The Crown Heights Community Mediation Center is kicking of their 4th annual Arts to End Violence contest are we are currently accepting visual art submissions. We welcome submissions from all geographic areas and all age groups. Read below for more details or contact chcmcblog at gmail dot com.
Each year Arts to End Violence hosts a series of inspiring and educational events, including a gallery exhibition to display antiviolence art from adults and youth, a talent show, and a block party where children can create their own art and celebrate each other’s talents. We are seeking the help of local artists, schools, non-profits, and art-related organizations to maximize our impact on the community. Visit artstoendviolence.tumblr.com to see work from previous years.
You can get involved in the following ways:
- Submit your art or your children’s art into our contest (submissions of all ages are welcomed)
- If you are a teacher or youth worker, design an antiviolence themed project for your youth, or invite CHCMC staff to come lead a workshop
- Collaborate with the Mediation Center to host an art-making event
- Donate prizes or funds to reward the winning youth art submissions
- Display winning art pieces in your gallery, cafe, school, or other place of work
- Attend the Arts to End Violence events (Calendar below).
March 22nd: Talent Show
April 10th: Final Deadline for Art Submissions
May 17th: Arts To End Violence at Kingston Weekend Walks (block party)
May 23rd: Arts to End Violence Gallery Show - Opening Night