Ikea security and cops and store folks are idiots! - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ikea security and cops and store folks are idiots!

my van is 8.7 feet hight( about).

anyway i can't fit into the parking lot for sure. i have customers to pickup.

So first they tell me i can't fit into parking lot. which is fine and i know. i point over to the return and exchange parking lot next to the bus stop. they said no, they told me to park on columbia street all the way down the block.

i told them i have customers waiting there. i doubt they'll lend out their carts. so i called my customer. to tell the ikea people they won't let me park.

my customer talks to ikea people inside, one of their people runs out and guides me back towards the parking lot. which i didn't fit.

so i mentioned how bout that parking spot next to the return and exchanges they said its fine.

so i pulled up next to it. cop standing there and goes you can't go in there. and i'm like ikea people said i can. i point to them. they shrug and i just drove in.

once i'm there security people ran out and started to yell. i can't park here.

i told them i can't park anywhere besides this spot. one of the supervisors come out and said its okay cause his van can't find any where but here.

god i wish they would of just let me park there in the first place. what a waste of time.

Comments

• Sorry you had that experience. I went to Ikea yesterday and found everyone to be really nice and out of the way helpful. But then, I don't have an 8 foot van.
  • I did my first Ikea visit yesterday... bought a bed and matress. The staff was helpful and friendly. It was an all around good experience.
  • Subject: Re: Ikea security and cops and store folks are idiots!

armchair_warrior wrote: my van is 8.7 feet hight( about).
    On a side note, as the previous owner of some large vehicles over the years, that is a pretty damn tall van. I figured you just had a regular van. You rolling a Sprinter or some sort of box van or something?
  • yeah its a sprinter.

oh i found out the other day, i can fit into their parking lot. i don't know why they didn't let me in the past few times.

their thing is 9 feet tall!!! those guys lied!!! sob's.
  • Yet again, the people directing traffic in their parking lot displayed their idiocy. When I was leaving there on my bike yesterday, I get about 50 yards from the exit when I hear some lady yelling, "Miss!! Miss!!" I turn my head around, and she says I need to ride my bike on the sidewalk! Haha!
    I told her that its illegal for bikes to be on the sidewalk. Her answer is "Its for your own safety m'am." :roll:
  • caaahyoko wrote: Yet again, the people directing traffic in their parking lot displayed their idiocy. When I was leaving there on my bike yesterday, I get about 50 yards from the exit when I hear some lady yelling, "Miss!! Miss!!" I turn my head around, and she says I need to ride my bike on the sidewalk! Haha!
    I told her that its illegal for bikes to be on the sidewalk. Her answer is "Its for your own safety m'am." :roll:
    I'm _sure_ they would have paid the ticket for you... :mrgreen:

Incidentally, CH Shmira mentioned that they were cracking down on this recently.
  • daver wrote:
    I'm _sure_ they would have paid the ticket for you... :mrgreen:
    Yeah, we all know how much Ikea cares about their customers. :roll: :lol:

Incidentally, CH Shmira mentioned that they were cracking down on this recently.
    I heard! They're cracking down on running red lights too.
  • [quote=Em26]image

Damn skippy.

Besides, those pesky pedestrians carrying "flatpacked" plywood dressers are in the way.
  • Subject: Re: Ikea security and cops and store folks are idiots!

armchair_warrior wrote: my van is 8.7 feet hight( about).

anyway i can't fit into the parking lot for sure. i have customers to pickup.

So first they tell me i can't fit into parking lot. which is fine and i know. i point over to the return and exchange parking lot next to the bus stop. they said no, they told me to park on columbia street all the way down the block.

i told them i have customers waiting there. i doubt they'll lend out their carts. so i called my customer. to tell the ikea people they won't let me park.

my customer talks to ikea people inside, one of their people runs out and guides me back towards the parking lot. which i didn't fit.

so i mentioned how bout that parking spot next to the return and exchanges they said its fine.

so i pulled up next to it. cop standing there and goes you can't go in there. and i'm like ikea people said i can. i point to them. they shrug and i just drove in.

once i'm there security people ran out and started to yell. i can't park here.

i told them i can't park anywhere besides this spot. one of the supervisors come out and said its okay cause his van can't find any where but here.

god i wish they would of just let me park there in the first place. what a waste of time.
    hahaha
    what do you expect from rent-a-cops over there? lol Common sense? feh!
  • Yeah I agree with you,they are idiots. Elizabeth Ikea is soooo much easier to load. But the trip is way longer for me then to Red Hook. Don't you hate it when they put cones to block access to the loading area but there is nobody there to watch that area. I had to get out of my van and remove a cone so i could get through.

They have way too many parking lot personnel. Like one standing every 15 ft apart. All along they said that traffic would be a big issue but it isn't for me. Most people take the shuttle buses,so car traffic isn't really that bad.

At least at the Red Hook Ikea you are protected from the rain and or snow. But their system needs to be improved. I try to limit my Ikea runs to no more than 4x a week because of the idiots who work at the parking areas.
  • I went to IKEA on Saturday at 4:45pm. I bought 3 items and, with handing off to delivery, didn't get out of there until after 10pm. If I ever want to buy an item from IKEA again, I will either order online or first go look at it in the store and THEN order online.
  • danielle123 wrote: I went to IKEA on Saturday at 4:45pm. I bought 3 items and, with handing off to delivery, didn't get out of there until after 10pm. If I ever want to buy an item from IKEA again, I will either order online or first go look at it in the store and THEN order online.
    You could have saved yourself all that aggravation but just hiring a man with van from Craigslist. Have him or her meet you at the loading dock and drive you home along with your purchases. But we all know how some Ikea customers are,they will spend $1,000+ on furniture but have a problem with paying for a private delivery service.

The worst ones are the people who want to rent a van and then post an ad on Craigslist looking for 3-4 other people to split the costs,lol. Good luck with that brilliant idea,lol.
  • danielle123 wrote: I went to IKEA on Saturday at 4:45pm. I bought 3 items and, with handing off to delivery, didn't get out of there until after 10pm. If I ever want to buy an item from IKEA again, I will either order online or first go look at it in the store and THEN order online.
    You could have saved yourself all that aggravation but just hiring a man with van from Craigslist. Have him or her meet you at the loading dock and drive you home along with your purchases. But we all know how some Ikea customers are,they will spend $1,000+ on furniture but have a problem with paying for a private delivery service.

The worst ones are the people who want to rent a van and then post an ad on Craigslist looking for 3-4 other people to split the costs,lol. Good luck with that brilliant idea,lol.
  • You always can avoid all this problems by utilizing services of New York Cargo Taxi. We offer next day pick up (shopping) - delivery and assembly service for any IKEA furniture. I believe we offer affordable rates and professional services.

Check our website: www.CargoTaxiNY.com

This discussion has been closed.