Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread (Continued) - Page 19 - Brooklynian

Brooklyn Back When - Open Thread (Continued)

1131415161719»

Comments

• Debbie

Just said a prayer for your brother, Angels all around him and make him well.

• Warren,

i have been through a lot in my life and it was much worse than this. So I will take your advice and chill out which I did today. I SHOPPED ...... LOL

• Hello All

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there....

..Enjoy your Day....Hug your kids.....Kiss your Wife....

AND LET'S Be THANKFUL FOR ALL THE GOOD GOD HAS GIVEN US...

• Debbie - So sorry about Vinny...prayers all around him!!

Happy Father's Day to all the great Dad's out there...

• We are at the bottom of the page and I doubt this will show today. It is 6:52pm Sunday 6/17/2012. Lets see when this comes up.

My Father died when he was only 54. I was the last of 5 children so I do not have much memory of what he did or did not do early in his marriage to my Mother. I was 21 when he died 6 months after my Mothers death. They say you are grown up at 21. I did not feel grown up with both my parents gone. My Dad worked shift work as a gas maker for Brooklyn Union Gas co. He later became a foreman and when he died the VP of Brooklyn Union told me my Father was in line to become Plant Supervisor very shortly. I remember that we had to be a little quiet around the house when he worked 12Midinte to 8am shift. He slept during the day then. When he became a Gas Maker he went to Columbia University and took courses on the subject. When Natural Gas came into Brooklyn my Father was given the honor of turning the valve to allow the first Natural Gas to flow through the pipes. You are all to young to remember but before they could send the Natural Gas through, they sent crews into every house and apartment to change the hook ups. While his job kept him so busy he always had time to talk to me about anything I thought was important. I can not tell you how often even now I wish I had him to go to for advice. I still miss him terribly. He was my POP and I loved him dearly. Happy Fathers day POP. :wink:

• Just as I figured. It did not come up yet. BOO

• Hope everyone had a great day.

• Warren this is bunny, Debbie and Deb's girls

Photobucket

• Hi everyone! Happy Father's Day to the dads out there.

I have notified the owner of the site that there is a problem with posts not showing. We are looking into it. Thank you! :sunny:

• Warren, do you remember Bobby Brodbeck Bunny's Husband???

Photobucket

• Mamacita,

I think the problem is when it gets to the end of the page like just now when I posted. My post did not show up until I posted the third one...

Thanks for your help...Love Big Momma lol

• hi everyone,its been a while,happy fathers day,to debbie yes i remember you deb,and your mom and dad,your mom bunny and dad bob,and even your cocker spaniel chow chow,its been a long time,i lived in the same apartment bldg,that you lived in,you lived on the second floor,and i lived on the 3rd floor,apt 18,and a boy friend of yours charlie,and the other girls karen,irene skuza,and lorraine,i forget her last name,her fathers name was gene,she lived a little up the block from us,same side of the street.and cathy dunne,who also lived in our house top floor,her parents used sign language.o.k everyone,take one day at a time,and do the best you can. take care bobby c

• Warren,

Today on facebook so many people wrote about their Dads and they made me cry. Your post also made me cry...I miss my Dad also. No matter how old we are and how old we will be, we will always miss them.

Good Night Sweet Dreams

• bobbyc327 said:

hi everyone,its been a while,happy fathers day,to debbie yes i remember you deb,and your mom and dad,your mom bunny and dad bob,and even your cocker spaniel chow chow,its been a long time,i lived in the same apartment bldg,that you lived in,you lived on the second floor,and i lived on the 3rd floor,apt 18,and a boy friend of yours charlie,and the other girls karen,irene skuza,and lorraine,i forget her last name,her fathers name was gene,she lived a little up the block from us,same side of the street.and cathy dunne,who also lived in our house top floor,her parents used sign language.o.k everyone,take one day at a time,and do the best you can. take care bobby c

BOB

It is me Terry who lived behind you on 20th street that posted Deb and her family. I am still very close with her. I just met a young lady who lives near me and she is John Skuza's daughter. She has little girls now that are his grand children. Lorraine had a polish last name I think.Glad to see you on here... Debbie married Charlie who was my first boyfriend. lol He is in those photos..

