New Restaurant/Bar Corner of Park Place and Franklin? - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Restaurant/Bar Corner of Park Place and Franklin?

Hey, on a positive note, anyone have the scoop on the new bar/restaurant (?) opening on Park Place and Franklin in the old tax shop? Peeked through the paper this morning, and it looks like they're nearing completion.

Comments

• when we asked, they said restaurant/bar serving tapas
    sounds good to me
    :D
  • oh, i think that might be the place my neighborhood buddy paul was working on opening! he used to cook at "brooklyn heroes" (known to me as cafe hola baby) on prospect by franklin.

he's super awesome!

if someone notices it opening, please post!
  • yeah, that's paul's joint. not sure when it will be open, but i went inside and it was more elaborate than expected. it seems like there's a both a bar area and a dining area. i believe it's going to be a lounge/bar that serves appetizers and tapas-y shit. it'll be interesting to see how it fits into the context of the neighborhood -- will it be another liga sports lounge or this area's version of moe's?
  • Not to be crass, but the food at Brooklyn Heroes never struck me as world-beating. What will be in store for this restaurant? For the love of God, please no overpriced egg-and-cheese sandwiches.
  • JoshB wrote: Not to be crass, but the food at Brooklyn Heroes never struck me as world-beating. What will be in store for this restaurant? For the love of God, please no overpriced egg-and-cheese sandwiches.
    first of all, it's not the egg sandwiches i'm talking about, it's the great chicken stew and other hot dinner food that used to be so good when paul was there. i don't know what i would have done without that place for the 3+ months we didn't have a working stove.

second, i'm sure the food at the new place will be a little fancier than brooklyn heroes', since it's not just trying to be a neighborhood deli.

third, the reason i'm excited is because paul is a terrific, friendly, person, who waves when you pass by and recognizes you on the subway and tells great stories. he's a good cook and he cares about people. so i can't wait to eat at his restaurant.
This discussion has been closed.