Need gastroenterologist recommendation — Brooklynian

Need gastroenterologist recommendation

edited 1:20AM in Park Slope

Can anyone recommend a gastroenterologist (tummy) doc in the area? Someone who listens and you don't have to wait 3 months to see? Dr. David Byrnes has been recommended to me but he is retired.

Comments

• *insert Talking Heads joke here*

• I heard that David Byrnes was arrested for burning down the house. Seriously, though, I would recommend Dr. Scott Tenner of 2211 Emmons Ave. in Sheepshead Bay, across the street from the boats (718 -368-2960). He's also the an Assistant Director of Gastroenterology at Maimonides Hospital in Borough Park.

• Great but I need one closer to me...like park slope Windsor terrace or Kensington.

• Dr. Izmaylov took over the practice (not the gastro part, but the interal med part). He's wonderful and that office may be able to recommend someone. Phone number is 718-788-5050

• Doctor Garcia at 33 8th Ave.

So far so good.

• I know that you asked for a neighborhood referral and I can't help you there.

I can give you the name of the best GI that I have ever been to but he is on the upper East side. He calls or emails you back. Prescriptions are refilled without a hassle by his staff. His appointment times are usually honored, I don't think I have waited more than 15-20 minutes past my appointment time in the more than 15 years I have been going there.

He is affiliated with Mt. Sinai, also is a clinical instructor for the GI people at the hospital.

Leon Kavaler

68 East 86th St, right off Park Ave.

Phone 212-535-1845

He is caring and compassionate, and if you need a procedure it can be done in the office and his wife Dr. Jill Kavaler is his anesthesiologist.

• Dr Slanger in Windsor Terrace used to be my GI doc back in 1980. He is likely retired by now as he was 80 years of age at that time.

Good guy, too.

• Dr. Kodsi in Boro Park. He is seriously like going to a family member who loves you. Worth a trip.

This discussion has been closed.