Prices in Gowanas - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prices in Gowanas

edited October 2014 in Gowanus
Of course prices everywhere are through the roof, but is it insane to pay over $1000/sq ft in Gowanus? I know the area is on an upswing and there's going to be rezoning and all. But is that just too damn high for a condo at this point?

Comments

• As a rational and sane being, that is insane price for an area in a flood zone (I lived in flood areas as a child). Yet this area has become trendy, so it is realistic for the supply and demand.
  • I have lived in Brooklyn my whole life and have been amazed to see the transformation of that area. However, I cannot see spending $1k a square foot on that area when there are other great options that are a 15 minute bike ride from Gowanus for half the price. I would suggest checking out Ditmas Park, Prospect Park South and Bay Ridge as other options for buying.
  • Both of you make perfect sense. We're somewhat seduced by the cool restaurants, etc., in Gowanus. It's kind of mind blowing, but it is sort of becoming a destination. We're looking all over, waiting for the right thing to come along. Might be this super overpriced place in the flood plain! Might not.