bees & wasp exterminator
  • Does anyone have a recommendation for a bee
    or wasp exterminator?  We have 15 to 20
    flying insects swarming in our yard and I don’t want to get close enough to
    them to find out if they're either bees or wasps. 

• Please give u a call
    Philip Mezzatesta
    Franchise Owner
    Pestmaster Services of Brooklyn
    3807 13 Ave, Brooklyn , Ny , 11229
    Main: (347) 234-2215
    Email: pestmasternyc1@msn.com
    Http://www.pestmaster.com/brooklyn-ny-pest-control.html

The "Right Choice "Protectors of Home,Health, and Environment

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
    This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sent from my iPhone
  • Wow "15 or 20 flying insects"  in your back yard of all places. How this is a "swarm" of anything is hysterical.  Maybe all those horrible flowers growing back there have attracted this "swarm." kill the flowers, not the bees or better yet build a huge screened in back yard, that will get out all flying life forms. 
  • I agree with Brooklyn navy yard. Please don't kill them.
  • Wow "15 or 20 flying insects"  in your back yard of all places. How this is a "swarm" of anything is hysterical.  Maybe all those horrible flowers growing back there have attracted this "swarm." kill the flowers, not the bees or better yet build a huge screened in back yard, that will get out all flying life forms. 

Please do not attack/call out a member for asking a legitimate question. Please read the rules of the site, thank you.
  • bees are beneficial insects that pollinate everything on the planet.  without them there would not be any fruit, flowers and honey.  There is a huge crisis in that bees are dying in droves and we are going to face a huge crisis (larger than flying insects in a backyard)  Thanks to man's insecticides and flying bug contraptions, we are killing off beneficial insects along with pests. We need to get more in touch with nature.
    Get on your computer and identify what you have flying out there.  yellow jackets and wasps - these are pests and you don't want to be stung by them. Call any pest control to identify and isolate the pests fir extermination.  Bees dont sting unless you provoke them and they should never be killed.  
  • To
    BrooklynNavyYard:  Perhaps I didn't explain my 
    concerns well
    enough.   I didn't mean one or two bees
    flying around my flowers.    I really
    meant a swarm in a very small area, they do not go from flower to flower, and they stay
    in one two square foot spot. 

Not that I
    need to explain myself to you, but here are four reasons why I have to deal
    with this.

I don’t
    know what they are and I can’t use my yard to water my plants, something that
    gives me pleasure, I don’t want to get stung.  

I
    am currently undergoing chemo, my oncologist has made it clear I can’t get an
    infection. 

There
    are small children who live next door.  
    I’ve already spoken to my neighbor and we've agreed the children will
    not play near that part of the fence until this is resolved.  The swarm is in a single spot near the fence.

I
    have a tenant; we offer shared use of the garden.  It should be obvious why the tenant can’t use
    the garden until this is resolved.  

• One of my friends uses another product by this manufacturer to catch houseflies and she swears by it. She's got a similar problem in her yard and is getting this to deal with it.

http://www.rescue.com/product/why-trap-wasps-hornets-yellowjackets
  • So, how did it resolve, Terryl? Hope it was a good ending.
  • Hi Terryl,

After posting my comment about not killing the bees, a wasps nest appeared outside our front door. They decided that our front window made a perfect shelter for their hive. I called the NYPD to get Tony Bees as suggested but they will only deal with public property. My husband found a terrific person on the internet. Mickey the Beekeeper.com. He came by, stuck the nest in a container and relocated them far away. He doesn't use chemicals which was important to us as we have a small child. And I am sure you don't want to be exposed to any more chemicals than you have to. Since he removed the hive a few days ago I haven't seen any more wasps. If you do have bees perhaps he can adopt them. Hope things are going well with the chemo and you recover from whatever cancer you may have. Sorry that you had to post that information.

S.