Happy Fathers Day

• GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS :)

DEB!!! PRAYERS FOR VINNY [-oB

HE WILL BE OK..HE'S STRONG..I WILL CALL YOU, SOON..XX

HI WARREN.. YES, THE YANKEES ARE 15 GAMES OVER 500.

MY HUSBAND WILL NOT LET ME LIVE IT DOWN.. DAMN, FOR

HAVING MARRIED A YANKEES FAN.. LOL

BUT,I STILL LOVE MY METS...

HI CUZ.. NICE PIX OF BUNNY, DEB & YOU & DEB'S GIRLS!!

GIVE MIKE & MICHAEL KISSES FOR ME FOR FATHER'S DAY.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR DAY OUT WITH THE FAMILY..

I WILL TALK TO YOU, SOON..XX

HI ANNA.. THE PURSE PARTY SOUNDS LIKE FUN. I KNOW A FEW

PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN TO ONE OF THEM..

I HOPE YOU BOUGHT SOMETHING YOU WILL USE.. LOL

HI JUDY..HOPE ALL IS WELL.. DID BOBBY HAVE A NICE FATHER'S

DAY.?? SEND HIM MY LOVE..

HI JOEBROOXX..DID YOU ENJOY YOUR FATHER'S DAY??

I'M SURE YOU DID..TALK TO YOU, SOON..XX

EVERYONE.. ENJOY YOUR DAY!!! XX :flower:

• Good Morning-quick typeby-hot & humid today-near 100...Patsy-I did buy something at the party-a thermal bag for my lunch..it beats that plastic bag that I bring my lunch in everyday...LOL..hope all you Dads had a Happy Father's Day...have to go to work...talk to u later..bye

• Hello All, Terry, I remember Bunny & Debbie from 12thSt Church & Sunday School. I may have met Bobby but honestly do not remember. It is like the Brown girls. I remember Emma & Lucille. We all sang in the Choir together. My two brothers, Bob & Dave, myself, Lucille & Emma Brown. The others were (pardon the expression) before my time. The last time I saw Lucille was at my sisters 50th Anniversary party in Long Island. That was about 1995. :|

Two of my Grandsons were at the Met game yesterday. Unfortuneatly they lost. They traveled all the way from Wanaque NJ. That is up near Greenwood Lake NY. #-o

• Hi all, The site wasn't designed to have threads this long (36 pages). The only real solution is to close this thread and start a new one. You will still be able to read the old thread by going to the forum "Brooklyn Back When" as you know. Let me see if this post shows up...

• This thread is closed to new replies. You can continue discussion here: http://brooklynian.com/forum/brooklyn-back-when/brooklyn-back-when-open-thread

Enjoy!

• Hi-to Bobby C-I was close friends with Cathy Dunne-have wondered thru the years whatever happened to her? do u know? I remember her parents too...small world....

• hi everyone,hope all had a nice fathers day,to terry,if you lived on 20 street,then i probably know you, before i lived at 260 19st,i lived at 248 20st,the 3 family brick just off the corner of 5th ave.i knew a lot of people on 20st,the obriens.tommy,albert,danny,charlies chinese laundry,toddy marinos{dixie tavern}butchy lombardi,ronnie and his father,me and mikey sisto went to ps10 together.and in fact in the summer the church in the middle of the block,between 5 and 6 th ave,used do crafts,paint,in the basement of that church.used to play in the playground,before they built is88.and anna i knew cathy dunne,well i knew everyone at 260 19st,and on the block,the longos,and terry your right lorraine was polish,and i know her parents,real nice people.and all the people,that hung out in the park,before it became is88,troccios,mikey michael,bobby the bop,petey pills,eddie ac,fusey,conroys,foxes,browns,skuza,s,billy bacher,nicky cha,paul splaine and his brother,and from 8th ave,butchie oconner,eddie nelly,howdy doddy.wow thats enough for now{ha ha} ok everyone,take one day at a time, and do the best you can

This discussion has been closed.