Support the PPW Bike Lane!
  • I was there.

There anti-bike lane people all seamed to be past retirement age. (No disrespect intended.)

The pro-bike lane people did not have time to hang around because we had to go to work.. (they did, not me.)
  • BrooklynEm wrote: It's not hard to figure out why the anti- bike lane people were outnumbered at the protest. THEY HAVE JOBS and can't spend a weekday morning holding signs up at a rally.

The anti-bike lane people picked the time and place. There just aren't as many of them.
  • anthonycm wrote: Yes, let's eliminate all the bike lanes, encourage even more cars on the road (more noise, pollution, etc.), more unsafe biking for adults and kids, and help grow even fatter Americans. That's exactly what NYC needs.

Gee, just what NYC needs, more people telling them what they need or don't need should or shouldn't do.
  • eggcream wrote:

Gee, just what NYC needs, more people telling them what they need or don't need should or shouldn't do.

You're right. What was I thinking advocating for my point of view, pointing out the negatives of removing the bike lanes in a post about the pros and cons of the bike lanes?
  • Well, there's one thing the hotly contested bike lane can't do! And that's getting me to Fiore's Deli in Hoboken for a muzz and meat sandwich. Which I hope to get to within an hour or so. Although if the NY/NJPA did create such a path, I'd support it.
  • Idlewild wrote: Well, there's one thing the hotly contested bike lane can't do! And that's getting me to Fiore's Deli in Hoboken for a muzz and meat sandwich. Which I hope to get to within an hour or so. Although if the NY/NJPA did create such a path, I'd support it.

That sounds awesome, and potentially worthy of a Brooklynian road trip! We should try to make this happen.
  • You've been?
  • Idlewild wrote: You've been?

Not yet. :cry:
  • If the city really wants to cash in they should start ticketing drivers for red lights, speeding etc.

Bike riders should be ticketed as well.
    I ride all over the hood and try to obey basic traffic rules, but there are too many riders (especially near PPK) who do not.
  • Carnivore wrote: [quote=Idlewild]You've been?

Not yet. :cry:

Vito's, also in Hoboken, has the better muzz by a very thin margin. But, Fiore's definitely makes a better sandwich.
  • the results of Brad Lander's survey are in: http://bradlander.com/ppwsurvey

shows overwhelming support for the bike lane.

• Marty Gives His POV on the PPW Bike Lane

I have nothing against the bike lane, but the City really needs to clarify, as in MARK & SHOW SIGNS, that it's a two-way lane.

• 3 year later:Emboldened by the success of the bike lane, the election of new mayor and media coverage of pedestrian deaths, pedestrian and bike advocates are going a step further....By establishing far more 20 MPH zones, coupled with more enforcement of traffic laws, they would like to work toward no pedestrian deaths.Known as "Vision Zero", they got together today at GAP:
  • Interesting to read back through this thread and see the comments about bikes being dangerous, a bigger threat than cars, etc.What an epic, staggering prediction failure. People that opposed the PPW bike lane should be ashamed and embarrassed. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/nyregion/after-a-sons-death-parents-turn-their-grief-to-activism.html
  • Not many people want to admit it, but we are not going to really reduce pedestrian deaths unless pedestrians AND cars change their behavior

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook