Franklin Park — Brooklynian

Franklin Park

has this beer garden already been discussed?

i am easy to please in a beer garden, but i found the selection unimpressive and the service cold.

also, i don't want to make the obvious judgements about who is likely to frequent a six-dollar-a-pint beer garden and the neighboring block, but it seems like st. johns is ripe for some altercations between rowdy drunken wealth and the residents of st johns.

Comments

• http://www.brooklynian.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40635

Dunno about the service. As far as the judgments, it seems to be doing just fine and is busy whenever I've passed it. I believe they have expansion plans as well.
  • Or in other words, hoegaardegentriconfrontation.

Not to be confused with ontological skirmishes with trustafarian Danish Existentialists, aka kierkegaardegentriconfrontation.

That's totally different. They drink Heineken.
  • jeffrey wrote: Or in other words, hoegaardegentriconfrontation.

Not to be confused with ontological skirmishes with trustafarian Danish Existentialists, aka kierkegaardegentriconfrontation.

That's totally different. They drink Heineken.
    Fucking trustafarian Danish Existentialists. :mad:
  • Aw you guys are great :cheers:
  • Subject: Re: Franklin Park

Chekhovian wrote: has this beer garden already been discussed?

i am easy to please in a beer garden, but i found the selection unimpressive and the service cold.

also, i don't want to make the obvious judgements about who is likely to frequent a six-dollar-a-pint beer garden and the neighboring block, but it seems like st. johns is ripe for some altercations between rowdy drunken wealth and the residents of st johns.
    That is making quite a generalization about the people who live in that neighborhood. $6 for a pint has become standard at bars in this city. If people want to drink a beer at a beer garden, that is what they'll pay - because it's worth it to them. I remember frequenting a beer garden when I was making 30k/year, because that's the place I liked to hang out at. Fights are bound to happen at any bar because they are fueled by alcohol, not necessarily economics.
  • If it wasn't for generalizations we wouldn't have anything to blog about. What are we supposed to do submit our arguments for peer review? You make a pretty big supposition with your statement "fights are bound to happen at any bar because they are fueled by alcohol, not necessarily economics." I'd like to see the facts that has led to your conclusion. Rejecting somebodies "educated guess" as to what might happen and submitting your own prejudice is disingenuous. It's also a big come down after Daver and Jeffrey's answers.
  • I went to Franklin Park and had to witness an altercation, in fact was in a middle of one between a six dollar pint and a shot of Jim Beam. In order to smooth things out, I had to hold both of them in my hands, calm them down and sip accordingly.

On the real side though, I doubt that there would be any altercations due to patrons of the bar and the residents, since Franklin Park is developing a diverse clientale due to the residents of the area. When I want draft beer I go to Franklin Park. When I want my Henny and Heineken, I go to 95 South. It is all about options and it appears to be a good thing that Crown Heights is getting options.

As far as the service, I can't speak on that since I usually go during the week when Sean is working, and he is a friendly bartender.
  • Love Sean. I've had perfunctory service there, but only because every time I've been it's been massively busy. No complaints.
  • In the words of Frank Capra:

"Hey look, mister - we serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast, and we don't need any characters around to give the joint "atmosphere". Is that clear, or do I have to slip you my left for a convincer?"

~ It's A Wonderful Life

This is what I want from a bar. Franklin Park delivers.
  • In the words of Frank Capra:

"Hey look, mister - we serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast, and we don't need any characters around to give the joint "atmosphere". Is that clear, or do I have to slip you my left for a convincer?"

~ It's A Wonderful Life

This is what I want from a bar. Franklin Park delivers.
    I will use this , thanks !

This discussion has been closed.