Mail on Lefferts Place (Aldelphi Station)
  • I live on Lefferts Place and lately it seems as though there are days where the mail carrier does not make it to my building.  Is that normal? 

I've been looking out for a piece of mail and thought I saw the mail carrier enter a building all the way down the block around 7:45 p.m. Knowing that he'd have to do 2 huge buildings and a few houses, I thought it would be a few minutes before he got to my place.  
     I checked again a few minutes later and there was no sign of him.  I'm thinking his shift was over at 8 p.m. and he just did not complete his route. 
    No one in my building received any mail today.  Does this happen a lot? 
  • It's happening with increasing frequency on my block in Park Slope. May be related to the Postal Service's financial problems.
  • There are weeks when we just don't get our magazines.

But, yes, we frequently don't get our mail delivery until after 6pm.  I don't know if these carriers can work flex time, or what, but it seems extremely late.
  • Ever since I moved to Crown Heights the mail has been an ongoing issue. We've had no less then three different carriers. Packages that get shipped by USPS go out for delivery and don't delivered until 2-3 days after they go out for delivery. Letters and bills arrive late and they've lost so much freaking mail. Oh and the current carrier occasionally stuffs my buildings mail into my box.

I'd call to complain but they already know about the great job their doing in Brooklyn. Good news is soon we might not have to deal with these clowns.
  • I just wanted to let you all know that if you're an Amazon Prime member and the USPS continually fails to deliver your stuff on time call them! I've contacted Amazon twice about my orders being late and today they filled out a shipping feedback forum and changed my preferred carrier over to UPS.
  • newguy88 said:

I just wanted to let you all know that if you're an Amazon Prime member and the USPS continually fails to deliver your stuff on time call them! I've contacted Amazon twice about my orders being late and today they filled out a shipping feedback forum and changed my preferred carrier over to UPS.

That's good to know.  Luckily, I can have my Amazon packages delivered to work, where USPS is much better than I find it to be at Adelphi.

This week, our building's mail was delivered to another address.  I know I'm still missing things.  I called to complain, but given that they don't return calls, I'm not sure why I bother.
  • Everyone at Adelphi post office should be fired and the building should be razed to the ground.
  • If the issue is the steps, a lot of us will have a problem if this spreads. 

If the issue is having the slot at the bottom of the door, I totally understand, and a quick fix would be to purchase a box and affix it to the side of the door.  When we purchased a new front door, we had a look at USPS's website, and they clearly provide the guidelines - https://www.usps.com/manage/know-mailbox-guidelines.htm.
  • Yeah if they decide that they're not going to climb any steps we are going to be in for a lot of trouble. The whole claiming its a safety thing walking up the stairs seems like another way for mail carriers to not deliver the mail.

I get the not bending down that far thing thats a great way for the USPS to lose much need money to worker comp claims. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook