annoying opera lady - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

annoying opera lady

Anyone else hear the girl doing opera exercises behind 6th ave between 19th and 20th? They range from shrieks to songs. I work from my yard and have tried playing tunes or listening to radio but she cuts right through it.

Is this noise pollution or am I a curmudgeon?

Comments

• Is it all day/night? If it's an hour during reasonable hours of the day, you're a curmudgeon. If it's for several hours at very early or very late hours, you have a gripe.

Can you figure out where she lives and speak to her?
  • either way its not noise pollution if its during reasonable hours.

but, no, op is not a curmudgeon if opera lady is facing a wide open window and broadcasting for a half block .
    if this is the case
    I suggest shouting " shut your fucking window asshole "
    (from a concealed position !!)
    or aiming a speaker at the open window at cranking up some death metal.
    jackhammering in your yard could work wonders as well.

of course, asking nicely FIRST might be more beneficial ;)
  • I can't believe I'm seeing your post from 2008- i've noticed this horrible opera wannabe for the last few days and it's driving me crazy (i study at home a lot). I am really sad that this has been going on that long. She's terrible and hasn't improved since 2008. Who is she??? I don't know if you are still there but I hear her from 23rd street...
  • edited September 2014

Is she singing the Voices of Spring?
  • Is she the mother of Opera Man?

• Nah, but she was old enough to have been his grandma.

;)
  • she sucks. i want to put a sign on the streets so she'll shuttup. i don't want to passive aggressively public shame her, but i don't know where it comes from.