JFK Thieves from bagage to security etc... — Brooklynian

JFK Thieves from bagage to security etc...

Well me and my bro lost our only inheritance from china, when my grand folks visited few decades back. they hid mostly silver coins and some gold coins, we had in the family for centuries during the revolution, they thought since we have nothing and super poor, they bring us the coins. But was stolen after they landed at jfk.

also a month after they stay here in the us, our house got robbed, and they left the us in disgust how much thieving there is. they didn't feel safe at all.

the news that jfk is full of thieves doesn't surprise me at all. I have friends told me when they travel internationally they have stuff stolen at jfk.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/26/exclusive-the-stunning-jfk-airport-baggage-scandal-200-thefts-per-day/

The Stunning JFK Airport Baggage Scandal; 200 Thefts Per Day

Think twice before you check your luggage at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

Cash, jewelry, electronics and other valuables are being stolen from passengers’ baggage at a staggering rate.

It’s happening as a result of inside jobs that aren’t being stopped, CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer reports exclusively.

All Rita Lamberg has left is an empty jewelry drawer and pictures of the $160,000 worth of watches, rings and necklaces that were stolen from her baggage at JFK Airport.

“I am so sick. This is a lifetime, a lifetime of my savings,” Lamberg said.

But Lamberg isn’t alone. Law enforcement sources told Kramer that thefts at the airport have increased at a staggering and alarming rate. There are now more that 200 a day — and that’s every day. Baggage handlers, jetway workers and even security people are all in on the ongoing scam to steal you blind.

“The belly of the airplane has become like a flea market for airport employees. They go in there and go through all the luggage unencumbered, unchecked,” JFK security lawyer Kenneth Mollins said.

Mollins is representing Lamberg as she tries to get reimbursed by the airline. Former NYPD detective Frank Shea was hired by other clients who were also ripped off at the airport. They both said the theft problem at JFK is a nightmare that is going unchecked.

Comments

• That's terrible, WN.

The level of "service" at airports is offensive, from airline reps, to baggage handlers, to security people.

Few other industries could get away with a track record as poor as airports or airlines.

It's amazing.

• back then we didn't know they airlines have insurance for these things, we as new immigrants just suck up the lost. and we were dirt poor. huge blow to us.

• What kind of idiot checks $160,000 worth of jewelry. Give me a break...would you leave that kind of stuff in a bag and then walk away. Sorry, it shouldn't happen but I blame the gal for her loss. Anyone with half a brain knows not to leave valuables in their bags. It's been told over and over and over again but some people just don't listen.

• OP, I'm very sorry for your loss of inheritance and the ensuing burglary, and how this happened to your parents. I hope you will be able to make up for it with what you are able to make of your own life.

I don't know how much those coins were worth, but I hope it was less than this other lady's 160k. I can understand bringing coins from China in luggage, I suppose, but I can't understand having 160k of jewelry in checked luggage, it makes no sense at all to transport something of such tremendous value that way. If she's telling the truth I'm sorry for what happened to her as well.

• We were dirt poor, the kids in the ghetto used to make fun of us. we were poor. that little bit could of help but it took us decades to get pass the poverty line in us.

This discussion has been closed.