Open letter to the occupied wall street protesters. — Brooklynian

Open letter to the occupied wall street protesters.

Here is something you can do to make sure you stay there on that piece of land. get mail delivery to you there, plus I'm sure people will testified that you been there over 30 days.

now thanks to nyc tenant laws. you are officially a tenant of that park :p. they won't evict ya without going to tenant court. and if you squat long enough claim land owner rights after a few years.

that learn that stupid company for letting you guys stay there lol.

Comments

• One of the things I most enjoy about OWSNY is that the stupid development company has to abide by their agreement to build a public park.

When they made the agreement with the city they probably thought they were getting off easy in order to get around zoning laws.

OOPS.

Funny how the public needs and uses public space. Even if it is just a giant slab of concrete with some trees planted.

• 2d Amendment rights advocate protects Occupy Phoenix from police:

[video]

That is how to exercise and protect your rights against government intrusion.

• prodigalson said:

2d Amendment rights advocate protects Occupy Phoenix from police:

[video]

That is how to exercise and protect your rights against government intrusion.

Never thought I'd see this. I have to say I do respect the group's zeal in protecting First Amendment rights of OWS/Phoenix, even though they may not like their politics. True bi-partisanship.

• Three Occupy Oakland protesters accused of surrounding and taunting a woman before stealing her wallet were charged on Friday with robbery and hate crimes, authorities said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/03/us-oakland-protests-hatecrimes-idUSTRE82208720120303

I wonder how many opportunistic thugs pretend they are with the movement to get free stuff.

• I wonder how many opportunistic thugs pretend they are with the movement to get free stuff.

It's funny you'd ask this, yet post it in an OWS thread.

• Happy Spring!

Tonight's live stream: The OWS protesters protest last nights arrests, when they tried to take back the Zuccotti park.

Watching it it will provide an real time view of the action.

Who will be smarter tonight? The police or OWS protesters?

...I suspect it will be close.

http://www.ustream.tv/timcast

(note, the reporting is via a OWS member, so you may want watch with open eyes, but listen with a critical ear).

• As expected, this isn't looking good:

As the march progresses toward the Mhtn Detention complex, the police are telling the marchers to stay on the sidewalk, yet they refuse....

It seems like about 100 marchers, 20 journalists and about 100 cops.

• 9:57 PM: They have arrived at the Manhattan Detention Complex (aka The Tombs), where they are demanding those arrested yesterday be released. No violence, or credible threats. ...just a lot of chants about how NYC is a police state, the cops are racist donut lovers, yada, yada, yada

10:05 PM, they have decided to go to Foley Square or Union Square. Those in the lead are telling people conflicting directions....

The juxtaposition between the protesters carrying candles vs. the ones with the handkerchiefs shouting "fuck the police" is interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_bloc

So far, no one (either the police or the protesters) have been violent.

10:56 The march arrives at Union Sq, where there is reportedly already "Occupiers".

• It seems like about 100 marchers, 20 journalists and about 100 cops.

Excellent use of police resources.

• Hey, cops like picnics just like everyone else.

Otherwise they'd be expected to do nasty, unpleasant stuff like chasing muggers, interrupting domestic violence situations, etc.

If you were a cop, wouldn't you rather follow a parade?

• From what I could see, the cops were pretty casual about the whole thing.

Some of them likely got overtime for babysitting the largely harmless, wanna-be revolutionaries who walked around and chanted.

BTW, Gothamist only estimated 50 marchers last night.

I hear the "big show" and "big police overtime" is supposed to happen in Chicago for the G8 summit on May 1. Only about 6 weeks to go!

This discussion has been closed.