATCH 'BACHELOR PAD'

& RELAX..

PLEASANT DREAMS..XX :-)

• Hi-hope everyone had a nice weekend..Went to my GF's mom's birthday party yesterday (had BBQ)...then today went with Tina & Justin shopping..came home & Jessica came over for dinner & got her a new dining room set for her apt. (which she's moving in on Sept.21) so a busy weekend and I hate to get up for work tomorrow....it's been in the 60's all day, sunny & breezy-you can tell fall is coming soon...nice sleeping weather..well, talk to everyone soon....bye

• jerry lagreca said:

hhello patsy..ihave been in vermont for the last 2 wks.

Jerry ...Please tell your Daughter that we all send her our Deepest Sympathy on losing her Fiance'...

• AL is just so lucky he checked in today..LOL

now where is everyone else????

Helen, RT, Tommy, Anthony M, Harold, Tim, Gypsey Rose...dont think we forgot all of you....c'mon guys just

come on to say "hello" and to "shake it easy"

Terry did you ask The Rex if you can have a smaller room

instead?? Sweet talk him...maybe that will work

• I spoke to Anthony yesterday and he sounded menza, menza

Im sure he would be happy if we all hung out with him in his hospital room. The only thing that bothers me is him saying he is hallucinating. If I go up there...Im sure he's

gonna say I slapped the crap out of him and have me thrown out.....LMAO!!!!!

I really miss that pain in the butt not being on here

I found these in my Photobucket....he really did bring

out the Best in Me!

Hey Pizon....Get Better Soon!

• Goodnight Everyone...

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED YOUR WEEKEND!!!

IT FEELS LIKE MONDAY, TODAY...(BUT GLAD IT ISN'T)..

ENJOY YOUR DAY & C U ALL, LATER...:)

• Good Morning Everyone.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.....the weather held out and had a good time.

Jerry - I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's fiance..my deepest sympathy.

Hi Al, nice to hear from you.

Hi everyone else...have a good day.

• JUST A QUICK HELLO!!! SAD TIME OF YEAR WITH THE 911 MEMORIES, JOE, SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DAD, YOUR STORY BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES.

JERRY, SO SORRY FOR YOUR DAUGHTER, SO YOUNG.

TERRY, I DIDN'T SEE YOUR QUESTION ABT THE ROADS IN NC, THE HURRICANE DID THE MOST DAMAGE OUT BY THE COASTAL TOWNS. I HOPE MORE PEOPLE SIGN UP FOR THE REUNION. I WON'T BE ABLE TO ATTEND BUT I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT REUNION.

EVERYONE, HAVE A NICE DAY

• HI GUYS...

I JUST SPOKE TO UMBRIA..DOES NOT SOUND SO GOOD TO ME.

HE COULDN'T STAY ON, B/C I THINK THE DR WAS IN THERE

WITH HIM.. I WILL TRY CALLING HIM AGAIN TOMORROW.

I REALLY HOPE HE GETS BETTER SOON.. [-oB

IF I DON'T COME BACK ON TODAY, EVERYONE, ENJOY YOUR

(SEE BELOW)

• Hi all

Weekend was nice but my brother Vinny wound up in the ER last night with chest pains. He was at Lutheran and wound up signing himself out because they were so overloaded he was in the hall up against the nurse's station. Thank God his blood work and EKG showed no problem with the heart Probably just stress!!!

Wow lots of rain ahead. Stay dry all....

• Goodnight....

• T'was the night before school started, when all through the town, the parents were cheering - a riotous sound!! By nine, kids were all washed & tucked into bed where memories of homework filled them with dread! New pencils, new folders, new notebooks too! New teachers, new friends - their anxiety grew! The PARENTS just giggled when they learned of this fright and shouted to all "GO TO BED!!!! IT'S A SCHOOL NIGHT!!! Pass this on to all parents cause "IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR

Just posted this on facebook and I thought I'd share...my kids don't find it as funny as I do lol

• Suzie....I love that song "Smile" =DB

LOVE THE POEM, DEB!! HOPE VINNY IS FEELING BETTER.

HAVE TO RUN..BUSY, BUSY, BUSY..

ALL, HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!! :-)

This discussion has been closed.