After walking around yesterday with my notebook and doing my research/ digging this morning here are the developments to watch in Northern Boerum Hill/ Downtown Brooklyn area. Only 2 of these are on the southside of Atlantic Ave. I haven't even crossed Atlantic Ave yet...
1) Bond/ Livingston- 25 floors with 714 apartments and 20% are slated to be affordable housing.
2) Nevins and Schermerhorn- 18 floors with 61 apartments
3) Also on Schermerhorn at Flatbush there is a empty lot with some work going on, will get a pic soon.
4) 8-16 Nevins/ Livingston- 28 floors with 149 apartments and ground floor retail
5) A laundromat at the corner on Nevins/ Atlantic just recently sold with tons of frontage on Atlantic and backs up to Pacific St. There is rumors that the developer is trying to buy out the people in the brownstones on Nevins to take up the whole block. Already they have ~48,000 buildable sqft but they want MORE!
6) An old neighborhood parking lot on State St./ Bond was just recently sold and will be developed most likely into townhouses.
7) An Ace Hotel at the corner of Bond/ Schermerhorn
8) A Holiday Inn at 300 Schermerhorn 12-14 floors with 247 rooms. The structure is up on this one they are framing out the floors.
Smaller condo/ townhouse developments:
9) 440 Atlantic Ave b/ween Nevins and Bond; a 7 unit condo development that is ~50% completed and looks like all the units are already in contract ranging from $875K to $2.2M. This probably will be completed in the Fall and then the wait for all the paperwork to clear.
10) 340-355 State St. and Bond is becoming 7 townhouses, similar to the 9 townhouses that sold out a couple years ago on State St. a little further down b/ween Smith and Hoyt st.