• http://www.banhmigosbrooklyn.com

According to the temporary sign over the entrance, a Banhmigos will be opening in the space in between Silver Rice and the space formerly held by Park Place Coffee.
  • Ah, the former location of Homage:   http://www.brooklynian.com/discussion/43305/homage/p1

Homage was the store with the orange awning, and closed due to a fire in 2007 or 2008:
    638 Park Place

It has been vacant quite sometime.

mmmm...Vietnamese food :)

I also like that they have an existing location nearby.    This makes me believe that they will know how to run a restaurant....
  •  I go to the one in PS regularly. Excellent banh mi. Hopefully this is a second store, not a move?
  • mamacita said:

I go to the one in PS regularly. Excellent banh mi. Hopefully this is a second store, not a move?

2nd location. They are shooting for a late August open. And supposedly this location is going to focus more on the "(a)migo" part of their offering than the other store. Because we need more Mexican food.
  • I hope they will serve banh mi and bubble tea here. We definitely need a little more variety in the area though I do love Mexican. We definitely have a number of very good ones around. The PS Bahnmigos is good but the best Banh mi I've had so far is Hanco's. They get really good bread.
  • Schmu said:

The PS Bahnmigos is good but the best Banh mi I've had so far is Hanco's. They get really good bread.

Try Nam Nam in East Williamsburg sometime. Just a little hole-in-the-wall... theirs is the best banh mi I've ever had, by a pretty good bit.

• I'm going to definitely try the new location.  I've always talked about how they should make a Vietnamese burrito to go with their store name. Seeing bulgogi tacos were the rage a few years ago, why not banh burritos!?
  • Thanks Mike, I will definitely try Nam Nam!
  • Same row of stores, July 21, 2014

• The gods have heard my prayers! I hope it is delicious.
  • A Vietnamese place that doesn't serve Pho? This is ALMOST exactly what I want, but man, I gotta have that pho. I wonder if they can be convinced to cook up that broth..
  • whynot_31 said:

Ah, the former location of Homage:   http://www.brooklynian.com/discussion/43305/homage/p1

Homage was the store with the orange awning, and closed due to a fire in 2007 or 2008:
    638 Park Place

It has been vacant quite sometime.

mmmm...Vietnamese food :)

I also like that they have an existing location nearby.    This makes me believe that they will know how to run a restaurant....

2008.  Man, I seriously get a legit craving for Homage probably once per month.  Their fried pumpkin was amazing....
    Sorry to hijack a thread about something new to just keep remembering how amazing their food was before....
  • Banhmigos will seek Cb8's support for a beer and wine lic.

....the subcommittee meets on Aug 4th.
  • The committee supported the application tonight: 27 indoor seats, 14 outdoor seats.

Hopefully they can get this permit by Sept 15.
  • Did Michael de zayas appear to seek support for his cafe/bar at the former beauty world?
  • He did not.
    http://www.brooklynian.com/discussion/38807/whoa-beauty-world-is-gone/p1

BTW, I don't remember Homage being able to fit 27 people, but I guess the fire dept came up with that number.

@xlizellx - do you remember how many tables Homage had?
  • If I recall correctly, Homage could seat about 20 inside, but they also had 2-3 picnic tables in the backyard. Had myself a coupla good burgers there. Sigh.
  • Unlike Homage, I believe Banhmigos is going to use the space in front of their storefront for seating.

As a result of being next to Silver Rice, it will be the areas' first side by side, sidewalk eating areas.

....once the legal matters with the old Park Place Coffee location are settled, and that space is filled, we could end up with a line of three.
  • whynot_31 said:

Unlike Homage, I believe Banhmigos is going to use the space in front of their storefront for seating.

As a result of being next to Silver Rice, it will be the areas' first side by side eating areas.

....once the legal matters with the old Park Place Coffee location are settled, and that space is filled, we could end up with a line of three.

They should compliment each other well.  Silver Rice has been regularly packed lately and continues to get great reviews on Yelp.  The sushi there is awesome.
  • A request for kitchen inspection is now on file with DOH, which often means they are ready to open as soon as the city gives them permission.

636 Park Place

• I am continuing to hear that this place should open "soon".

While I haven't rec'd a date, I believe/hope that means by Nov 15.

A quick search of the alc permit status shows that they haven't rec'd their lic yet.

The only permit listed for the address is the expired one for Homage.

http://www.trans.abc.state.ny.us/servlet/ApplicationServlet?pageName=com.ibm.nysla.data.publicquery.PublicQuerySuccessfulResultsPage&validated=true&serialNumber=1211182&licenseType=RW
  • They said hopefully November when I asked them earlier in October.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook