favorite brooklynian flickr photos — Brooklynian

favorite brooklynian flickr photos

edited 1:37AM in Brooklyn Photos
Dun-Dun DUNNNNNNN!

"And so we meet again..."

Hah. Love the colors, depth of field and instant intrigue.

Comments

• hey, sweet, that's one of mine! :)

Thanks! I'm honored, surprised, and a bit humbled to see it suddenly on the front page of brooklynian.

Oh, and that was taken during the Feist show at the bandshell in PP last week. It's my friend's dog, who didn't seem to like squirrels. She was also pretty impressive at seeing (and trying to chase) rats that were running through the shadows from tree to tree as it got much, much darker.
  • And here's a shot from very shortly before (missed the focus a bit, and the one on flickr wound up being the only one of the handful that is decent) -- click for full size:

• This one is currently distracting me at every turn...
  • I just want to give a shout-out for Aonghais MacInnes, whose wonderful local architectural photos (like this one) have frequently been in the photostream lately:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aonghais/
  • Laura B wrote: I just want to give a shout-out for Aonghais MacInnes, whose wonderful local architectural photos (like this one) have frequently been in the photostream lately:
    That Garry Winogrand book is my favorite photo book of all time.
  • modsquad wrote: That Garry Winogrand book is my favorite photo book of all time.
    Yeah, wish I'd bought one when I had the chance. It's quite expensive now that it's out of print.
  • Currently loving this one:

***Edit:
    Ah wow! it's possibly_maybe again, hah. Nice!
  • A HUGE thanks for whomever added this one to the pool:
    (severina?)

Just gorgeous, totally get lost in it. Cheers me up every time I see it.
  • So, out of curiosity, why is it that (seemingly) every other pic in the rotation from Queens, the Bronx, etc?

• Ha, good question.

• Love this one up there now:

• Well done, @opossumqueen !

Hello, Yellow.

Could not stop thinking of

oh hai

• Haha...I thought of that one, too. Thanks :)

• These are nice pictures... Awaiting the day that I can call NYC my home. So for now I will gawk at the pictures.. Thanks for sharing. =P~

• I find any scene with lego people is HIlarIous. I still lose my mind when watching Eddie Izzard scenes done entirely with lego men.

• can we use this as the hover-over image for Park Slope board? haha!

• Yep, that was in my backyard. I actually ran into a hawk (the same one?) that was dining on a pigeon this morning in the park. My dog stopped under a small tree to stare at a squirrel and the hawk was just a few feet above me and, annoyed by our presence, flew to the next tree with its breakfast.

This discussion has been closed.