Bar Sepia
  • Finally had a drink at Bar Sepia on Friday night. It's located on Underhill between Eastern Parkway and St. Johns. Very nice designed space with a small outdoor patio. Nice wine by the glass but with a really boring selection of beer in both bottles and on tap. Friendly vibe!
  • Agreed - a great and comfortable space. Go take a look at the sign in the men's bathroom. And send in a camphone photo...
  • i live across the street and love sepia. the owner is a local rez, delissa and her husband. much care and love is/was put into the joint. from my first glass of wine...always friendly and sweet and many good conversations with the clientale. also always a great mix of people, really representative of the neighborhood.
    after the elections my girlfriend and i stumbled out away from the TV around 1am, already sloshed, with depression on the horizan. we went there. a huge group of like-minded individuals. screaming at the TV. delissa and her barkeeps made sure our glasser were full...on the house. it helped deaden the pain....just one of my memories of sepia.
  • My favorite spot in the neighborhood!

Actually - I'm looking for a room /share in the area so I can stay close to it and the park.
  • Now THAT is customer loyalty.
  • Well I've got friends in the neighborhood - ita not ALL about Sepia -- but I will say it's the most pleasant place to have an after work pint - and the crowd is really great.

Oh and Candace the bartender is an amaaaaaaazxing jazz singer - who has been doing shows lately...not to be missed.
  • Time to create a Zombie thread!

Those of us who go there regularly, know that Bar Sepia hasn't changed too much over the last 8 years, and has become a community of sorts.

• Always was, hopefully always will be. Although there has been some change... unless its a special event, like New Years or the annual March anniversary party, its been a number of years since I walked in and had a "Norm" moment, i.e., everyone in the place looks up, smiles and says my name. On a crowded night, I may now know 2-3 people, not including bar staff. So the palce definitely has changed. But so has the neighborhood.

Then again, its been a number of years since I was there more than once a month. Might've been a bad idea to have those damned children.

• I am by no means as regular as some of the "real" regulars, but am certainly a familiar face.

Yes, the crowd has changed. It was once the only place to go nearby, now there are many, many places.

...part of my loyalty might stem from Bar Sepia securing me as a customer during my "formative years", my 30s.

• I have just learned that Bar Sepia turns 9 years old this weekend!

Congrats to Delissa (on right) and her hard working crew!

• Good on, Delissa. It's a quintessential "local".

• Come join us to celebrate our 9th Anniversary!

Friday, April 5th

9:30p-11p

Bar Sepia

234 Underhill Ave

B’klyn

Hope to see you!!!!

• Bar Sepia received the 2013 Brooklyn Small Business Award!

Thank you SBS Commissioner Robert Walsh, Ann Rangone, Jerry Bruno, all at the SBS and the NYC Neighborhood Achievement Awards Committee for the AMAZING honor!

Quote and photo from Delissa's Facebook page.

• This Saturday, March 15th, Bar Sepia turns 10!

....past and present customers will unite!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook