Santacon 2014 — Brooklynian

Santacon 2014

After years of making Manhattan miserable Santacon has decided to head down to Bushwick. Yep the worlds funnest collection of drunk jerks are heading to Brooklyn to make us all miserable as they urinate in the streets, harass gay people, sexually harass any women they can find and throw up all over the subway. Ah yes, now would be a great time to take a day long trip out of Brooklyn. God help you if you live in Bushwick. I'd like to emphasize this is an event where the organizers have to remind the participants that sexual assault is wrong! 

Comments

• Once or twice I was foolish enough to take the LIRR into Manhattan on that day and there were quite a bunch of weird looking folks in Santa suits traveling in as well so I guess there will be less people this year since it's tougher to get to Bushwick by LIRR and subway than just the straight in trip to Penn. Of course, the young gals in their elf costumes weren't bad to look at.
  • Some of the skirts are quite short.
  • Yes guys there will be quite a few thoroughly intoxicated scantily clad elves stumbling about. 

@Pragmaticguy I think your are probably correct I doubt that as many people will make the journey especially if the L is undergoing work. Also, there are fewer bars in Bushwick then say the LES. Also a few establishments have already stated they won't open early or they won't serve any santas or elfs. Could make for a smaller and slightly calmer  Santacon. However, I have faith in the ability the participants to still make drunken asses out of themselves. 
  • Many of the participants seem to be from Long Island, Staten Island or NJ.
  • edited November 2014
    Many do and many reside within NYC as well.
  • I suspect some are accountants.
  • Why accountants?
  • edited November 2014
    As a result of their jobs, I think they need drunken debauchery. At least I would.
  • edited November 2014
    As a result of their jobs, I think they need drunken debauchery. At least I would.
    They may need it, but debauchery, particularly this type, would not fit a stereotypical accountant's personality.

• That is why they wear disguises.
  • edited November 2014
    Of all professions, many of them which as a result of their job descriptions may also need a debauchery relief, why did you pick accountants?  Did you just get out of a meeting with you your accounting department?
  • Do not try to understand me.
  • ...and the peace of WhyNot, which surpasseth all understanding...
  • Like Santa himself.
  • We made whynot and he is us. 
  • edited November 2014
    I am glad Santacon is no longer in Crown Heights. I suspect it is because CH does not have many places serving Bud Light on daught.
  • When was it in Crown Heights? I thought it was always in Manhattan. I remember it being in SoHo, LES, Hells Kitchen also maybe Midtown and the village as well.
  • edited November 2014

Here's the thread: http://www.brooklynian.com/discussion/comment/376469#Comment_376469

Here's a photo of my dog with a santacon santa in Mount Prospect Park: http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq220/whynot_31/DSC02346.jpg
  • edited November 2014
    Woah, that was definitely during my time in NYC.

A protest website has already gone live. It urges people to contact their CB members and to file noise complaints. Yeah... good luck with that. They also have a handy flyer for bars to display barring Santas.
  • Arresting Santa(s) would merely feed into Fox News's belief that there is a war on Christmas.
  • Do not try to understand me.
    My sincere apologies.
  • I do not take offense, that would require emotion.
  • edited November 2014
    Santacon will not becoming to Bushwick after all. They claim there weren't enough bars to serve all the partons. No idea where they are going next. Might I suggest @whynot_31's place?
  • I vote we combine the event with St. Patrick's Day.

I believe that some of the participants overlap.
  • I vote we combine the event with St. Patrick's Day.

I believe that some of the participants overlap.

Please don't equate a New York tradition that goes back to the 1700s with these nincompoops
  • I believe that some of the modern nincompoops overlap.

We may also want to see if some of Staten Island is participating. Is it harder to get a pizza on the day of Santacon?
This discussion has been closed.