A pretty well done video about growing up in Brooklyn in the 1960s and 1970s - Brooklynian

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A pretty well done video about growing up in Brooklyn in the 1960s and 1970s

Comments

• maybe we don't comments on posts like this because so many people in Brooklyn today are not originally from there and don't know how it was like in the old days (???)

I, for one, would love to see more posts and photos about yesteryear in God's Country
  • While about half that video had nothing to do with Brooklyn specifically, I remember just about every part that did and can state where the were located and that I had been to nearly every one. I'm sure none of the characters in the tv shows and cartoons that were shown lived in Brooklyn except for "the Honeymooners" who stated two different addresses in episodes of the shows....328 Chauncey and 728 Chauncey. Surprising there was no reference to "Welcome Back Kotter" which showed New Utrecht H.S. in the opening credits and was supposed to have taken place in Brooklyn.