Animal (appearing) skeleton in former McDonald's site on 4th Avenue and 1st Street - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Animal (appearing) skeleton in former McDonald's site on 4th Avenue and 1st Street

giogio
edited June 2014 in Gowanus
A most disgusting sight.  I phoned it into 311 and was switched around. Bottom line after being asked whether there was still flesh on it and might it be a rat (it's not):  it is apparently not the Dept. of Sanitation or other city responsibility because it is considered private property. It looks like it was dumped there rolled into and/or covered by a tarp that got blown away with wind.  Any ideas as to what can be done about this other than my going to have to shovel it up myself (I'm not)? 

Comments

• You'd have to call to make sure, but in the last state I lived in we called animal control and reported it as a dead animal on the street/road/etc. It would take a couple days but eventually they'd come out and scoop it up. They'd probably be more apt to pick it up if you are a little vague just say it may be a small dog/cat and not anything else.

• edited June 2014
    If it is on private property, the city workers are not supposed to go on the property to get it.

So, I see two choices:

1. Contact the property's owner, who then moves it.

2. With a snow shovel, move it to public property.
  • Thank you both. I don't own a snow shovel as I am a renter but I appreciate your comments.