City trying to shut down "God's Only Demons" club on Butler St. ...
  • ... citing violence and illegal alcohol sales:
    The club, on Butler St. near Fourth Ave., has been the scene of a fatal shooting and a 16-year-old was injured after being served booze, according to court papers.
  • No great loss to anyone really.
  • Oh yeah? Then where are Gowanians going to have their baby showers?
    God's Only Demons Motorcycle Club was the scene of a fatal shooting, but neighbors say it's harmless.
  • Actually NewguyI have known a lot of these guys and girls for many years. They do a lot for the community and you never see them running wild in a pack like those bikers who beat up that driver. We all know why they are complaining.  
  • @stacey I think the main problem this club has is a public relations problem with the neighbors.
    Especially following the shooting. They know about the shooting, and every day, walk by a sign that says "God's Only Demons" and they assume the worst.

Maybe time for a name change. How about "Rainbow Butterflies"?
  • The problem is the neighbors don't want to get to know them.  There can be shootings/killings in the best and worst of places.  Why is there no outrage over the prostitution problem there?  A man was killed at Branded and no one asked to have them closed down.  Im usually able to see both sides of a situation but with this one it just seems one sided.  

Thanks for that good chuckle with "Rainbow Butterflies" lol. 

• The problem is the neighbors don't want to get to know them.

That's probably true for some neighbors but not all. It sounds like they are doing stuff in the community, which is going to be even more important especially now with the city pressure to shut them down.
  • Might be time for an open house.

....maybe offer to host the local police - community mtg.
  • They have worked with the local precinct for toy drives, etc.  You want to look around - knock on the door.  Remember not to judge a book by its cover,  these guys are some of the nicest, hardworking guys you can meet.   This is exactly what happened when every one judged the shrine.  Almost all of them have lived in the neighborhood for the majority of their lives.   
  • That would be fair, but this will come down to who has power.

The police and the politicians will appease the group that has the most, whether it is fair or not.
  • Unfortunately you are right Whynot and I think that pisses me off the most.  

• @stacey I think the main problem this club has is a public relations problem with the neighbors.

Especially following the shooting. They know about the shooting, and every day, walk by a sign that says "God's Only Demons" and they assume the worst.

Maybe time for a name change. How about "Rainbow Butterflies"?

lol, or Butterfly Bikers?
  • I noticed that the police notice saying the club is a nuisance has been taken off. Anyone know the disposition of the case? Is the after-hours club still open for business?
  • The SLA is actually the entity who cancels the liquor lic, and the NYPD is basically the complainant.

To find out if the NYPD was sucessful:
    A. Learn the street address of the club.
    B. Go to the Public Inquiry tab and see if you can locate the complaints against the club, or disciplinary action: http://www.sla.ny.gov/

Note: Even if the NYPD won, I believe the club could legally continue to host events if it did not serve alcohol.
  • t! Not much attraction for folks if they don't serve alcohol. I don't have anything against the motorcycle club. But the after-hours club creates problems for the neighborhood.
  • Nothing on SLA for this club. Looks like they never had a liquor license. If they host 'private' functions, they don't need one? 
  • Even if they don't charge for drinks, if they have a cover charge, the police can charge them as operating a bar without a lic.

Eventually, someone at the pct will get enough pressure that they have an officer grow some stubble and put on a leather jacket....

Be part of the pressure.