Brooklyn Photography
  • Not much activity in this board so I thought I'd try to get some going...

As an avid non-professional photographer living in Brooklyn I find there to be an overabundance of photographic subjects and people in Brooklyn. For all of the Brooklyn photographers out there, lets discuss our favorite locations and photographic hangouts.

I will start - having recently moved to Windsor Terrace I have been spending most of my photography time at Prospect Park, especially around the lake and some of other less busy areas nearby.
  • When I travel, probably 80% of my pics are of people. I don't have a ton of interest in architecture (at least not in taking photos of it) and enjoy landscape but am not dedicated to it. Do not do abstracts or many photos of goofy statues, that kind of thing. Yet I still get nervous trying to take pictures of photos around BK, which is so picturesque with beautiful people. Would love any tips on getting over the nerves!

Have also enjoyed digital infrared around my neighborhood...GAP and the park are good subjects...Greenwood too.

• me personally like to shoot in all the landmark area's of brooklyn even more so now because everything is changing so fast and so quick, i just looked at some stuff i shot on vanderbuilt in the middle of the street and im so happy i shot em , but so sad i didnt shoot more. :(
  • naugastyle

very beautiful shots
  • More photos PLEASE!!!!
  • It is rare to see a celestial event in the 5 boros, this is the Moon, Venus and Jupiter from 12/1/08:
    Crescent Moon Venus & Jupiter
  • Cool!

I understand there will be a big snow fall in NYS today (we are expecting a blizzard here in Minnesota). Please show fotos of Prospect Park and the neighborhood of snowy street and park scenes.

Thanx!

took this one a few weeks ago. Walking around 8th ave in the fall is always the best.
  • Walking around the neighborhood Christmas Day:
    WINDSOR TERRACE
  • Photobucket

How about this???Greenwood Cemetery last weekend for my husband's 10th anniversary. My son and granddaughter releasing balloons to heaven to their Dad and Grandpa. AS MY BOY SAYS ....ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG!!!!
  • What beautiful and touching picture T-Bone. After a loved one of ours would pass my son would release a balloon with a note to the person we lost. He thought that it would find its way to them in heaven and who am I to disagree.
  • stacey wrote: What beautiful and touching picture T-Bone. After a loved one of ours would pass my son would release a balloon with a note to the person we lost. He thought that it would find its way to them in heaven and who am I to disagree.

HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!! Who are we to say if it does get there or does not.....What a great idea!!!

Did not realize until today there has not been any activity on here in a very long time....Thanks for your post....I'm one of the nuts from Brooklyn Back When LOL
  • I know this is probably a shot in the dark, but any chance you could post those pictures you took of vanderbilt st? I used to live there in the 60's and 70's and would love to see some pictures.
  • I have never outgrown my love for trolleys and trackless buses. Here is a link to many old photos of these gems in Brooklyn:

http://www.davesrailpix.com/nyc/brook.htm#bvb

http://www.trolleybuses.net/nop/htm/usa_h_nop_sl_3052_williamsburgbridgeplaza_1960_ss.htm

If you have any personal photos of these greats, please post them here.

Thanx!

• Awesome pictures.

• This group of people are posing for group shot, at the fountain viewing area on a lovely Sunday afternoon.

They are members of a brand new band, and "everything we are wearing is Polo. The pants, the shirts, the jackets, the hats. Everything."

• For those into history, this shot was take in 1897:

Some buildings are, um, missing.

• Shot from the International Space Station, taken earlier this week

• Ah great thread idea. Hope it revives.
    I prefer old structures and decay, and seek it out on travels in the US and abroad.

Redhook was nice but much is gone or spruced up. Curious what other Bklyn areas are hidden gems for this
  • Awesome pics, Whynot ---

How I wish that people would post on this thread every day.

• I really like the old train engine. It is like Thomas The Train.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GnrwM7vFn_U
  • goldemi1 said:

Ah great thread idea. Hope it revives.
    I prefer old structures and decay, and seek it out on travels in the US and abroad.

Redhook was nice but much is gone or spruced up. Curious what other Bklyn areas are hidden gems for this

yes. I believe that old trolley car behind the Fairway is finally gone.
  • Wasn't that trolley car damaged in Hurricane Sandy. I remember reading an article somewhere that mentions an old trolley or train car was sunk into the the river and the local maritime schools are growing oyster beds using them.  
  • Here's several photos of the Franklin Avenue Shuttle, at the Dean St Station: